What do you eat between breakfast and lunch?

Options

Replies

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    varies ...can be anything from fruit, greek yogurt, almonds or mini twix bars.
  • Karen_LM
    Karen_LM Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    eat whatever you want..just make sure you maintain a calorie deficit...

I thought this was the maintenance part of the forum? I typically try to avoid a calorie deficit to maintain.

In that case, dont create a surplus. Always adjust advice to your needs, not everyone came to this thread by going down through the categories. It was on my front page as being 'current'.

I tend to eat two small breakfasts, peanut butter toast and coffee to get me and everyone out of the house, then yogurt and fruit after errands and gym (my job isnt in an office). Depending on things, i might just have lunch, and a larger or two snacks between lunch and dinner.
  • pzacher68
    pzacher68 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    0530 - oatmeal w/dried fruit for breakfast (300c)
    0830 - fruit/granola/nuts/oatmeal to go muffin (100-150c)
    1130 - salad (250-300c)
    1530 - fruit/granola/nuts (100-150c)
    1800 - dinner (500-600c)

water, water, water and walk, walk, walk.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I generally have a cup of Greek yogurt, piece of fruit or cottage cheese around 10 am. Half way between breakfast and lunch and it's perfect :)
  • Hobbes2060
    Options
    If I know I will have a later night at the office and need a heavier afternoon snack:

I put a 1/4 Cup of oatmeal in a glass dish with a lid, fill with almond milk just to the top of the oats (and a splash of vanilla extract). Sometimes I top with honey or dark chocolate chips. Put the lid on and refrigerate. By 4pm the oats are soaked and I can eat it cold or reheat in the microwave for 40 seconds.

I love snacks and have to have something between meals.
    Other ideas:
    -Roasted chickpeas with seasoning
    -Avocado in small cubes with blueberries and cinnamon (small dish)
    -Roasted pears and sweet potato (small dish)
    -10 almonds
    -Veggies and hummus
    -Apple slices and almond butter
    -Yogurt and fruit
    -Celery and almond butter
  • Karen_LM
    Karen_LM Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    :
    Second Breakfast
    Elevensies

I tried to name all my meals after the Hobbit meals, but MFP only allows 6 meals a day, and so I don't get to have second breakfast. ;(

At least I have elevensies.

:love: :love: :love:
  • Ladytrajedi
    Ladytrajedi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Having a busy schedule can definitely be hectic.....I work 10hr shifts daily and get up at 3am to workout Monday through Friday.....my solution is 8 small meals a day and my calorie limit is 1410 a day......sometimes I eat my exercise calories back....but small meals every 2 hours is what works for me......lots of fiber and protien in the morning......lots of protein and carbs from veggies for lunch and lots of fruit throughout the day.....apples and cutie oranges go a long way
  • Patzycakes
    Patzycakes Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You gotta find those filling foods that really carry you over. Some peanut butter and an apple or banana. A handful of nuts. Just a little something to keep your blood sugar up. And make sure you're drinking water. Offices tend to be really DRY with the forced heat during the winter, make sure you're not getting dehydrated. So pick something to snack on and follow it by a nice big glass of water. Give it a few minutes before you decided if you're still hungry or not.

I feel the same way with my new work hours I have. I used to be able to eat breakfast at a "normal" time with a short commute to work.

Now I'm having a 45 - 60 minute commute and I don't get a "break" until NOON. So Its been a challenge making it from breakfast to lunch and figure out what to eat and when. You'll find what works for you.
  • momtastic2014
    Options
    Usually rice cake with hummus or fruit
  • My3Sons1051
    My3Sons1051 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I usually have a light cheese stick (50 calories) and a small single tub of unsweetened applesauce (50 calories). It is enough to get me through till lunch.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Eat twice as many eggs for breakfast.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?

I'm on a similar schedule to you (protein/coffee shake for breakfast at 6:30am, lunch at 12, usually salad or leftovers with plenty of protein) and I drink a shedload of water throughout the day. I drink three 1.5 litre bottles whilst I'm at work, one a half of those before lunch time. It could be you're dehydrated and not as hungry as you think!

Also, as another point, I struggled with hunger for the first few days in my office job, same as you: I was famished within 3h of breakfast. But now I'm in a routine and my body knows when it's getting fed, it's calmed down a lot. I've found that for me it's also helped to cut out most of my carbs during the day and save them for my evening meal. I don't get as hungry since I've done that!

Snack ideas: buy some chicken breasts at the beginning of the week, grill them up and keep them in the fridge to snack on. A hit of protein is your best bet for filling you up enough to make it until lunch. Hardboiled eggs do the same trick or a small protein shake.
  • WheezyFbb
    WheezyFbb Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Haven't had breakfast in years. My first meal of the day is lunch, usually a sandwich or a hamburger with some extra protein in the form of yogurt or bars.
  • abickford82
    Options
    I eat about 8 meals a day, so whatever I want really as long as it contains both carbs and protein.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I don't eat between breakfast and lunch. breakfast is yogurt fruit and granola (2-250 calories worth) and that will keep me going until lunch. I will have a couple of large mugs of tea and a couple of glasses of water though. Lunch varies (I work for a hotel so it depends on what is on offer from chef - many days i end up with salad and hard boiled eggs only) late afternoon I'll eat an apple before walking 7km home
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Just had 50 calorie serving of broccoli & cauliflower. Less than 1 TBLSP of no fat ranch dressing.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I usually have cravings for something savoury so I keep Twiglets (wholemeal snacks, 98 calories a pack) in my desk then have a piece of fruit.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Banana between breakfast and lunch and an apple between lunch and dinner. If I'm starving I'll add a piece of cheese to the apple or a slather of peanut butter.
  • Barbsunshine7
    Barbsunshine7 Posts: 2,693 Member
    Options
    During the week I have a string cheese and small can of low sodium V-8. On the weekends I sleep in a bit so I'm eating breakfast later. On those days I usually don't eat a snack since breakfast holds me over til lunch!
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Definetely a fruit & protein...around 120-130 cals