Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No. :sick: :sick:
  • 195to135
    195to135 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    as written, with no toppings and using full fat everything, sliced to serve 6...

calories 261 / carbs 4 / fat 21 / protein 14 / fiber 1 / sodium 535

Regular Pizza per slice

Calories ~285 / Carbs 36 / Protein 12 / Fibre 2.5 / Sodium 640

So... Why not just eat the flippin' pizza?

It's for those doing low carb, 4 carbs this way compared to 36 grams for real pizza makes a huge difference to those counting carbs and still lets them get a pizza fix in.
  • blue_eyes_
    blue_eyes_ Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wmstormvet
    Options
    I think if you sub Egg Beaters for the eggs, you will save a lot of calories and still get the same taste.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Bump. Sounds yummy
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    as written, with no toppings and using full fat everything, sliced to serve 6...

calories 261 / carbs 4 / fat 21 / protein 14 / fiber 1 / sodium 535

Regular Pizza per slice

Calories ~285 / Carbs 36 / Protein 12 / Fibre 2.5 / Sodium 640

So... Why not just eat the flippin' pizza?
    Exactly I can make a normal pizza with a base with thise sort of calories so why bother

Because I would trade the 36 carbs for the 4 anyday! I know it is a shock, but some of us prefer lower carbs and no wheat. and some of us also love the full fat! I would cut the fatty meat and use turkey peperoni, but I want REAL cheese.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I love cream cheese but I would be in the bathroom all afternoon if I ate this :smokin:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I would rather make home made pizza and save myself the overload of cheese and cholesterol from that.

The biggest problem people have with pizza is portions. How many people can stick to only 1 slice?

So based on the actually counting of the the ingredients that is 333 a slice. I can go to Papa Murphy and order a Delite pizza (180 calories per slice) and get 2 slices for the same at this No Dough Pizza.

I eat the whole thing. Am quiet happy to.

but yeah- as delicious as this sounds- it's not pizza.
  • Ledgehanger
    Ledgehanger Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    people seem to be losing the point of this. its not a low fat pizza recipe. its a recipe for people that have gluten allergies or are on a gluten/carb restricted diet. hence the "no dough" if you don't have restriction, you don't have to eat it...but please don't slam it. it was posted as an alternative for people that want pizza but can't eat it because of the gluten. geez.
    Yes, please.

(Don't get me wrong... I agree with the sentiment that "No Dough Pizza" = "Not Pizza" - but might be a good way to appease some pizza craving for people without getting the carbs they don't want.)

I'm gonna try it.
  • Ledgehanger
    Options
    ...Sweet Potato, Goat Cheese and Kale Pizza

Cauliflower Crust...
    Maybe if I could do that with regular stuff instead of sweet potatoes - and could substitute mozzarella for goat cheese - and get rid of the weeds (I mean... kale) - then I'd give that a try. :laugh:

The one from the OP sounds good. This one... I hope you all enjoy it. :wink:
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I prefer this one made with egg whites
    http://youtu.be/k9PN7f9WC8I
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I can't give the specs on this, because everyone will top theirs differently. Enjoy :)

NO DOUGH PIZZA!!!!!!! This one is a WINNER!!!! Gluten Free, Low Carb, Diabetic Friendly!!!!!! For when you absolutely want pizza but not all the carbs!!!!!!!

Crust
    1 (8 oz) package of full fat cream cheese, room temperature
    2 eggs
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Topping
    1/2 cup pizza sauce
    1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    toppings - pepperoni, ham, sausage, mushrooms, peppers Garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spay a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined. Spread into baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, our until golden brown. Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes. Spread pizza sauce on crust. Top with cheese and toppings. Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
    Interesting..Thinking...my kiddo would like this :flowerforyou:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ...Sweet Potato, Goat Cheese and Kale Pizza

Cauliflower Crust...
    Maybe if I could do that with regular stuff instead of sweet potatoes - and could substitute mozzarella for goat cheese - and get rid of the weeds (I mean... kale) - then I'd give that a try. :laugh:

The one from the OP sounds good. This one... I hope you all enjoy it. :wink:

heh.... weeds.... kale. LOL troof
  • Ledgehanger
    Options
    So... based on the OP, I tried this last night (with 1/2 cup of Jimmy Dean turkey sausage added).

Before trying it I thought it sounded like it might be good.

Now that I have tried it?

It's outstanding. (I don't know if it's really pizza - but it *is* really good.)