Doctor Who Fans Unite!!!

Options

Replies

• analoren
    Options
    I'm actually trying to lose weight for a bit of Doctor Who Cosplay next year. Once I reach my goal, I'm buying this puppy:

http://a.tgcdn.net/images/products/zoom/eb61_captain_jack_coat.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,636 Member
    Options
    I just don't get the craze over the 11th. I guess I do (young girls and recent bandwagon jumpers), but he was mediocre at best. They never differentiated him from Tennant so I just never got used to him. I'm glad he's gone... >_>

That's not completely true. I've seen a lot of classic series fans say he's one of the best Doctors.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

Reason #0944 to be fit- to be ready for a whole lot of running when the doctor finally chooses me as his next companion :happy:

YES
  • Allons-y!
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    LOL I love that you can read ten's accent! "Yuuuup".
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Ahhh yay! A Doctor who topic! My inner geek is giggling & jumping up & down. I only started watching last year, but have caught up... though every time the Doctor regenerated, I had to give myself about 3 weeks of a break to mourn his loss. Yes... I'm THAT big of a dork. I cry every time....
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Nine is my doctor, but I honestly can't pick a favorite. I just happened to start with Nine and fell in love.
  • futurerunner
    futurerunner Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya!!! All the Doctors have a place in my two hearts!
  • HeatherGTaylor
    HeatherGTaylor Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ahhh yay! A Doctor who topic! My inner geek is giggling & jumping up & down. I only started watching last year, but have caught up... though every time the Doctor regenerated, I had to give myself about 3 weeks of a break to mourn his loss. Yes... I'm THAT big of a dork. I cry every time....

Haha SAME! I had to give each doctor the respect he deserved before moving on.
  • Robb_Lloyd
    Robb_Lloyd Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow this darn thread just made me love MFP all the more. Now I can geek out while I work out? Yes please!
  • Robb_Lloyd
    Options
    LOL I love that you can read ten's accent! "Yuuuup".

too funny but so true!
  • Robb_Lloyd
    Options
    So I usually get slack for this but to be honest I found Donna Noble to be the most annoying companion of the modern series.

Who is your favorite companion and who is your least favorite?

I started in 2005 with Eccleston and have been addicted since. I have no idea what to expect with the new Doctor but cant wait to watch!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    So I usually get slack for this but to be honest I found Donna Noble to be the most annoying companion of the modern series.

I started in 2005 with Eccleston and have been addicted since. I have no idea what to expect with the new Doctor but cant wait to watch!

At first, I really really disliked Donna, she did annoy me. But honestly, she grew on me after a few adventures and I agree with a previous poster that said she had the best character development.

Favorite: Rose Tyler, hands down. Love. Very close second: The Ponds of course

Least favorite: Eh, don't have one. They all sacrificed.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Rory, and Jamie....and captain Jack....

As for annoying, whatever the name was of the Bonnie Langford character.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Do ya think you fall hardest for your first Doctor?

I started on 9, then couldn't CONCEIVE of why people were so on about 10. Then I fell in love with 10, and I'm STILL mad. He didn't want to go. 11. . .I've had to distance myself ;), I just see it as a Different Series now that the Doctor/Rose aspect is all but dead. Haven't seen all the last season either, but I think I'll be less emotionally attached to 11 when he transitions to 12. Heard 12 brings a darker Doctor, which sounds awesome.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options

At first, I really really disliked Donna, she did annoy me. But honestly, she grew on me after a few adventures and I agree with a previous poster that said she had the best character development.

Favorite: Rose Tyler, hands down. Love. Very close second: The Ponds of course

Least favorite: Eh, don't have one. They all sacrificed.

Donna annoyed the bejeezus out of me, but her awesome grand dad made it up.
    Rose forever, though I think soufflé girl is growing on me.
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Wow! Look at all of you guys!!! It's going to take me forever to send this many friend requests!!! :laugh: I love it!!!
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    qxbvljx
  • cshouston81
    Options
    Do ya think you fall hardest for your first Doctor?

I started on 9, then couldn't CONCEIVE of why people were so on about 10. Then I fell in love with 10, and I'm STILL mad. He didn't want to go. 11. . .I've had to distance myself ;), I just see it as a Different Series now that the Doctor/Rose aspect is all but dead. Haven't seen all the last season either, but I think I'll be less emotionally attached to 11 when he transitions to 12. Heard 12 brings a darker Doctor, which sounds awesome.

I think this is why I never liked Matt Smith's Doctor. My first and favorite was Eccleston, so it took me a while to warm up to Tennant, but once I did I really quite liked him. The fact that his Doctor didn't want to go... and the fact that, in my mind, they didn't make Smith's Doctor all that much different personality wise, made it too hard to let go and accept the new guy as anything but a cheap impostor.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,636 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest problems with 10 was that he didn't want to go (which was somewhat mollified in The Day of Doctor when they made it seem like he meant Trenzalore but then I caught the End of Time on tv and then....nope! He was back to being a whiny, vain ***** again.

I really loved 9's regeneration and that set the bar for me. He was so matter of fact about it ("And that's ok. Hope it's a good death."). After all, he'd been through it enough times already.

And 11 has the best regeneration ever. Fantastic speech, scene with a certain person that gets you right in the feels and turning into Capaldi was hilarious. :smile:

As for favorite companions. Female is Donna. She didn't moon over the Doctor, she was compassionate and sarcastic, and she had such a tragic ending. Male is Rory. He went from wimpy to badass and c'mon...he protected Amy for 2000 years when she was trapped in a huge box!