Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred?

Options
2»

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    It’s only 26 minutes so I only burn 150 cals as per my HRM so my exercise has to be supplemented with additional exercise oh and I found out recently she's basically a fraud, has no more nutritional or fitness training than I do; she has 2 certifications from organizations that aren't even accepted by most gyms. She has no college education in fitness. She is not a nutritionist. She is not a registered dietitian. She worked in talent management in LA and that is how she got her job on BL.

So that’s the down side, little calories burned and unnatural movements that may cause injuries. Basically you get what you pay for, $9 worth of expertise.
  • vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It’s only 26 minutes so I only burn 150 cals as per my HRM so my exercise has to be supplemented with additional exercise oh and I found out recently she's basically a fraud, has no more nutritional or fitness training than I do; she has 2 certifications from organizations that aren't even accepted by most gyms. She has no college education in fitness. She is not a nutritionist. She is not a registered dietitian. She worked in talent management in LA and that is how she got her job on BL.

So that’s the down side, little calories burned and unnatural movements that may cause injuries. Basically you get what you pay for, $9 worth of expertise.

Way to kill my motivation. With that in my head every time I do the shred, now, you've killed my motivation completely. The shred was the one workout dvd I was determined to do. I've done the whole 30 days through twice this year already and was half way through my third run. Now I just don't see the point and may not reach my next mini goal because of it.

It may not be the biggest burn ever but I did really appreciate the burn when I was motivated! I have an extremely busy life which requires lots of reading which means sitting for most of the day. That half an hour Jillian gave me was a godsend. Now, I have to find something else and hope that it isn't slated by the next man.
  • carmen1485
    Options
    Way to kill my motivation. With that in my head every time I do the shred, now, you've killed my motivation completely. The shred was the one workout dvd I was determined to do. I've done the whole 30 days through twice this year already and was half way through my third run. Now I just don't see the point and may not reach my next mini goal because of it.

It may not be the biggest burn ever but I did really appreciate the burn when I was motivated! I have an extremely busy life which requires lots of reading which means sitting for most of the day. That half an hour Jillian gave me was a godsend. Now, I have to find something else and hope that it isn't slated by the next man.

ikiness - if it's working for you, keep doing it. You are burning calories you wouldn't otherwise burn, you are more toned and fitter and healthier than you were. There are so many weightloss and exercise DVDs out there and you've found one that makes a difference to you. No, it isn't the longest in the world, but most of us don't have a ton of time to fit these things into. I might not burn loads of calories but I feel and look better and ultimately that is what counts.

If you were getting hurt or injuring yourself, that would be different, but the fact that you're going for round 3 means that you're not. Don't let one person's comments spoil your commitment to getting fit. There are loads of people on MFP who have successfully used the 30 Day Shred and I haven't found any comments about injuries from it. JM is about getting people motivated to do something more than sit on their backsides and to see a real difference in their body shape in a relatively short space of time. I really hope you can keep up your motivation and there are a load of threads ongoing with people doing the Shred. There are a group of us on '30 day shred starting today. Any takers?' and we're all just starting Level 2. You'd be welcome to join us.
  • hunterzmomma
    Options
    for all you dissing Jillian Michaels... look at her body!! she obviously knows what she is doing :)
  • Alenais
    Alenais Posts: 5
    Options
    I started it yesterday. Need to lose 15 pounds in the next month before I go on vacation. Good luck to everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • minxyg
    minxyg Posts: 1
    Options
    how do you log the this work out in the workout diary?