Skinny Fiber - does it work?

Options

Replies

• latrice1228
    Options
    hi im latrice, did u decide to keep taking it? did your bloated feeling go away. tonight is my first night taking it feb 7th 2014 and im not feeling anything maybe a little full i took it an hour ago..lol hope your experience turned positive. stay blessed.
  • sallyleena
    sallyleena Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been taking it off and on. I love the product. It truly makes you feel full fast and eat less.
  • aluethi1
    aluethi1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have taken it for 3 days and the "full" feeling in my experience is more of a "bloated" feeling. And because of this I will not be taking anymore. I wish they had a 30-day money back because now I have an almost full bottle of this. :(

There is a 30 day money back guarantee...
  • aluethi1
    aluethi1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I find it does help me feel full. When I'm hungry at work with no lunch break in sight, I'll take a pill and feel better.
    And before anyone says drinking water would do the same thing, I've tried just drinking water when hungry before and all that's happened is I ended up feeling sick.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You are bloated because you aren't drinking enough water. You can't just take something for three days and expect it to work. SF is flushing your body of toxins and things that have been and are stuck in your colon. I'd try to keep taking it for AT LEAST a month and then decide if it is not right for you. I've lost almost 11 lbs, and have only been taking it for two weeks.

You are joking right? If something is ever "stuck" in your colon you should go have surgery. What toxins?
  • sharde8691
    sharde8691 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have seen some success stories from using it, but I don't think I personally would try it. I have used psyllium husk and other extra fiber powders in my smoothie and it usually makes me very bloated. If you try it drinks A LOT of water to ease the bloating
  • trishk56
    trishk56 Posts: 2
    Options
    Its great for reflux. But it makes me feel bloated even when I drink a lot of water with it. I personally do not like Skinny Fiber for weight loss. The most weight I have ever lost is by counting calories and keeping my calorie count to 1200 - 1500 aday...that is when I dropped the pounds
  • snts4751
    snts4751 Posts: 1
    Options
    Awful experience with the product and the company! Its a scam, dont fall for it. Its one of those chains that when you buy the person above you makes profit and the chain continurs and continues. Anyone eating healthy and 500 claories a day can lose weight and shouldnt need skinny fiber to do it. TexasGirl is one of tgeir biggest distributors who will pull in her scam and leave you hanging..save your money. Exercise, diet and you will loose weight. If you need help seek your dr who can prescribe meds for $17 a month vs skinny fiber $60 a bottle every 10-15 days if you maximize the dose.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Awful experience with the product and the company! Its a scam, dont fall for it. Its one of those chains that when you buy the person above you makes profit and the chain continurs and continues. Anyone eating healthy and 500 claories a day can lose weight and shouldnt need skinny fiber to do it. TexasGirl is one of tgeir biggest distributors who will pull in her scam and leave you hanging..save your money. Exercise, diet and you will loose weight. If you need help seek your dr who can prescribe meds for $17 a month vs skinny fiber $60 a bottle every 10-15 days if you maximize the dose.
    sorry, did you mean to say eating "500 calories a day"?
  • hLm3691
    hLm3691 Posts: 1
    Options
    I was going to try SF and started my diet 3 weeks ago I found that lemon water with 1/8 teaspoon of Cyanne Pepper every am and a power walk every am works as well as eating better. A lot of organic's foods and veggies. So far 4 lbs and 1" off my waist. Once a month use Braggs organic apple cider vinegar and water for a week to detox my liver also helps. I have tried all kinds of pills and fads nothing ever worked. Try going ole natural. I am 56 and was 183 lost 4 and feeling better and when I get that craving for the evil chocolate I do treat myself to 1 cookie since I am below my calorie count
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I've also been looking at giving Skinny Fiber a try....all I ever see on facebook or the internet about this product are positive testimonials, I never hear anything negative....does it really work for everyone? And what happens after you stop taking it?

Would love to hear from others who have experience with this product. Thanks!

By "really work"
    What do you want or expect it to do?
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My previous coworker sells it. I had a bunch of coworkers that tried it and were given no information other than "take this and you'll lose weight." After a lot of the coworkers saw no results I asked the coworker that sold SF and she said "you need to eat extremely healthy and clean to get the effects of Skinny Fiber. If you eat anything processed then it won't work and you won't lose weight." Seriously 90% of people that switch to eating nothing processed and only "healthy" foods will lose weight without any supplement. If it makes you full, just drink more water and eat more foods with fiber. There is nothing special or magical in SF other than the ability to make money from gullible people.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options

I agree that SF is not worth spending money on. However, 500 calories a day? That is not healthy for 99% of people and should only be done in extreme circumstances when prescribed by a doctor. Even then, I don't think it's worth the risks.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Skinny Fiber is a fad just like anything else that makes a promise that you will lose weight if you take their product.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I agree that SF is not worth spending money on. However, 500 calories a day? That is not healthy for 99% of people and should only be done in extreme circumstances when prescribed by a doctor. Even then, I don't think it's worth the risks.
    Given that this is a necrothread, hopefully they've abandoned the 500 calories a day by now.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Given that this is a necrothread, hopefully they've abandoned the 500 calories a day by now.
    I agree!
  • VerniceFowlow
    Options
    They do have a money back guarentee!
  • tanya282014
    Options
    First of all, a diet is all about what you eat and how MUCH you eat of it!! I have many friend who used SF and had amazing results. But they followed a diet and worked out to help. You cant just take a pill and expect it to lose the weight for you. That's just crazy if ppl honestly think that is how it works.

Anyways I myself purchased the SF and started taking it almost a week ago.. I have noticed huge differences in my sleeping, inches and my mood. I have more energy and it helps cut back on my meal intake.

Your bloatiness is due to the fact that you are not drinking enough water AND every person is different. So maybe try for a couple weeks of 2 pills twice a day and if nothing try 3 pills twice or if not 3 times a day.

My friend took 3 pills with everything she ate, no set diet or schedule on eating, BUT she did work out for atleast 20 min in a day.

I am at work, and I sit behind a desk all day, so these pills have helped me more then I think. I wont know any weight loss or inches until I go home after my 2 week stint.

All I am trying to say is, if your that dedicated to wanting to lose weight and SF isn't working for you, keep at it for a bit longer. It take a month for some medication to work so chances are the same goes for this.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    the skinny fiber does work i won a bottle of this in a comp in a weight loss group on fb it was the starter for me that i needed i take it if i feel that i am eating to much but now i weigh my food portions you have to drink plenty of water. with the gas part of it its because of your diet change they are called protein farts and yes i admit they can be lethal at times lol but dont give up on taking the skinny fiber

Let's see.......you're eating less....and losing weight. That sounds miraculous! Skinny Fiber must work (not). :flowerforyou:

OP - calories in vs. calories out. That's it. If you eat because you are hungry, why not try eating filling foods (protein, fat, and fiber from actual food).

The problem is most people (who are overweight) didn't get that way by eating only when were hungry. Besides, how is Skinny Fiber going to help you keep the weight you lost off? If you ask me, it's a crutch of sorts. You're going to have to stand on your own eventually.
  • tanya282014
    Options
    why cant you just say good for you!! as opposed to making ppl who are taking these pills feel silly/stupid about them selves. EVERYTHING everyone starts is a crutch to help them, goodness!