Felt Sick After Trying Raspberry Ketones

Options
Last week there was this GNC guy standing outside his store, giving out free samples of raspberry ketones (Dr Oz recommended). I took one and popped it in my mouth right then and there. It was really yummy! I mean it looked like a piece of candy:-) Within a hour I started to feel dizzy, shaky and nauseous. I continued to feel like that for 24 hours. I guess, I'm very sensitive to dietary aids or medication, even ones that look like candy... LOL !!!! Has anyone else tried them and did you have the same experience?

Replies

• 123Pari
    123Pari Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    im slightly confused about these....surely something that produces keytones is only helpful if you are in ketosis

Are you doing low carb/high fat/med protein? this is the only way i see these working.....
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Don't take them.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Tried it for a month, no results. Just seemed to give me indigestion. :tongue:
  • mortgagegirl1
    mortgagegirl1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too tried them after Dr. Oz recommended them with the exact same results. I tried for 2 weeks taking them as instructed and it felt like my head was disconnected from my body so I stopped. It did nothing for my weight loss. I also tried the 3 day cleanse Dr. Oz recommended and lasted 1 day. Kale in a smoothie....yuck! It's funny because I don't watch Dr. Oz on a regular basis but being overweight all my life I am pretty much willing to try anything! lol (I don't think I'm alone in this). I joined MFP last September and stopped all the other crap. Eat less...move more and it's working!
  • CarlaBielby
    CarlaBielby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So guess what the exact same think happened to me, dizzy , nauseous, tingly, palpitations and entire face and arms went numb. I only found this forum by googling why I'd feel like that after taking them when everyone else says "nothing happens" I know I'm really sensitive to chemicals in my good as artificial sweetener makes me feel unwell too. So I'm going to hazard a non medical guess that some of us are just more sensitive to "manufactured" chemicals than others. On the same token, multivitamin tablets make me throw up. I have absolutely no medical problems generally either. So I'm clueless on this one.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I get queasy if I exercise shortly after taking them and burp up raspberry for hours after...
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken since that day. I hated that feeling.
  • nikolehuber
    nikolehuber Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ketones make me feel nauseous too. I've tried a few of the drinks and they always make me feel a little nauseous.
    So, I just quit drinking them. I assure you that it's not psychosomatic. My sister doesn't feel anything when she drinks them though.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Thanks mmapags. This was my first posting on this website ever, Now I just feel stupid.

So sorry. Gave you a hug to help you feel better. Wouldn't you rather know the truth though?
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Here's a helpful link:

https://nutritionasiknowit.com/blog/2016/1/13/nutrition-sources-you-should-avoid

Diet aids have only one use - making the manufacturer/endorsers money from preying on people who are vulnerable and desperate to lose weight.

^^Pretty much correct.
    There is no pill to aid weight loss. You are wasting your money and making the manufacturers richer.
    Eating less calories than you burn = weight loss.
    Anyway it is packaged and sold to you, the only way to lose weight is by eating less calories than you are burning, barring any medical conditions.

PS is there any medication, prescription or OTC, that is 100% safe. Why take the unnecessary risk?