It 2010 Please Join me Part 2!...My lovely Group!

Options

Replies

• Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    EEK- Thank you. Where will your band be playing? I live in Washington:)
  • chipgal
    chipgal Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Myth, Glad you had a great trip with hubby. Hope you get to feeling better.:flowerforyou:

Eek. Glad you are having a better week. What kind of concert band?

Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead. :bigsmile:

Chipgal
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I hope everyone is having a good week. I am down 20.5 pounds woohoo since jan 1st....Its going a little slower than i had wanted since I wanted to reach my under 200 mark by my sisters 21st bday but I think I might be able to pull another 5 if not 10 so I will be really close to my goal! If I could get my butt to the gym I might have made my goal....but that is ok....the real victory will be 10 pounds from now when i am FINALLY under 200! :drinker:

My relationship has been suffering though. I think its my work. I am always stressed out. My partner says im not the same caring person anymore. Its hard to be when you argue so much.

Hope to hear from everyone soon. We ned to get this thread kicking like the one before!!!
  • Keltinator
    Keltinator Posts: 265
    Options
    tgif everybody :)

i had a hot chocolate from 7-eleven today (bad eek, bad!.. and now i pretty much have no cals for dinner :( i've had tons of fibre today so i'm not super hungry, let's hope it stays that way!! haha

newbeginning--congrats on hitting the -20 mark!!

as for the band-- by 'concert' i mean a section of the music department at my school that plays primarily classical music... i play the trumpet in it. i don't know where exactly we're playing, but we usually just tour schools... and we'll probably stick in northern washington... but yeah. i'm excited :)

have a good weekend everybody! i'll be in a soccer tournament, burning some major calories! lol
    :)
  • amandaja
    amandaja Posts: 22
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have been MIA for way too long. Tried skimming through post to get caught up on everything but will have to come back to do that...I should be righting 3 papers right now for homework. ugh! I hate when i procrastinate. Luckily they are all short papers and shouldn't take too long...or so I think. haha! I need to get two done before heading out in an hour and a half to my son's cub scout pinewood derby races. I am stuck going because I am bringing the scale. Helps that I work for the director who is also over the County's Weights and Measures division. haha!

I have been holding my own weight loss wise going between the same 2 lbs (178-180). I am good with that considering I went on a huge junk food spree for the past two weeks. What was up with that? And no exercise because I am still trying to find time to just be myself between the increased work hours, kids, husband (aka big kid), home, and homework. BUT I think I may have helped to solve the delima. I ordered a weight bench last night and should have it in about a week. i am so excited!!!! I don't have the time to get to the gym so I am going to bring a little bit of the gym to me. Plus with the change in daylight savings, that should mean more daylight! I can get out on the bike somehow, even for a quick high intensity interval jaunt.

So starting the week off with clean eats as my focus. Breakfast was 3 eggs (1 whole, 2 whites) scrambled in a smidgeon of olive oil and about a cup and half of baby spinach. A little bit of coffe to wash it down and a half of a jalapeno cheddar bread roll. With everything calculated, that put me at about 240 calories for breakfast. Now to start chugging the water bottle I have here next to me.

Myth, to answer your more calories lost weight question...sometimes you have to eat more to lose more. Crazy I know, but if you are working out you really do need to increase your calories or else you risk throwing your system into startvation mode. That is not a good mode. Plus switching up your calories is a good thing at times so at to keep your body guessing and not entering that starvation mode.

Congrats to all the ladies that are sticking with it. It is not as important if you are losing or not, you are dedicating yourself to a better healthier you. That in itself should be applauded. Great job!

Now off to write! Have a great Sunday!
  • Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    hey folks I am so sick and tired and tired of being sick. I have not been to the gym in this will be 3 weeks. I am on my second antibiotic. :( Ill try to get on this week but I have an aunt who was diagnosed with cancer in her brain and lungs and is going down hill fast,they said terminal and it is not looking good. Today my hubby got a call from his mother saying the drs told her she should call the family cause grandma wont be here much longer.... I also have some friends I have know for 5 years and I belive they are getting divorced, they are the first group of friends i have know since I got married almost 12 years ago to get divorced. Then my brother calls me today and he and his wife are nto doing good and the "d" (divorce) word was thrown out there to chew on for him. NOt to mention I went camping this weekend and i still need a shower formt he mud cause it rained while we were camping and I am just done. I hope you all are doing good. I miss you ladies!
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    AWWW MYTH....I am sorry you are having sucha rough time. We are here if you need to vent. Get better soon and keep your head up. :flowerforyou:
  • Keltinator
    Options
    wow the posting has really slowed down :( . i hope everyone's doing well! hopefully it means everyone's settling into a nice routine?? haha.

myth--sometimes it seems everything just happens all at once, you know! like all of a sudden, youf life is in overdrive or something! i remember a long time ago my best friend went through a month where her father fell off a roof during work, her neighbor who was only 12 died in a freak accident, and then her family found out one of their close friends had commited suicide... she was a wreck. if you need people to talk to, we are all here, everyday (even if we're not posting everyday... :blushing: ). hope things slow down and get better for ya soon :)

amandaja--love your "bringing a bit of the gym home" comment. i have tons of balance equipment ( a balance board, bosu ball), but no cardio gear! plus, i hate going for runs. i like machines (i know, kinda crazy :P) the good news is, there's a women's fitness centre opening up in the strip-mall type thing that's a 2 minute walk from my house!! i'm definately gonna have to look into it!

and thus, the middle of the week is past.. we're in the home stretch now! haha. happy wednesday!
  • chipgal
    Options
    Myth, Hope the Dr gives you the correct antidote for what ails you. I know when they call in the family the end is near, lost my grandmother in 1990 and they called my sister, but she arrived 3 hours after my grand mother died. It is a hole for a while and it never really fills back in. I'll keep you in my thoughts as you battle everything.

Eek, I'll try to post more often as summer gets here and it quits raining and snowing.

Looked at old post and still points to this post so I do not know what happened to everyone?:huh:

Chipgal
  • nicgetfit
    Options
    Hello All!

Well its been ages and I have not been using MFP as regularly as I should! But in my defence I went on holiday to Egypt and had an amazing time, I also lost weight - and yes I did catch the dreaded tummy bug but I had lost weight before that! I had no idea what I was eating most of the time so calorie counting was not an option but I have got used to smaller portions and in that heat I really didnt want to stuff my face! I came back with good intentions but alas after having days of not being able to eat and throwing up I really missed food and was very naughty! Good news is that I recognised that reasonably quickly and I have now got myself back under control with portions and food choices although I have not yet started back calculating my calories and exercise yet, and I will be back on it properly next week. (It is after all the weekend) I am definately eating less than I did last year and my clothes seem to be getting looser (woo!) so I am not too upset by my lack of proactiveness but I do know I need to get back on the band wagon before I roll too far away from the right path!

As you may remember I was really strict to begin with and desperate to shed the weight quickly but I am more relaxed now and not in a rush to lose - I am now doing this for the right reasons to get fit and toned. I have checked out fatshonistas and other websites which has helped my confidence loads as I realise that whilst I am a bigger girl at the moment I can still look good but when I shed some weight and get fitter then I can feel even better! Anyway as you can tell I am very happy and positive and I am going to get back into this because it is the simplest way to keep an eye on your diet and exercise!

And thanks Chipgal for your message - it spurred me on!
    x x x
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    Hello everyone. I feel so sad that we dont have as many people as we did...hopefully those who arent with us are doing well.

Well today was weigh in i was down 2.5 pounds for a total or 23. Yea down a total of 60.....hope everyone is having a good week.
  • Myth
    Options
    HELLO PEOPLE! lol Ok so I believe my sinus issue is about gone, and i am so excited about going back to the gym tmrw! SO I have lost some weight over the last couple weeks and I am so excited! I have tried on some summer dresses and love the way they look! So does hubby! :)
    Thank you all for your thought and prayers regardingmy friends and family so far both family members are still with us... as for the friends and family with getting divorced well one has gone down hill and the other seems to be doing ok. Thank you ladies!
    I will be regularly tracking my food as of tmrw and my exercse as well. I hope every one is doing well, and I will be see you all tmrw! :)
  • Myth
    Options
    Well my day started bad last night, my aunt with the brainand lung cancer passed last night. I am more sad for my stepfather who has lost his baby sister. I have pulled through so far today, eating is all planned and even went to the gym. Just keep crying here and there because my friends that were talking divorce are doing it and it is starting to look ugly. My hubby says you cant change this Shannon you need to let it go. I have a stress headache right now and jsut want to curl up in bed and cry, but I cant. I have kids to tend to and a boycout meeting tonight and life goes on. Maybe Ill try to get to bed early. :) Thanks for the ear guys. On the good side I am enjoying the changes in my body I am up to 8 pounds gone and I can already see the difference! So that is exciting.

Thalia, congrats on the 60 pounds chica! YOU ROCK! Ladies dont give up we are here for you :)

Nicgetfit,,
    u changed your pic and I was like who is that then I saw the name and realized who it was lol.
  • chipgal
    Options
    Myth, I'll cry with you :cry: (maybe that will help). Just do not lose your friend just because of a divorce, they need friends now more than ever. You aunt no longer is hurting and you should console your step father as much as possible. Thanks for letting us know how things are going.

nicegetfit, I'm green with envy that you went to a fantastic place with out all your buddies. Glad you made it home just fine and we appreciate your posts.

new beginning, did I read that right that you have now lost 60 lbs? Way to go:bigsmile:

Chipgal
  • NewBeginning2010
    Options
    Hello ladies1 yes it has taken almost 2 years of yo yo dieting but I am down from 267 to 207 and 7 more pounds and it will be 8 years that i have been trying to get out of these dang 200's...ill be soooooo excited.

I just found out my friend and uncle both have cancer. My friend is in hospice in his death bed and hes under the age of 25! i am very sad for both.

Tomorrow if my gfs sisters 21 st bday so we are going on a little get away and hopefully i can stay on track while away! its almost tom so i might just avoid scale this friday lol.
  • Myth
    Options
    Thalia,

Sorry to hear about friends and family. I will be thinking of you and them.

Have fun tmrw night!
  • Keltinator
    Options
    myth and thalia -- i'm so sorry to hear about your friends/family, my thoughts are with you!

seems like nobody's been having a good time of it recently (except nicgetfit lol). i was all good until i woke up veeeery early sunday morning and was violently ill! ugh. so then i had a fever and thought it was just the flu, but by the end of the day my temp was still around 39.5C, so i went to the hospital and low and behold i have an infection that's gonna spread to my kidneys if i don't take these awful antibiotics! the main reason i hate them is because you have to eat food with them... and food is definately not my friend right now! lol. soo yeah. no point in logging cuz it'll just tell me to eat more! haha. but i thought i'd check in anyways. plus i realized if i went another day without logging in it'd say "eek hasn't logged in for 3 days" and i was like noooooo i don't want that to happen!! ahaha :)

oh and CONGRATS THALIA on your 60 pounds lost! thats awesome!!
  • Myth
    Options
    Eek sorry you are so sick! Hope you feel better soon. Yes mfp teling you to eat more is such a bad thing lol.

I did go to the gym again today and am glad I am going it is helping all this stress I think. :)
  • Myth
    Options
    So I have been to the gym for the last three days and omg!! I am so sore! My inner thighs are so sore and feel like they will explode they are so tight and sore. Now MOnday morning my weight was 135.6 but after exercising and being so sore my weight is up and I swear everytime this happens then when all the swelling goes down I so does my weight. It is just irritating and frustrating. Do any of you expierence this? or did you? Just wondering..
  • Keltinator
    Options
    was able to log today -- hooray :D

myth--if i read that right you were saying that after you workout and are sore, your weight goes up and when it stops your weight goes down? i've never experienced that, usually for me i am consistantly 2-3 pounds less before breakfast, then for the rest of the day my weight is about even...

and something that made me feel good today: there was a huge career fair and people from different schools came to check it out, and TONS of them were from my old school. i hadn't known that morning so i was in less than tip-top shape and got kind of nervous since i haven't seen them in so long. but when they all said hi they said "hey, erin! you're just as tiny as you used to be!" (note that after i left their school two years ago i gained about 10 pounds and now have worked around 7 of them off.) i still want to lose more weight but what they said was like a total confidence boost! just more motivation to get to my goal and blow them all away :smile:

happy thursday, everyone!