It 2010 Please Join me Part 2!...My lovely Group!

Options

Replies

• chipgal
    chipgal Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Eek glad you took fruit from hotel for lunch. That was very smart.:flowerforyou:

Newbeginnings, Now you need to break the 150 mark, not much ahead.:drinker:

Myth, glad to see you back on the computer.:bigsmile:

Chipgal
  • Keltinator
    Keltinator Posts: 265
    Options
    happy victoria day, everybody :)

i've been eating really well today, and so i am in a good mood! hooray :D

i've been thinking for the past little while that it's really hard to get an accurate reading of how many calories i've burned when i exercise. i don't use monitors, just MFP's database. i don't know if i'm just over-thinking things or whatever, but for instance i went for a walk yesterday and walked semi-fast... i tried to walk fast enough that i was sweating a little but still enjoying myself. I was out for more than an hour, but i entered an hour of moderately paced walking in and it was saying i burned over 200 calories! that's as much as i put in for a game/practise in soccer, and i know i work a whole lot harder there... so i cut it down to 150 calories burned for the walk. what do you guys think? i mean, i see some people who are entering over a thousand calories burned for two hours. i have a hard time believing that, you know?
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. sorry for not checking in for awhile. Has not been a great month. I seperated w my partner, had to move my stuff back in with my parents havent lived there in 7 years until i figure out what im going to do and had to send my dad to greece because his dad is dying of liver cancer.....plus problems at work a fight with my best friend the whole month has sucked im so depressed.

Anyways. My body bugg its the thing the biggest loser contestants use. I love it and its amazing but i have been slacking on couinting my calories. I find myself being in an i dont care rut amd i know thats dangerous....i have avoided the scale for 2 weeks which means that i am not focused. Im not eating because of my feeling which is good but im eating just whatever when im hungry or eating when i know iv already reached my calories....

i hope things will get better. If i started gaining weight it would just make my feelings worse. Hope everyone is doing well
  • Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Eek, that is exactly what I would do lol. 1000 in 2 hrs, that is crazy!!! If the are burning that much they are insanly working out,lol. I know when I spin it says like 450 an hour.. not that I ever count that I say 300 when I log it, lol. But glad you are doing good. :)
  • Myth
    Options
    Thalia,

Hun I am so sorry, it always seems like things come crashing down all at once, I know that feeling recently myself. Hun, just breathe and something I heard recently I am going to try to practice myself.. try to be in the moment. When you make it to the gym, when someone smiles, 1 day, 1 thing at a time. I will be thinking of you sweety. :)
  • Keltinator
    Options
    Sorry to hear that things aren't going so well at the moment for you, Thalia. Myth is so right, sometimes people need to tkae one day and one step at a time to get through rough patches.

So, I'd like to share my latest absence of common sense. There are two parks near my house: one across a main street that it quite large and user-friendly, and one that is basicallt mountain-biking trails right behing the complex I live in. The other day I was walking in the big one and just as I was leaving, there was this huge ruckus. A family had just seen a bear. It's pretty common right now, being the season it is. But anyways, I decided not to go in the woods alone anymore.

Then, after getting off the bus today, I walked home using a short-cut through the forest, alone, without thinking, and you know what happens next. I look up from admiring my new shoes as I turn a corner... and there is a big, black bear in front of me! Not RIGHT in front of me, but pretty close, anyways. Luckily, it hadn't noticed me and I was really close to an exit... and so I had to back up painfully slowly so I wouldn't trip or anything. It was the longest thirty seconds of my life! So anyways, that happened about ten minutes ago, and my heart is still pumping a little... but a lesson learned, definately! :blushing:

And so I advise you to stay out of the woods if alone. haha
  • chipgal
    Options
    Thalia, My thoughts are with you through this rough time. Look for a smile that gets someone else smiling.

EEK, Are the bears through hibernating already? You should carry a shotgun.
  • Keltinator
    Options
    chipgal--oh yes, the bears have been out of hibernating for a long time now, since we had virtually no snow over the winter! i'll have to look into the shotgun though. oh wait. i'm in canada! lol

hope everyone's weekend was good! i had a field hockey tournament friday to sunday and man, my legs feel like lead and I could eat three horses right now! i find myself snacking a whole lot... i'm really trying to cut down there. drinking water helps a lot :)
  • amandaja
    amandaja Posts: 22
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have been missing in action for a while but have thought of you guys! May has been a busy month. Actually April and May. Classes are a bit tougher because they deal with government budgeting and It management. I can't quite BS my way through those! haha! My mother in law has been staying with us for the during this time and will continue till she goes back to Mexico. I do not know when that is, probably October or November. I miss the privacy but we get along well. Plus my daughter gets to spend a lot of time with her grandma. I can't beat that!

I think I have gained 3 pounds. Booo! On the bright side I am glad that is all! :) Back to cleaning up the eating and trying to get more movement in. The last two days I have biked to the beach. I got a little computer for my bike. How fun! I now know how fast I am going, what my average speed is, how far I go, and how long it takes me to do the trip. Great stuff!

Got to run. Daughter just woke up from her nap and I need to get the BBQ going for dinner. Later!
  • Keltinator
    Options
    nice to see you back, amandaja! wow, government budgeting and it management... tough stuff! i totally know what you mean by not being able to BS your way through stuff, I do it all the time, and then I get frustrated when i actually have to really understand something to do well... lol. that bike thing you were talking about sounds super useful :)
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Its been so long since i have checked in. I am having a rough time this past few weeks. My grandfather who was ill with liver cancer ended up passing away this past thursday. I didnt get to see him and it breaks my heart, My father at least got to spend one week with him but he is having a hard time dealing eith the loss of his father and my grandpa doesnt even want to go in the house.

I have stopped counting calories and am so depressed i eat anything. I attempted to count today and record and i am at my 1200 today. I tried to go for a walk but i know i will go get ice cream as soon as im off here. I know its bad and i just dont care and its sad i was doing so well. I hadgained 3 pounds as well the last time i went on scale and i know that ill probably be back over 200 again and it sucks i dont know how to get back on track the stress is too much.
  • chipgal
    Options
    My deepest sympathy is with you through this loss. Time to heal loss varies with each person you just need to give them time.

We are here for you anytime you need to share with us. We may be a small group now, but we are now depending on each other more.
  • miriambeal
    miriambeal Posts: 13
    Options
    Hello all, :) Keep up the good work!
  • Keltinator
    Options
    hello, miriambeal :smile:

thalia, i'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. You don't need to stress about what you're eating right now. Instead of trying to make your calories, perhaps you should just try to make healthy choices. Chip's right, at least know that we are with you supporting you all the way!
  • Myth
    Options
    EEEK holy crap with thebear lady! STAY out of the woods.. unless Jacob or Edward are with you ROFL!
  • Myth
    Options
    Amanda,

Ha I have situatin similar to you lol. My father and sister are here in my house. My father will be moving out next month in to his own place my sister a little longer no real sure time there. But the kids getting to spend time with them is an awsome thing. Yes while I do miss the privacy I was thankful for them this week since my huby is out of town. Not to mention use her woman, you and hubby go out for a night and enjoy your selves! :) That is what David and I have been doing latley. This is the firs titme in 12 years we have really had family here where we could do it. It is awsome :)

Myth
  • Myth
    Options
    Thalia,

I AM SO SORRYY HUN!!! I am sending you huggs and kisses right now! I will be thinking of you sweety! I agree with chip we are here for you hun! Dont worry about food and calories and stress your self out. Let it all come back in time. Please greave for him and love him and when the time is right you will be back to what you need for you. Luv ya hun!

Myth
    ps here is my emial if you need anything (countrygirl@nettally.com)
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    I just found this group and wanting to know what is it that we need to do? besides weighing in?
  • Myth
    Options
    Kizzy,

We started out strong back in January and we keep trying to get it all going again, but right now we are just supporting each other. We all seem to be going through some things at different times and just helping each other out. U are more then welcome to join us fresh blood is a good starter for us.

Myth
  • Keltinator
    Options
    hey guys, and hi kizzy :)

sorry i've been mia for a bit... (kicks myself).

i think we should get back into challenges!! i need some motivation big time. just did some interval cardio, and i'm forcing myself to kick my own butt, cause i ate pizza and a hot chocolate from seven eleven today. i know, hot chocolate in june? but it's been horribly rainy so far here in vancouver... sigh.

off to exercise some more... hope everyone's friday is going well!