Felt Sick After Trying Raspberry Ketones

Options
2»

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,367 Member
    Options
    Dr. Mercola is a better resource for health. Although I have questioned a couple of articles on his website too. Best thing is to do research for and against something and formulate your own opinion.

Not really...
    https://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/mercola.html
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Here's a helpful link:

https://nutritionasiknowit.com/blog/2016/1/13/nutrition-sources-you-should-avoid

Diet aids have only one use - making the manufacturer/endorsers money from preying on people who are vulnerable and desperate to lose weight.

Awesome list.

One thing some of us (Canadians) need to watch out for. I once sent a nasty email about the inclusion of Deepak Chopra as a speaker at a business course. Yeah, not the same Deepak Chopra. They were bringing in the guy who ran the Canadian arm of (I think) UPS who later (and possibly still) runs Canada Post. My bad.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Dr. Mercola is a better resource for health. Although I have questioned a couple of articles on his website too. Best thing is to do research for and against something and formulate your own opinion.

Mercola is a quack.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Closing the circle on the OP, There is also caffeine in the chews, which could cause some of the described symptoms if you're not acclimated or if you're already heavily dosing.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Closing the circle on the OP, There is also caffeine in the chews, which could cause some of the described symptoms if you're not acclimated or if you're already heavily dosing.

OP is from 4+ years ago.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

OP is from 4+ years ago.

DOH!!! I saw Feb 11... lol
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

OP is from 4+ years ago.

But last visited June 2017 so you've got to give them credit for having SOME staying power, after all. Still not likely to see this, and hopefully not still drinking raspberry ketones.
  • Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What do the raspberry ketones do for you? Are you on a ketogenic diet?

embaudin wrote: »
    Did the person not say you're only supposed to take them WITH food? Especially if it's a high dosage! Have been on them for over a month now, only take 1 or 2 a day and its helped a lot! But if you're suffering some serious side effects - I'd speak to your doctor before taking any more. Doesn't matter what is on the internet. Its the internet... it cannot be trusted 100% of the time. Plus it is not information that is 100% relevant to your own medical history.

If you must try them again, do not have them on an empty stomach. Either have one JUST before you eat, or wash it down with water or juice at the end of a meal. Heck, maybe even try the liquid form and add it to the drink you have with your meal. But not without food.

I'd still consult your GP before going any further with it though, just to be safe about it.

Hope you're feeling better now! xxxx

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    MercoLOLa is every bit as big a quack as Dr. Oz. And maybe even some extra. He's another snake oil salesman who preys upon naïvete, desperation and ignorance to peddle his bogus junk.

What do the raspberry ketones do for you? Are you on a ketogenic diet?
    They make your wallet lighter. That's all they do.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I just kept tasting raspberry all day, which isn't a bad side affect.... at first. Eventually you can actually get really sick of raspberry candy taste.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Michelle2W wrote: »
    Last week there was this GNC guy standing outside his store, giving out free samples of raspberry ketones (Dr Oz recommended). I took one and popped it in my mouth right then and there. It was really yummy! I mean it looked like a piece of candy:-) Within a hour I started to feel dizzy, shaky and nauseous. I continued to feel like that for 24 hours. I guess, I'm very sensitive to dietary aids or medication, even ones that look like candy... LOL !!!! Has anyone else tried them and did you have the same experience?

Are you sure you didn't come down with something, and the ketones were just coincidence?