Anyone trying to lose 100+ lbs?

Options

Replies

• Jgnowornever
    Options
    Good!! I need to lose 100+ too...Hopefully we all can motivate each other.
  • bernard113
    Options
    5 pounds at a time is an excellent tool! After all, if we break it down into butter sticks, that's 20 sticks! Good luck!
  • bernard113
    Options
    JG, We have to remind ourselves that we are worth it. Don't wait until your health suffers like me! Call on us anytime for support!
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I got a ton to lose.. always need more friends in this journey.
  • mirojuarez
    mirojuarez Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm new, you can add me :) I also want to lose about 100 lbs. I'm 312 now. Keep on keepin on!
  • brandy1289
    brandy1289 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Started out wanting to lose 175lbs and since November 1st 2013 I am down 50 lbs! =) My ultimate goal is to be around 160 lbs. =)
  • PrairieSlims
    PrairieSlims Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!!!
  • buckeyes1985
    Options
    Congrats on the 10 pounds that you lost so far and good luck on your weight lose journey. I want to lose around 120 pounds. I am the heaviest that I have ever weighed in my life but am very determined to meet my weight loss goals and be fit and in shape. So far I have lost 10 pounds in week since joining. Its a start. If anyone is looking for a supportive friend feel free to message me or better yet add me as a friend. Good luck to everyone on there goals...
  • RockingGranny
    RockingGranny Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Great job! I need to lose at least 100 pounds, myself. I keep self sabotaging, though, and when I get close to being under 300 again, I freak out and panic and think "I can't do this" and wind up back up to my highest weight again. I'll add you!!

Freak out and panic
    yes, that was (is) me. When I started, I don't know how much I weighed; I think just under 250 pounds. When I dropped under 200, I hit the panic button and was quickly back at 230. The second time, I got under 200 without a freak out. Just today, I was contemplating being back in a healthy range by April and reminded myself to not sabotage myself again.

Congrats to all who have lost weight and to all who just started. Sometimes, it seems like the weight showed up overnight, so it should disappear overnight......but it didn't appear overnight and won't disappear overnight. Just remember, we are changing our lives
    one pound at a time.
  • Mommy2bug2
    Mommy2bug2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I have lost 124 pounds in 5 years and kept it off. I have about 50 more pounds to go. We're gonna be some sexy women :)
  • wenshel7
    wenshel7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 101 pounds, and looking for others as well in this journey. So CONGRATS to you on your great start! I love the inspiring way folks communicate here, so uplifting and encouraging. I am six weeks in and 14 pounds down and have just started logging in some exercise. :) Let's keep up the good work!
  • simonmcdonald564
    Options
    Not quite at the weight loss you guys are aiming for but I lost 67lb last year and am aiming for another 25 this year.
    If you all focus on your goals and talk through sticky problems then you will get where you need to be
    My only bit of advice would be to not treat this as a diet but to look at it as a life change, any exercise you can do whilst losing the weight is beneficial.
    Good luck to all of you
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Awesome start, I'm trying to lose 116, 18 down so 98 to go, then will re-evaluate whether I want to lose more! I'm aiming for 160 but will see if I'd like to go to 140-150. (I'm 5'7). Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me!
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Like many others posted, you need to look at it as a lifestyle change. Make small changes you can maintain for the rest of your life. Many of us view diets as a temporary thing, then when the wheels fall off, or we meet our goal, we go back to the previous eating methods and put all the weight back on.

Important things to remember:

1. You will lack motivation some days. You will lack willpower. That's a part of life. We are all human, and mistakes, or poor eating decisions will happen. Plan as much as you can for them, and don't let them distract you from the ultimate goal of weight loss. One meal, one snack, or even one day barely registers over the long term.

2. The sayings such as, "Rome wasn't built in a day", or "It's a marathon, not a sprint" while overused are true. You are in this for the long term. It didn't take a day, or even a month to put the weight on, it will certainly take more than a day or week to take it off.

3. Since you can never be 100% perfect, maybe plan in a "cheat" meal, although, it's not really a cheat if you plan it. I allow myself one meal to enjoy one of my guilty pleasures. I enjoy having more than one slice of pizza, or a nice greasy burger now and then. I allow myself one meal a week. But keep in mind, I don't go to a buffet and eat 3 plates of stuff. I keep it reasonable.

Number 3 will be controversial to some, but it's what's worked for me. You can't really argue with the results that I've put up over the last 18 months. The point is, you don't have to be perfect all the time.

And lastly, keep it up! You're doing a great job!
  • beckyboo1984
    Options
    Well done on your 10lb weight loss, you are doing really well. Keep up the hard work. :smile: Feel free to add me we could all do with a little motivating every now and then. xx
  • sheens0011
    sheens0011 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am going to lose 80 lbs! You can add me if you like :)
  • RedheadKnitts
    RedheadKnitts Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I shooting for losing 100...17 so far. Yay me! You can add me, that would be great!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Right here. -6 down, 94 to go? Lolz.
  • StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have about 200 pounds to lose. Just started at the beginning of February. Feel free to add me.
  • ILxScalco
    ILxScalco Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Have around 60 to lose. Feel free to add me. I accept all f/r.

23/M/IL