So how's the ADOPT A NOOB program going? Updates?

Options
1235»

Replies

• mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Mine are doing very well. I have three. Each of them lost around five pounds in January, some a hair more and some a hair less. None of them is starving, each of them is exercising regularly. One just started lifting, basic things like squats and benching, which is very encouraging to me.

In contrast to some others, I do get in their business. I read their diaries every few days, and send notes when I think they've been slacking. If I don't see their name on my feed, I ask them why.

Overall, I'd say we had a successful January.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't have said anything. One of my noobs just fired me. :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: :angry: :explode: :grumble:
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't have said anything. One of my noobs just fired me. :sad: :brokenheart: :sad: :angry: :explode: :grumble:

Just refuse to quit. Stalk him / her.
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My noobs barely talk to me and haven't asked me as many questions as I had hoped. And I don't want to be a pompous *kitten* by offering unsolicited information or critiquing them.

I have questions to ask and don't mind (nice) unsolicited advice… I am not exactly a noob, but only now started lifting and need some help. I try to eat well but chocolate and gin and tonic attack me somewhat regularly… Do I qualify?
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I was never adopted, well on MFP that is. I'm still at the orphanage for the taking:frown:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know this existed and missed it when it started.

I took on a bunch of folks. They were all in differeent places when they started.

A couple of them already knew what they were doing. They didn't need a lot more than, affirmations and validation.

Two have required a bit more advice and help, but are working on it, and tweaking things. We have avoided meltdowns with that, and there is progress being made..

A few never really communicated after the initial request. They didn't respond when I asked what their goals were, or anything. Those are the ones that were cut this morning when I did a purge.