What's your favorite ab workout?

Options
I've been combing the internet looking for new ab exorcises. I HATE ab day and I feel like a part of me dreading it so much is because I'm getting bored. I figured I'd take a poll here. So what is your favorite/go-to ab workout?

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, and pushups.

What is your current routine?
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Ab wheel is awesome for a Maximal Strength ab exercise.

layout.jpg

So are 'Dragon Flags'

dragon-flag_main.jpg

L-sits are always a staple of mine.

c3.jpg

For higher reps, like

Chinnies (elbows touch knees every time, legs never touch ground)
    2705.jpg

Medicine ball slams
    medicine_ball_squat_and_slam.jpg

For a more holistic core workout, Turkish Get-Ups are fantastical.
    TurkishGetUp-Chanhassen-Boot-Camp.jpg
  • Phiallis
    Phiallis Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think one of the best ab exercises you can do -until you're quite advanced- are leg raises.
    However, don't try to jump into hanging leg raises straight away; it's likely you'll get discouraged (!).
    Try following this progression though ; I've had massive strength gains from it: http://www.startbodyweight.com/p/leg-raises-progression.html
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Most of my routine includes v up crunches with at least a 5 pound weight in each hand, Russian twists with weight, planks, and scissor kicks. I just started trying pike ups using a stability ball but I'm just trying to find some fresh material to keep me interested :smile:
  • jnb143
    jnb143 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    As much as it hurts doing them, i love PLANKING! My advice on that, is to turn over your timer and try to focus on something so you don't think about the working out part lol
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    l sits
    toe to bar
    plank up down
    plank up down drag
    pallof press