Confessions of a chubby girl :)

Options

Replies

• 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I wear spanks under my workout clothes when I run so that I don't jiggle! lol

When I say run, I mean walk/run since I'm just starting C25K. But it sure sounds nice to say run...even though it's only sixty second intervals! lol

What are some of your confessions?!?

I hear ya, I hated the jiggle too. Isn't that really hot though? YOu could try compression clothing....many stores like even Old Navy have them now.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    My confession is I purposely pick the elliptical or bike next to the oldest person in the gym because it motivates me more! If they're kicking butt at the gym, I have NO excuse not to be sweating it out!

The old guy on the elliptical next to me puts me to shame! He's there every day and puts in about an hour on that thing and never slows down.
  • mummee1
    mummee1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have to wear tena lady pads when I skip with a jump rope :blushing:

I don't think that's a chubby girl confession--that's a woman of childbearing years confession. I have the same problem when I jump on our trampoline.

I suppose I should find time to do Kegels...

this...and when I cough...or sneeze...or laugh really hard :grumble:

Yes...I always wear them when I have a cold. If a sneeze comes on all the sudden, most of the time I'm in trouble without them. Thanks, kids!! :noway:
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My confession is I purposely pick the elliptical or bike next to the oldest person in the gym because it motivates me more! If they're kicking butt at the gym, I have NO excuse not to be sweating it out!

The old guy on the elliptical next to me puts me to shame! He's there every day and puts in about an hour on that thing and never slows down.

I know! There's a mid 60s woman at the gym who always wears her bike shorts and sports bra that shows her abs. And I plunk myself down next to her in my gym shorts and oversized tshirt to hide my gut :laugh:
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I Love this thread!

I pull my bra down in the back so it hides my back fat just right. If you get it at the right angle, you can appear smooth.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    OMG I can relate to so many of these. The one that really jumps out at me is when I was doing 30DS all that jumping caused my body to "clap" for me in so many bad ways, boobs (with two bras), thighs, belly they were all cheering me on as I was soaked with sweat and praying for it to be over.
  • kayte660
    kayte660 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I once had to explain my Spanks to a guy I was hooking up with. I went out with him looking great, forgot I was wearing them to hold everything in, and then when we went to hook up for the first time HE COULDN'T GET THEM OFF! And by then I didn't want him to because I knew I'd have crazy indent lines all over my body from them anyway.

Talk about a mood killer. (Bridget Jones, anyone?)

I have ended two really successful dates early because I was wearing spanx and was terrified of this happening. I also excused myself and took them off in the bathroom and hid them in my purse once. I am so glad I'm not alone.
  • mummee1
    mummee1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had a teacher in the 5th grade who had a very large behind. Her shirts always rode up over her butt. I always thought her butt would serve well as a shelf.

Fast forward a bunch of years: My little girl and husband are always pulling my shirts down over my big butt when it rides up and sits on top of my butt. Drives me crazy, but I politely thank them and act like it doesn't bother me. I think back to my poor teacher now. Karma!!
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    This made me smile :) And I too wear yoga pants even when i don't do yoga

Me too! I am wearing black and aqua yoga pants right now as I read this! No yoga happening today... just working from home!
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I once had to explain my Spanks to a guy I was hooking up with. I went out with him looking great, forgot I was wearing them to hold everything in, and then when we went to hook up for the first time HE COULDN'T GET THEM OFF! And by then I didn't want him to because I knew I'd have crazy indent lines all over my body from them anyway.

Talk about a mood killer. (Bridget Jones, anyone?)

I have ended two really successful dates early because I was wearing spanx and was terrified of this happening. I also excused myself and took them off in the bathroom and hid them in my purse once. I am so glad I'm not alone.

I got smart after that and was sure to remove them earlier if there was any chance of canoodling. Live and learn (and then take off your Spanks!)
  • Cinnamonsheep
    Options
    I Love this thread!

I pull my bra down in the back so it hides my back fat just right. If you get it at the right angle, you can appear smooth.

omg this is me everyday! When I learned about the magic of re adjusting my bra I wondered what I had done without it. Now I lift my boobs into the cups once I've got it on so they look perkier lol

When it comes to the gym I like to wear form fitting clothes because if they're too baggy they rub and bunch. And I can see everything my body is doing so I can keep tabs on my form. I always get embarassing sweat marks though but Im not there to impress anyone, just myself :D
  • KimberDG9966
    KimberDG9966 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for reminding me that I'm not alone...and for some good ideas! :laugh:
  • Cinnamonsheep
    Options
    One more confession: My thighs rub together when I walk so bad that I end up wearing holes in all my favourite pants! Haha
  • ambascom
    Options
    I work out at home so I don't have to feel like an idiot at the gym. I've never lifted weights (except for one time during gym class in high school 5 years ago) and I'm terrified to go to the gym and be judged for doing it all wrong. I know eventually I have to start strength training, which I am dreading that day, but the thought of going to a gym where I am clueless about the equiptment terrifies me.

And I also live in my yoga pants, though I used to do yoga a few years ago.

Oh, and I refuse to wear a tanktop to workout unless I'm home alone because I have scars on my arms from childhood that grosses me out and makes me extremely self conscious.
  • ambascom
    Options
    One more confession: My thighs rub together when I walk so bad that I end up wearing holes in all my favourite pants! Haha

You know how many pairs of pants I used to go through because of this?! I have a lot of pants that are in good condition with the exception of the thighs.
  • meganwinx
    meganwinx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I feel awkward at the gym
    lol So I dance around my living room to Obnoxious pop songs and do Line Dancing to country songs to get my cardio. Yesterday I burned 1,027 calories doing that for an hour and 45 minutes. So much fun, and I can be as goofy as I want :) lol
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I Love this thread!

That's how bras are supposed to be worn. A lot of women wear them too high on the back which makes back fat look bad and can cause underwire to dig in.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Even at my smallest and fittest this happens to me :( I guess it's just the shape of my thighs.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options

Even at my smallest and fittest this happens to me :( I guess it's just the shape of my thighs.

Same here. It used to be fat that made them rub, now it's loose skin :cry:
  • ambascom
    Options
    I'm afraid to wear Spanx, for fear of looking like a busted can of biscuits.

YES! The one time I tried on Spanx for my best friend's wedding, I couldn't get them on. I gave up ever wearing Spanx.