valentines day

Options

Replies

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Homemade Burgers, Chips and Cheesecake.
    Watching a Blu-ray snuggled on the sofa.
  • mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Skype date. We are in a long distance relationship for the moment. Moving with him in April in our first house yay!
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I think valentines day is stupid.

There. There.

What?? I love my husband but I'm baffled by the whole concept of valentines day.

We have plenty of fun. It's just not relegated to 2/14.
    I don't want flowers, they die.
    I want a pound of chocolate, but I don't need it.
    I have enough jewelry.
    I don't want cutesy crap.
    I don't want to go out to dinner on a night when there is a limited menu and higher prices just because Hallmark said I should.
    The concept is fun and whimsical. That seems like a lost concept and it's sad.

what

I doubt any women will agree with u ... Unless they hate life

I actually enjoy my life, and I agree with the quote above - we have other things I would rather we put our $$ into than jewelry or overpriced flowers. Just because Hallmark and Jared's say it should be an expensive holiday that doesn't mean it should be. We do always get each other a card and maybe a small box of chocolates. I buy little $2 heart shaped candy boxes for the kids. So we spend $20, maybe $25 on the whole family for Valentine's day.

This year, because it happens to fall on Friday (Pizza night at the looneytunes household), the hubs is going to pack the kids up after school and meet me at the local pizza place at 5:05 (I get out of work at 5:00) and we'll have a kind of early dinner, but we should beat the crowd, if there is one.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I ordered a "love art" kit.... ;)

What is that?

http://us.loveisartkit.com/

Basically, you create an abstract painting while making love. We're both extremely excited. :blushing:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    It's business as usual..just another day.
  • Singlemama09
    Singlemama09 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Being pampered at the spa. 2 hour appointment for full body massage and facial. Cant wait, love my baby. Then off to our fave restaurant and home for some us time. unfortunately i don't want to track that day YIKES
  • CatFrogPanda
    CatFrogPanda Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Don't do anything for valentines day. We just celebrate extra hard for our anniversary. :)
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I work 8am-3pm and he works 4pm-midnight. So we for sure won't be celebrating crap. I'd be surprised if he even got me a gift (doubt he did..)..Oh well. I spent all my teen years hating this holiday and being married didn't change anything. I was always single hoping to have romance and now I'm almost 24 and still am hoping to have romance. Men suck LOL
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    we're goin to razoos and having some shrimp :)
    But we're doing it tonight b/c he hates feeling obligated to do something for Vday and I hate crowds. That way we can call it date night and compromise ;)
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    i bought my mom flowers. my dog gets a bone.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I plan to sit at home...Then, Log into World of Warcraft... ... ... Once there, My husband and I, will take our Characters, To ride the Valentines day row boats though the city we met, Take a screenshot... and add it to the others. <3

Yes, I met my husband on a Online game.

This is freaking awesome, just saying.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Goign to watch him kick some *kitten* at hockey, otherwise not a clue. It's our first togetehr and I'm not huge into Valentines day we shall see what happens :)
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I love this =p
    funny-pics-what-are-you-doing-on-the-14th-of-february-legs.jpg

On a side note I've been begging someone to tell me this for ages, how do I link images on this site? Like so that there is no link but just the image.

add img tags at the front and back of the link - [img} [/img}
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Oh and we'll be out for a 4 course Danish meal at a small local Danish kitchen for a very resaonable $60 per couple - including a glass of very good sparkling cider - blows the count for both of us for 1 day but likely not by much, and i'll be skipping the cider as I quit drinking December 21st
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Basically, you create an abstract painting while making love. We're both extremely excited. :blushing:

Somewhere in that experience my wife would throw down the paintbrush and yell, "if you aren't going to take this seriously, we are just going to stop. You put boobs on that tree!" At which point the night is then shot. I'm smiling while I write this though, since the imagery is hilarious.
  • Vmax1992
    Vmax1992 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My plans would have been a New England B&B for the weekend, dinner at a nice romantic place in the mountains or the coast. Snow doesn't stop New Englanders...LOL But, since I am married to a woman without a single romantic bone in her body...I will be doing what I normally do on Fridays. Come home from work, heat up my dinner, read, have a bourbon on the rocks and go to bed alone.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm here for all the desperate women, inbox me!

If you're single and don't send me a PM with your details.....

tumblr_inline_mg6g2rqABZ1raqsyv.gif
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    An Anti-VD date with an old friend. Who needs expensive roses and fat-laden chocolate? We're binging on booze :)
  • iamMLH
    iamMLH Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    An Anti-VD date with an old friend. Who needs expensive roses and fat-laden chocolate? We're binging on booze :)

I have very similar plans! I am worried to imagine what I might post after a few drinks.