Eating 4100 calories a day

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You guys are kidding right? Its so easy, typical food off the top of my head:

Breakfast: 3-4 eggs fried in butter or omlette with cheese for more calories and sauteed veggies, 10 slices of bacon or 3 sausages: 1000+++ cals

Lunch: double or triple burger at any joint with cheese, fries, and a juice instead of a soda (you can drink a soda alone for 1,500 cals if you really think you need more cals) and you are at 1,500++ cals for this meal

Dinner: Half a bag of raviolis plus sauce and heavy cheese and thats 1,200-2,400 cals
    One single protien shake with greek yogurt for 400 cals and you got all 4,100 cals (or more) plus pretty much all the protein you need, and you only had 3 meals! Start eating like that and just staying at 4100 is a problem if you add any snacks.

I don't get how 4,100 can be hard unless you are eating "clean", I'd love to eat like this continually (I did for a while, thats how I got fat). So many options for variety, replace any meal with half a pizza, or 24oz steak with baked potatos and butter or a whole chicken with salad and blue cheese dressing and avacado, or barbecued pork with lots of sauce or breaded pork loins with cheese topping, heck go to Applebees or similar restaurant and get over 2-3,000 cals in one meal!, Olive garden's never ending pasta bowl goes over 3k cal easy, any buffet...etc etc etc...now I'm hungry :|

I eat upwards 6 egg omelettes + bacon + veggies- they are no where NEAR 1000 calories.

and again- doing it once or twice a week is one thing.

doing it EVERY DAY for months on end is a completely different story. I can easily eat 3000 calories in one sitting- it's not that hard. It's much much harder to do it for months on end.

seriously.
    If you haven't actually tried to function at a surplus for an extended period of time- you do not understand how truly difficult it can be.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Breakfast: 3-4 eggs fried in butter or omlette with cheese for more calories and sauteed veggies, 10 slices of bacon or 3 sausages: 1000+++ cals

Lunch: double or triple burger at any joint with cheese, fries, and a juice instead of a soda (you can drink a soda alone for 1,500 cals if you really think you need more cals) and you are at 1,500++ cals for this meal

Dinner: Half a bag of raviolis plus sauce and heavy cheese and thats 1,200-2,400 cals
    One single protien shake with greek yogurt for 400 cals and you got all 4,100 cals (or more) plus pretty much all the protein you need, and you only had 3 meals! Start eating like that and just staying at 4100 is a problem if you add any snacks.

I don't get how 4,100 can be hard unless you are eating "clean", I'd love to eat like this continually (I did for a while, thats how I got fat). So many options for variety, replace any meal with half a pizza, or 24oz steak with baked potatos and butter or a whole chicken with salad and blue cheese dressing and avacado, or barbecued pork with lots of sauce or breaded pork loins with cheese topping, heck go to Applebees or similar restaurant and get over 2-3,000 cals in one meal!, Olive garden's never ending pasta bowl goes over 3k cal easy, any buffet...etc etc etc...now I'm hungry :|

Uhh. Sure. Not everyone has the appetite of an ex obese man.

24oz steak. Lol yeah sure no problem

It's doable of course. Its not enjoyable for those us not used to being fat

Eating at a large surplus destroys appetite in the long term. Completely different from being an obese man who literally eats that way to maintain weight (albeit fat)

Most of you are also severely overestimating calories in this thread.

Ive eaten at 5000 calories every day for 3 years now. It's certainly possible. It will never feel good, it gunks up and slows down your digestive system over time. And its a perpetual state of being bloated.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Uhh. Sure. Not everyone has the appetite of an ex obese man.

24oz steak. Lol yeah sure no problem

It's doable of course. Its not enjoyable for those us not used to being fat

Eating at a large surplus destroys appetite in the long term. Completely different from being an obese man who literally eats that way to maintain weight (albeit fat)

Most of you are also severely overestimating calories in this thread.

Ive eaten at 5000 calories every day for 3 years now. It's certainly possible. It will never feel good, it gunks up and slows down your digestive system over time. And its a perpetual state of being bloated.

I agree, I think this diet for a sustained period of time would be awful. If I have a really bad cheat day, the last thing I feel like doing the next day is eating a lot of food. Ugh.

Just out of curiosity though - why 5,000 a day for three years? Are you not bulking and cutting? If you burn so much with activity, why would you still feel bloated?

Not judging, just genuinely curious.
  • supra_driven
    supra_driven Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just ate 5505 calories yesterday in a 4 hr window. I had to bring in the chips and ice cream to get me there. Bulking is expensive. Can't wait to start cutting!

5505Calories.jpg
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut in a few years. My body fat has never been over 11-12% in that time. There will be be days when I'm traveling that i eat at maintenance every week or two and that seems to be enough to cut fat. Its just gotten to the point where just keeping my current mass requires 4500 calories and much more to actually gain muscle

Supra - that is how its done! IF diet? I did that for a while and it does help boost appetite for those 4-6 hour eating windows
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I can imagine this is very difficult. I sometimes struggle to eat 2,500 calories of my high burn days. I don't know how I would eat 4,000 for months. Perhaps incorporate more liquid calories,butter, cream, and oils when cooking. Good luck
  • PRMinx
    Options
    Just ate 5505 calories yesterday in a 4 hr window. I had to bring in the chips and ice cream to get me there. Bulking is expensive. Can't wait to start cutting!

5505Calories.jpg

Holy cow! There's no way I'd be able to keep that down.

How long does bulking last!? Is the purpose just to build muscle?
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm getting nauseous just reading this. I just finished off a 600 calorie bowl of beef stew and I'm stuffed. I don't know how you manage this volume of food.

5505Calories.jpg
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    4100?
    Time for dessert!
    ;)

I reckon I could easily do 4100 in not too short a time - and probably have a few too many times. Thus I'm here.
    Ie - 3 pack of pastries, 400 calories each, eaten before I get home from the shops. 1200
    Large Pizza with extra toppings (including loads of cheese) - +1600=2800
    Wedges / Chicken strips + 500=3200
    A whole cake or similar I always MEAN to have one slice of, but it's too tasty - +900 = 4100.
  • supra_driven
    Options
    I haven't cut in a few years. My body fat has never been over 11-12% in that time. There will be be days when I'm traveling that i eat at maintenance every week or two and that seems to be enough to cut fat. Its just gotten to the point where just keeping my current mass requires 4500 calories and much more to actually gain muscle

Supra - that is how its done! IF diet? I did that for a while and it does help boost appetite for those 4-6 hour eating windows

IF all the way!
  • JoRocka
    Options

5505Calories.jpg

different people have different goals.
    anywhere from 6-12 weeks to 6 months.

Yes. Physically gaining size (not definition) but actual quantifiable size only happens at a surplus. So if you want to get bigger- you must bulk.

Huge generalization here but yes most people who lift have roughly 2.5 seasons.
    bulk
    cut
    show prep or maintenance (you could call this a 3rd season all together and say it's either half contest prep or half maintenance- but you get the picture)

Even if "maintenance" or the "I don't care I'm eating everything I want" diet happens for a week- or two weeks- or even a few days- or a month or two it usually almost always happens. It's hard to constantly be ALWAYS at a deficit- or ALWAYS on bulk.
  • supra_driven
    Options

I'm going to bulk for about 3-4 months, depending on my progress. And then cut for about a month. I'm not interested in a really long bulk because I was obese less than 5 months ago and I don't want to get too much fat on me. The ultimate purpose is to gain mass in muscle.

update12514Resized.jpg
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options

Varies. 2 months on the low end, 9+ months on the upper end.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I cannot speak from experience, but I think the first thing would be to go with full fat dairy and higher fat meats. Whole milk as a beverage. It would be hard without adding a lot of processed foods, which probably adds to the bloat. If you drink alcohol, you could add 2-3 beers of a heavy variety, which would get you an extra ~600 cals.

Good luck!
  • PRMinx
    Options

5505Calories.jpg

different people have different goals.
    anywhere from 6-12 weeks to 6 months.

Yes. Physically gaining size (not definition) but actual quantifiable size only happens at a surplus. So if you want to get bigger- you must bulk.

Huge generalization here but yes most people who lift have roughly 2.5 seasons.
    bulk
    cut
    show prep or maintenance (you could call this a 3rd season all together and say it's either half contest prep or half maintenance- but you get the picture)

Interesting...I hadn't realized there was so much to it until they split out the board categories.

Even if "maintenance" or the "I don't care I'm eating everything I want" diet happens for a week- or two weeks- or even a few days- or a month or two it usually almost always happens. It's hard to constantly be ALWAYS at a deficit- or ALWAYS on bulk.

Very true! I couldn't be at a deficit all the time...sometimes, a girl needs to indulge. I just came back from France and I put a hurt on some cheese and wine. And everything else.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    And thank you everyone for answering my curious questions!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    oh sorry- edit 6 or more months- but 6 is pretty common for the high end.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

[snipped epic diary pic]

TWO POUNDS of ground beef in a meal???

That's hardcore.
  • Weighting4results
    Options
    Tell me about it. I lose weight at 4000 Calories a day.

Eating clean....yeah right, not gonna happen. I just eat fried everything. But, the upside is you can look like you diet (abs, shredded cuts, etc) even while eating a completely terrible diet :)
    ^^^
    Counting on this haha.
    I like to throw down beer to max my calories.:drinker:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I don't really know the bulk/cut thing..

But I read somewhere that constantly being at a deficit isn't really healthy for you. Those occasional cheat days or binges whether intentional or not keeps you healthy. When I'm really watching my intake those "cheat" days or days I eat too much unintentionally don't make a difference, but I do feel better.

Interestingly.. since I've been forcing myself to eat 1600 calories i'm starting to be hungrier then I was before adn end up closer to 1800-2000 more often. So far today I've eaten just over 1000 calories.. i was hungry for lunch so I ate my mid afternoon snack for lunch. I'm trying to listen to my body, so I might change up my dinner to a chicken, avocado and egg pita with a salad instead of stir fry. Of course i will attack my kitchen as soon as i get home, so I have to watch what I snack on too.

I don't know if that has something to do with me finally getting healthy again or what.. but I like it.. Food is good.. Although that guy who posted his diary at 5500 calories in 4 hours.. I can't even imagine.. I'm always so full when i get to the end of the day. Kudos to you. I mean.. maybe doing that once or twice.(and I usually don't get over 4000 even on a bad bad day). but everyday? no freaking way. lol