I gained back 30 pounds. :(

2»

Replies

• vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    So I lost 56 pounds.. . It took me 10 months... I kept it off for a year... Now I have gained back 30 pounds, quickly... like in the last 3 months, while still going to curves... I don't think its fair that I have to eat next to nothing, workout 5 days a week, and walk 5 miles a day and golf 3 days a week, and work 50+ hours a week in order to stay skinny. I am so frustrated. I don't know what else to do... so here I go with round two...I dunno If I have the steam to do it again. Or the willpower...

You don't think it's fair? I understand your frustration and most like you (including me) would, too. I lost 65 pounds and then regained 30. It's very common even while continuing to exercise and watch what we eat. But I saw eventually that I just wasn't being as careful about as I should have. A few extra calories here, a few missed workouts there and I was going backwards. It wasn't that big of a deal for me to be more careful and I've lost the 30 again plus some. Yes, it's unfortunate we have to keep working at it. But if your attitude is that it isn't fair, then I would worry that you're going to be rebounding like a yo-yo for the rest of your life. Do you see what I mean?

Good luck to you!
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    I lost 2 and a half stone in a couple of months and gained half of it back over the past 3months ..got an injury, back to square 1, but im back on my diet in a couple of days and getting back on track .... i have a long way to go :P
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    I lost 140, gained back somewhere between 15-25 depending on the week (my body is a freak of nature).

It's MUCH harder to lose it this time (I only want to lose about 15). I can't be as active due to health issues, groceries (especially produce and meat) are more expensive here than where I used to live, and I can come up with about a thousand other excuses, all of which are valid.

Bottom line, though?

If we want results, we have to put in the work.

We lost it once. We can do it again.

Figure out what your goals are - a number on the scale is one aspect, but what else? Do you have health issues, like diabetes, that you want to improve with weight loss? Do you want to be a runner? Do you want to be stronger? Do you want to get rid of your muffin top or feel comfortable (note: I didn't say look skinny) in a bathing suit?
    Once you've figured out those goals, then think of how you should adjust your lifestyle (nutrition and fitness) to get closer to those goals.
  • cutmesumslack
    cutmesumslack Posts: 12 Member
    I too gained 30lbs in 3 months. Very frustrating. It can come on so fast. Please STOP now before you gain it all and more. You probably celebrated once you lost such a great amount. Time to get back on the wagon then once you get to a healthy you work at finding a lifestyle you can maintain. A drink twice a week. A dessert once. It may be less often and its not fair compared to others that can indulge in a variety of foods. My favorite thing my hubby says is "stay in your own lane" just take care of you can don't compare yourself to others. I put my treadmill in my living-room and walk slow often during my favorite shows in the evening. It feels less like a chore and my family leaves me alone and I get to watch my garbage TV.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Not sure if anyone is still reading this, but, the key to staying on this time is my determination in my mind. I still had the floundering feeling like where do i begin, i dont think i have the stamina, i dont really want to give up the things i was enjoying eating. eating was so enjoyable. but i decided i was going to try again, so i just started one day. thats was Feb 11, 2014. now 6 weeks later i lost 15 pounds. and it took only 3 days to get my mind set back.

if you get that focus/determination/mindset back, thats the huge key that will keep you, I beleive. its the mind over matter. yeah the food is really good that made me fat, but i have my focus back and that is what is keeping me on track.

if we go back to our old ways and start allowing ourselves the things that got us here, then we will gain back the weight. well i was gaining back about 20 pounds i lost last year. i was starting to creep back to that original weight.. didn't want that to happen..

my freind started very low carbo and he was losing a ton of weight, he was on a doctors program, but what he said was low carbo seemed to be a huge help. well im not going that drastic so i keep my carbs about 80-100. not sure if thats low carb or what, but im going to eat a few things that will keep me going enjoyable now. anyhoo, the hard part is i wish i was below a particular amount of weight, but it will take time.

i think just begin again, dont look at the past, but start again, because the past is gone. we have tomorrow to make a change. it took a couple weeks for me to get over some addictions to food, and sometimes i had to just say no and choose not to eat all the food around me.. like the valentines day treats, and other free food around the office. i try to eat when im hungry and not to give in to my old triggers.