Pear shaped ladies

Options

Replies

• naomijuliette96
    naomijuliette96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    32, 26.5, 37... yeah i guess I'm a pear.. Cycling is awesome, but for tone, you should DEFINITELY look at doing some lifting! It will not make you bulky! I promise! :)
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    Options
    Amazing !
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome my body type is similar to your before. I was just wondering today if losing 20-30 pounds would be enough to slim down my problem areas. Your legs definitely looks slimmer. How long did it take you to lose 20 pounds? Thanks for the inspiration.

Hello from another pear!

I've lost about 20 lbs from lots of cardio (running, HIIT) with the occasional weights. But I've learnt to love and accept the fact that we can't spot reduce fat - so we just have to burn, baby, burn.

Posting my before and after pictures here and you can see despite the 20 lbs loss, my thighs and hips are still fairly chunky. I'm doing more leg curls, extensions and squats as compared to before just to define those areas a bit more.

In terms of sizing, I used to wear UK 14 tops and bottoms; whereas now I can fit into a UK 10/12 top and UK 12 bottom.

What I can suggest is that if you don't like raining, you can check out fitness blender on youtube for their high-intensity interval training videos. All you need is space, a good pair of sports shoes (to absorb impact from jumps, etc) and maybe a yoga mat. They're quite challenging, but very rewarding! Take longer breaks in between if you need to, but always remember to keep your heart rate up.

All the very best! :)

29didfa.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Dancing is the best for Pears!! You keep *kitten* and shape thighs n waist! :)

oh
  • 4MissRose
    Options
    :drinker: cheers Pear-shaped ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • Val_67
    Val_67 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello from another pear!

I've lost about 20 lbs from lots of cardio (running, HIIT) with the occasional weights. But I've learnt to love and accept the fact that we can't spot reduce fat - so we just have to burn, baby, burn.

Posting my before and after pictures here and you can see despite the 20 lbs loss, my thighs and hips are still fairly chunky. I'm doing more leg curls, extensions and squats as compared to before just to define those areas a bit more.

In terms of sizing, I used to wear UK 14 tops and bottoms; whereas now I can fit into a UK 10/12 top and UK 12 bottom.

What I can suggest is that if you don't like raining, you can check out fitness blender on youtube for their high-intensity interval training videos. All you need is space, a good pair of sports shoes (to absorb impact from jumps, etc) and maybe a yoga mat. They're quite challenging, but very rewarding! Take longer breaks in between if you need to, but always remember to keep your heart rate up.

All the very best! :)

29didfa.jpg

You look great! A true encouragement for myself. How tall are you?

I am a pear shape too, but I learned loooong ago that I will NEVER be able to squeeze into any size smaller than a size 6. Even when I was 19 & 115 pounds I could not pull a pair of size 5 pants over my thighs & hips. I actually have no problem with that though. My thighs & butt are the least of my worries; as long as I get them a little more toned, I'm good. I just have a gut from 2 children that I need to go away, & I really want my boobs to downsize at least a little.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear too. For me it isn't just about where I store fat: I have a relatively wide pelvis... One day in a delivery room I'd be thankful. Anyway, in addition to losing fat that you have, I'd say work on toning your legs, thighs and butt. And squat! My legs aren't tiny, especially comparing to my waist that's really small. But they are super strong and have nice muscles. So for the first time in my life, I think, I don't hate my whole lower body. Use it as an advantage!
  • samjones6734
    samjones6734 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Ur stretch marks have gone!! Gives me hope! You look fantastic!! :drinker:
  • lindssaurus
    lindssaurus Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'3 and my starting weight was around 190 but I didn't start tracking til I was 184. I was using Fat Secret app, right before I got to my goal weight of 125 I started using this app...and now I lost 11 lbs since being here. You can add me as friend, not sure if I'm pear shape but I know the feeling of losing weight.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Cycling, leglifts, and kettle bell squats. Will tone inner thigh and butt :) Also works that core :) Good luck!

I've been doing the cycling like crazy and leg lifts but I think it's time to get a kettle bell :)
  • Valereee
    Valereee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pear here, too. I was just lamenting about that this very morning when I took my measurements. Since November I've lost four inches from my chest, six inches off my waist and ZERO inches off my hips. It's very disheartening. I look even more out of proportion than ever!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear, I started with 33" waist and 44" hips, I've lost 7lb and i'm down to 31" waist and 42" hips! I'm a size 12 in jeans and I currently weigh 164 (started at 171) I'm 5'3.5"

The best exercises that I've done to widdle down the hips are squats and lunges. HIIT is also fantastic for fat loss all around. When I was lifting weights regularly at age 19-20 I got below 130 and my hips were tiny even though I still had a big butt... I fit into a size 2!

What I was amazed by was that I don't actually have wide hip bones! Since I carry most of my fat there, I just though it was because I was wider there in my bone structure. It's actually mostly fat!
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear, I started with 33" waist and 44" hips, I've lost 7lb and i'm down to 31" waist and 42" hips! I'm a size 12 in jeans and I currently weigh 164 (started at 171) I'm 5'3.5"

The best exercises that I've done to widdle down the hips are squats and lunges. HIIT is also fantastic for fat loss all around. When I was lifting weights regularly at age 19-20 I got below 130 and my hips were tiny even though I still had a big butt... I fit into a size 2!

What I was amazed by was that I don't actually have wide hip bones! Since I carry most of my fat there, I just though it was because I was wider there in my bone structure. It's actually mostly fat!

Thanks for the details - I'm definitely adding squats and lunges to my routine. I'm at 166 now, and still a loose size 14. Maybe I could fit into a 12, but I'm too scared to try!!!
  • sammie121403
    sammie121403 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 7" and im a pear/ hourglass shape, always was even before my weightloss. I hated my legs, moreso because of my saddle-bags. They went away some with my 60 pound weight loss, but my waist shrank significantly. I am still curvy, and still have that pear/ hourglass shape, but i feel its more flattering now. I went from a size 13/14 to a size 0/2. Before, i would need to buy a size larger to fit over my hips and legs, now, the 2s fit over my hips and fine in my waist. I was close to a 40 inch waist and now measure in at 26. My lower is now 36" around.

I started off doing basic cardio, but as i began to lose, i took up spin class, it is high intensity cardio, so its beyond the fat burning HR interval, but i noticed my legs and hips took nice shape and form from the strength building with it. I also do a lot of circuit training, which includes lunges and squats to help tone up the leg area.

bc0bfb41-3873-4146-98ab-603418f8931c_zps6abb352c.jpg

33354125.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 7" and im a pear/ hourglass shape, always was even before my weightloss. I hated my legs, moreso because of my saddle-bags. They went away some with my 60 pound weight loss, but my waist shrank significantly. I am still curvy, and still have that pear/ hourglass shape, but i feel its more flattering now. I went from a size 13/14 to a size 0/2. Before, i would need to buy a size larger to fit over my hips and legs, now, the 2s fit over my hips and fine in my waist. I was close to a 40 inch waist and now measure in at 26. My lower is now 36" around.

I started off doing basic cardio, but as i began to lose, i took up spin class, it is high intensity cardio, so its beyond the fat burning HR interval, but i noticed my legs and hips took nice shape and form from the strength building with it. I also do a lot of circuit training, which includes lunges and squats to help tone up the leg area.

bc0bfb41-3873-4146-98ab-603418f8931c_zps6abb352c.jpg

33354125.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

You look amazing! Great job!!
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Dance to slim down but keep the yumminess!
  • Montre1984
    Options
    Congratulation on the weight loss, you look amazing. Keep up the great work. :smile:
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/phr34k0wt/Mobile Uploads/2014-01/1270ef71-2a6c-49c9-a498-d9cb33c013e8_zps979abf6c.jpg[/img]

Hello all! I consider myself a pear for sure.
    I'm 5'6", first two pictures I was around 180ish, second two around 135.
    I'm 127lbs now, aiming for 125lbs :)
  • 4MissRose
    Options
    I hated my legs, moreso because of my saddle-bags.

Aargh! Tell me about it! I've always had those. When I was a teenager (about 14), I weight 140ish pounds and my waist was small but the saddle-bags were horrible. All the fat was there and it looked so disproportionate it was ridiculous. Gaining 20lbs over the years actually helped with the overall proportions. Mind you, I didn't stop there. lol Now I wonder, how will I look as I lose weight? Will I go back to what I looked like before, or will it change? I'm guessing it will not be the same, but who knows...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!