Homemade Protein Bars

Options
Does anyone have any homemade protein bar recipes to share? I am so clueless in the kitchen so simple and easy to follow recipes would be a major plus!

Or if anyone can recommend any tasty store bought protein bars? That would be great too. So far every single protein bar I've tried is either barely tolerable or tastes how dog food smells so I'm just looking for better tasting high protein snacks to keep me satisfied throughout the day.

Any suggestions would be appreciated ????

Replies

• SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    You should check out Derek Howes the protein chef on you tube. He does lots of tasty recipes.
  • bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any homemade protein bar recipes to share? I am so clueless in the kitchen so simple and easy to follow recipes would be a major plus!

Or if anyone can recommend any tasty store bought protein bars? That would be great too. So far every single protein bar I've tried is either barely tolerable or tastes how dog food smells so I'm just looking for better tasting high protein snacks to keep me satisfied throughout the day.

Just try the home made quest bar recipes.They are tasty.

http://www.sweetcheetah.com/2013/07/diy-quest-bars.html
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I prefer baked protein bars because they're less perishable, but it's basically just banana and protein powder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SwEl8h9v9A
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jazzcatastrophe
    jazzcatastrophe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm currently really liking pure protein bars, especially the cookie dough flavor. The chocolate peanut butter and chocolate deluxe aren't bad, but the cookie dough is definitely my favorite.
    I tried quest bars but I couldn't get into them. The texture is just too funky for me
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    May try those quest bars :)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Pure protein chocolate chip, nature valley almond dark choc protein bar, quest raspberry white choc, quest cravings peanut butter cups. 1 cup of fiber one cranberry almond cereal with 1 cup carbmaster protein skim milk has 20 g of protein and tastes great for a meal or big snack.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i throw in oats, dates, nuts cocoa, any add ins you want... like chia seeds, craisens, coconut.. whatever. these are raw. i have never tried baking them but they have oats so you probably could. i just whirl it in my food processor and than roll in balls and roll in coconut .sweet chocolately nutiness.
  • PB91765
    PB91765 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy...gonna try making them! do you store them in the frig? how long will they keep?
  • jessicafk11
    jessicafk11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    http://www.nomeatathlete.com/homemade-energy-bar-recipe/ This is a formula that you can customize.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Take your favorite cookie or brownie recipe and change it. Take out some of the sugar and some of the flour and replace it with protein powder! Maybe throw an extra few egg whites in as well, or swap some butter with cream cheese. Bonus points for switching the rest of the flour to almond meal, flax meal, ground oats, whole wheat flour, or some combination :)

You'd be surprised the big difference you can make in a recipe, but you'll probably have to tweak it until it's perfect for ya (small batches are your friend.)
  • Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I will try that, I've been looking too
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Just try the home made quest bar recipes.They are tasty.

http://www.sweetcheetah.com/2013/07/diy-quest-bars.html

This I eat them every day.
  • Deestrong68
    Deestrong68 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
  • puruhutika
    puruhutika Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Homemade Protein Bars | No-Bake Protein Oat Bars

INGREDIENTS:

From Pinterest: I haven't tried this yet, but will soon.

2 cups dry whole grain oatmeal
    4 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
    ½ cup natural peanut butter
    1/3 cup of water or milk
    DIRECTIONS:

This protein bar recipe is extremely simple and doesn't even require turning on your oven! Simply mix all the above ingredients together in a large bowl. Then line a pan with wax paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray and press the mixture into the pan. Smooth the mixture to remove areas that are uneven to ensure bars are evenly proportioned. Next, simply place the pan and ingredients into the fridge for 30 to 45 minutes. Remove and cut into bars of desired size. Enjoy!
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    As far as store bought bars go, I really like cliff's builder bars. Theyre 20 g protein, although they are 270 cal and more of a "meal replacement" type bar. They are super chocolatey and delicious I find, but I also love the taste of soy!
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Homemade Protein Bars | No-Bake Protein Oat Bars

INGREDIENTS:

From Pinterest: I haven't tried this yet, but will soon.

2 cups dry whole grain oatmeal
    4 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
    ½ cup natural peanut butter
    1/3 cup of water or milk
    DIRECTIONS:

This protein bar recipe is extremely simple and doesn't even require turning on your oven! Simply mix all the above ingredients together in a large bowl. Then line a pan with wax paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray and press the mixture into the pan. Smooth the mixture to remove areas that are uneven to ensure bars are evenly proportioned. Next, simply place the pan and ingredients into the fridge for 30 to 45 minutes. Remove and cut into bars of desired size. Enjoy!

sounds yummy! how long do they last?
  • iw2198
    iw2198 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Quest bars.