Dr. Oz said today it DOES matter when you eat.

Options
13»

Replies

• KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    There are lots of studies to the contrary as well. In the end, Dr. Oz isn't always correct and there is enough contradictory evidence to indicate that one method does not work best for all people. I used to not eat much for breakfast. It took years to drill breakfast into me. And once it became a habit and now I'm hungry in the mornings I really started gaining weight. It did not result in me eating less during the day like everyone kept telling me. It resulted me in eating more every day.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I just eat when I am hungry and don't eat when I am not.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Oh well, I'll stick to my methods, thank you very much. I've done alright so far.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Doctor Oz also said razors are a good solution for women and removal of facial hair! Uh NO! ABSOLUTELY UNEQUIVOCALLY NO!

I will NEVER I mean EVER take his advice again! Trust your doctor not some TV spokesperson...
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Seems legit. I only lost 100lbs by skipping breakfast, moderate lunch, huge dinner and then beer right before bed. Oh wells.

Me too. Great work on the 100.

Same here, minus the beer and add a snack before bed. 100 lbs gone in 15 months.
  • Marcus_Anthony
    Marcus_Anthony Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a f&%$king quack. He comes up with a new diet every week. He should be disbarred.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

He flat out said it's true and said their are studies to prove it that you can not eat your biggest meals at night and be successful for weight loss.
    You can see what a failure my weightloss had been by having my biggest meal around 9pm
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    yet more proof that dr oz is an idiotic quack…

I actually eat my largest meal in the evening, post workout, and have had no issues losing, maintaining, etc...

^^THIS^^
  • jshay295
    jshay295 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    No disrespect to Dr Oz, but I'd take anything a doctor on television says with a grain of salt. If you really want a doctor's oppinion, go to your own. Hell, go to a walk-in clinic and ask. I thought Oz was great when he first came on the air, but he pushes too many products for me to think he's really putting peoples well-being first.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I mean, there is *some* logic to fueling your body when you'll be awake and not when you'll soon be asleep... But claiming that you can't lose weight eating a large dinner is absurd.

Personally, I have to make myself eat earlier because if I don't, I end up eating everything at night and it not only leaves me dragging all day, but causes all sorts of issues at night.

Since there are studies that suggest that sleeping on a completely full stomach results in poor quality sleep for most people, and that poor quality sleep is directly linked in causation studies to the promotion of weight gain...

I'm not saying Dr. Oz should be your go to but not everything he says is complete BS. A smidgeon can have some truth.
  • jshay295
    jshay295 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Also , I eat my biggest meal in the evening and it didn't stop me from shedding about fifteen pounds. So , it isn't an impossibility to eat at night and lose weight.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I knew I was doing it wrong!

throne-of-lies.gif
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    OP, Dr. Oz is a quack.

If you want good information in this area, then follow someone like Alan Aragon.
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I dont know squat about Oz. But there is no harm in eating your biggest meal after a work out, whenever that may be. Breakfast lunch or dinner