At my age??

Options

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I think she ment saying

At our age nothing is going to go where it's supposed to, because I AM doing **** about it, but you are nailing it

CO-SIGN

Euhm... what does that even mean?
    Cause i was trying to be positive, maybe i wrote it in the wrong context, but ment that her co-worker doesn't wanna do the effort to make it happen and the OP does

"Co-sign" means "I agree with this."

She was agreeing with you.

My old butt is in about the same place it was when it was a young butt. It took a vacation south for a while in my 30s, but it went back where it is supposed to be in my 40s.

Thank you! This is encouragement!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    The love the same women that take calcium supplements and drink a ton of milk to avoid osteoporosis, but don't get how weights can help bone density in the long run.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I thought from your co-workers comments that you'd be in your 50's or older...lol. Ernestine Shepherd didn't start working out until she was 56, now she's 77 & in the Guiness Records as the oldest competitive female body builder. She looks fantastic, like a model. I hope I look like THAT when I'm her age....or even at my current age...LOL. Here's a story about her...send it to your co-worker & ignore any future comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OR-6y-8-nM
  • wolfsbayne
    Options
    I thought from your co-workers comments that you'd be in your 50's or older...lol. Ernestine Shepherd didn't start working out until she was 56, now she's 77 & in the Guiness Records as the oldest competitive female body builder. She looks fantastic, like a model. I hope I look like THAT when I'm her age....or even at my current age...LOL. Here's a story about her...send it to your co-worker & ignore any future comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OR-6y-8-nM

My fiance and I were watching that last night. I love her! Her attitude, her body is KILLER, she's a beautiful woman inside and out!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    42 and lifting heavy.
    working miracles for me so far. (IMO)
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Did your co-worker have to double swallow her big mouth full of food before she hated on you?

Remarks like that get me stoked. I hope you feel the same way.

I have to wonder if exercise and moderation will ever catch on...
  • Resolve2B
    Resolve2B Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Geez...I didn't find the gym til I was 50! I took too much "time off" though the past couple of years and now am back at it.

Too late? Heh. Nope. I can still turn a head or two (in a certain white-haired demographic at least! LOL)
  • charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am just getting into lifting and I also just turned 36. I wish that the "bulk" lie hadn't been so rampant when I was younger. It was all "cardio, cardio, cardio" .... I hate cardio. I feel so much better focusing on strength training. I also don't dread workouts. I dread cardio. I see so much progress with weights and cardio just makes me tired :(
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    <<< 39. 40 in September.

The person who gives me grief about lifting is my massage therapist. She says things like "why would you want to build all that muscle?"

Most other people say things like "you look great."
  • wolfsbayne
    Options
    Did your co-worker have to double swallow her big mouth full of food before she hated on you?

Remarks like that get me stoked. I hope you feel the same way.

I have to wonder if exercise and moderation will ever catch on...

It's aggravating, but like others said, I'm just going to continue doing what I'm doing and see her reaction at the results. Sometimes, she can be supportive, just not about the lifting weights too much.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I was just having a conversation with a co worker who thinks it's crazy that I'm lifting heavy weights. The other day she asked if I just wanted to be a "she-hulk."
    Makes me wonder if she doesn't understand human physiology... or she is just worried that you are or will be looking so much better than her. :smile:
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I will be 62 in May and am feeling lean and mean right now! I'm enjoying all the exercise big time and have been doing light weights for about six months now. Once I retire, I am joining a gym and working on the big guys - that's my goal anyway. I love the feeling of being able to make my muscles work for me instead of against me. Keep up your fabulous job.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My butt is right where it's supposed to be & I'm 63. :bigsmile:
  • wolfsbayne
    Options
    My butt is right where it's supposed to be & I'm 63. :bigsmile:

:bigsmile:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    <<< 39. 40 in September.

The person who gives me grief about lifting is my massage therapist. She says things like "why would you want to build all that muscle?"

Looking great. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • wolfsbayne
    Options
    I was just having a conversation with a co worker who thinks it's crazy that I'm lifting heavy weights. The other day she asked if I just wanted to be a "she-hulk."
    Makes me wonder if she doesn't understand human physiology... or she is just worried that you are or will be looking so much better than her. :smile:

perhaps both
  • wolfsbayne
    Options
    <<< 39. 40 in September.

You look fantastic!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I think she ment saying

At our age nothing is going to go where it's supposed to, because I AM doing **** about it, but you are nailing it
    MHMMMMM
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I still can't believe that there are women out there that still think that women will become she-hulks from lifting. Seriously??
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I still can't believe that there are women out there that still think that women will become she-hulks from lifting. Seriously??

And, some people believe in mermaids and ancient aliens.

Just saying.

You gotta set your bar lower . . .