what are your current culinary OBSESSIONS?

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I want to make a deep fried egg yolk.

So i'm building my own heating immersion circulator. Sent off my acryclic schematics to a cutter today.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything that includes salted caramel, including but not limited to...

Skinny Cow Salted Caramel Ice Cream Bars

Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Squares
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I just discovered okra and am currently experimenting with all the different ways of cooking it. I love it. It's like nutty courgette.

I've also re-discovered Heinz Lentil Soup and can't get enough of it right now.

Pickle that okra, you won't regret it!

(then eat it with a bloody mary)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    steak and whiskey>?
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    scrambled Egg Beaters and Cholula

also Starkist jalapeno/olive oil tuna packets
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I can't stop making crustless quiches! Today i made 2 smoked turkey and spinach crustless quiches... Mmmmm. So good! Last week it was broccoli and cheese. So healthy and so delicious. My family doesn't eat cheese, so I get the whole thing to myself!
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with homemade granola, banana and raspberries. I eat this every single morning and every morning I re-remember how delicious and satisfying it is.

I've also been eating a TON of curried cauliflower. I go through a head of cauliflower every couple of days. I could eat just a huge bowl of it for a meal.

Asparagus too! With lemon and butter. All. Day. Long.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Got an Anova immersion circulator recently and have been dying to try more and more things with it. So far:

Steaks - good but did not taste any better than a carefully cooked steak on a cast iron pan
    Carrots - best glazed carrots I've ever made. Perfect texture and the juices were made into the glaze as opposed to being lost in blanching liquid
    63.5°C chicken breasts - considering it was just salt and pepper on it, I was blown away. Huge difference over the normal 165°F chicken meat I've had.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Spinach soup with a little bit of bacon chunks. Also, baked parmesan (or fresh mozzarella) tomatoes with oregano & olive oil drizzle on half a slice of ciabatta bread. Nom nom nom.
  • RunningMs
    RunningMs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Currently I cant get enough of :

Ricotta and Honey on toast

Rockmelon - I've been know to eat over half a Kg of it per day. This is interchangeable with Watermelon.

I found a jar of peanut butter mixed with maple syrup in my local grocery store yesterday. I think this will be my new favourite thing.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Garlic and cilantro. I put that **** on EVERYTHING.

EDIT to add: Greek Honey Yogurt
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    We recently purchased a really nice All-Clad skillet, so we can pan-sear meats and finish them in the oven. So we had to find some yummy recipes to try. That led to discovering all kinds of fresh herbs and different ways to marinade. I cannot believe how much better steaks and pork chops taste cooked in that skillet! Even better than the grill.

Now I want to throw out all our pans and replace them! LOL
  • hilarymcm
    hilarymcm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods had organic collard greens on sale a while back, and ever since I've been chopping up a few slices of organic bacon into 1-inch slices, cooking them til they were almost crisp, then adding a bunch of collards (shredded) to the pan and sautéing it just until the collards are wilted. Then I add cracked black pepper and a splash of chili pepper vinegar (I made mine by adding a quartered fresh ghost pepper to a 12-oz bottle of red wine vinegar).

I've eaten it as-is, and I've also served it combined with blackeyed peas and rice. Hey, I'm in Boston and buried under a hundred feet of snow, the least I can do is eat food that reminds me of warm climates!
  • Tobe_Irie
    Options
    Whole rye bread with avocado - peanut butter and oats - Homemade black bean soup. Can't even wait to eat again the next day!
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Homemade bread. Om nom nom nom
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I want to make a deep fried egg yolk.

i want this.
  • kikiboniki
    Options

also Starkist jalapeno/olive oil tuna packets

this sounds delish!
  • kikiboniki
    Options
    Currently I cant get enough of :

Ricotta and Honey on toast

Rockmelon - I've been know to eat over half a Kg of it per day. This is interchangeable with Watermelon.

I found a jar of peanut butter mixed with maple syrup in my local grocery store yesterday. I think this will be my new favourite thing.

oooh i may mix pb2 with maple!! and ricotta and honey, sounds really good!
  • snow00774
    Options
    bacon and every veg I can pair it with.

chicken thighs baked with a super thin coating of hidden valley light ranch and breadcrumbs with italian seasoning. omg. NOM.
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Roasted Broccoli
    Tomato/Onion/Cucumber/Sea Salt/Olive Oil/Balsamic Vinegar Salad
    90% Cocoa Chocolate
    Eggs with Hot Sauce
    Homemade Vegan Pizza