what are your current culinary OBSESSIONS?

Options

Replies

• Jersey_GirlSpins
    Jersey_GirlSpins Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Red Quinoa Avocado Salad (Recipe from Wegman's)

Black Bean Salad

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup w/lots of veggies
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous of people with Anova sous vide machines!!

My obsessions lately:

Roasted broccoli - coat with a little healthy oil, sprinkle sea salt, and roast until the edges get a little brown and crispy. Like broccoli crackers or chips, I can't stop eating.

AVOCADOES. All day every day

Coconut oil - I love the flavor it adds to my stir-fry vegetables

Kerrygold butter - how have I lived without giving myself such delicious butter??
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Roasted Broccoli
    Tomato/Onion/Cucumber/Sea Salt/Olive Oil/Balsamic Vinegar Salad
    90% Cocoa Chocolate
    Eggs with Hot Sauce
    Homemade Vegan Pizza

I think we have the same palate!! Eggs w/ hot sauce = my breakfast every day!
  • Mommyitaliana
    Options
    I've really gotten into Quinoa and Tofu. Baked tofu in the oven is yummy. Add in some stir fry veggies, and you have a complete meal! Also love Greek yogurt, and that powdered peanut butter- PB2.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Curries - Indian, Thai, other...gotta be the perfect tastes, yet easy enough to cook in a reasonable amount of time.
    Chinese food - because it's delicious & healthy when made properly
    Smoothies - OJ, bananas, & strawberries are never wrong. Especially if they have yogurt to keep them company. Don't care HOW much snow is on the ground. It's *smoothie* time!
  • Synamin
    Synamin Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Chinese 5 spice powder. It's delicious on anything, I think.
  • dserious111
    dserious111 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
  • adamdlc
    Options
    Chicken burritoes, and banana oatmeal cookies
  • Sweetpea6896
    Sweetpea6896 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Dole summer blend chopped salad mix, bolthouse farms chunky blue cheese yogurt dressing, and Loebs crunchy onions
  • 82jeh
    82jeh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    pop tarts, but you HAVE to put them in the toaster. I've been eating them raw all these years, but the toaster makes all the difference in the world! :) s'mores pop tarts ftw! :D
  • snow00774
    Options
    pop tarts, but you HAVE to put them in the toaster. I've been eating them raw all these years, but the toaster makes all the difference in the world! :) s'mores pop tarts ftw! :D

omg yes, the toaster is what makes them feel gourmet - mmmm warm gooo
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My current obsessions are with steel cut oats and making slow cooker oatmeal recipes. I am also doing a lot of experimenting with grains such a quinoa, bulgar wheat, and couscous. I am using more veggies like spaghetti squash and butternut squash in recipes.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,888 Member
    Options
    Ribeye steak

Bi bim bap

Craft beer

Eggs on everything

Ice cream

Sashimi

Pinot

Doro wat
    I'm there.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Chilli and red wine
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I just discovered okra and am currently experimenting with all the different ways of cooking it. I love it. It's like nutty courgette.

I've also re-discovered Heinz Lentil Soup and can't get enough of it right now.

Pickle that okra, you won't regret it!

(then eat it with a bloody mary)

Oooh, I never knew you could pickle it! I already pickle my own eggs and beetroot.. Gonna have to try that! Happy days :happy:
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options

omg yes, the toaster is what makes them feel gourmet - mmmm warm gooo

gourmet.

hahaha
  • minibandit
    Options
    Garlic and chilli on EVERYTHING!
  • mdinms
    mdinms Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    anything asian inspired. lettuce wraps, stir-fry, etc...
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Figured out a way to make chocolate egg custard with protein powder in the microwave - still working on getting them cooked just right. I have a tendency to cook them a little too long so they're more like pudding than just-set custard, but I can't believe how good they taste. Really chocolatey, not at all sweet (I use a lot of cocoa). Completely hides the protein powder.

Made a cranberry & toasted almond & cranberry pilaf where I liked the taste, but not the lack of texture. Quinoa is just too small for me. Tried again this week with barley. Much better, but the recipe I used called for too much stock. I think the barley is too soft. I prefer al dente. Will need to try again.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I am loving PB2