Hi! Geeky girl here looking to make some pals.

Options

Replies

• beebeewho
    beebeewho Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    my cheat days have a habit of becoming cheat weekends then some occasions they become cheat weeks.
    That's too bad :( I guess I'm lucky since I tend to really love fresh and healthy foods. I actually grew up in Brazil where processed and fast good we're never as big as they are here in the states! Temptation at every turn.
  • beebeewho
    Options
    Holy cow! 20 years ago? No I can't -_- haha I never really got into DS9! I tried... I loved every other version, including Enterprise!
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Yay for geeky girls and nerds!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! 20 years ago? No I can't -_- haha I never really got into DS9! I tried... I loved every other version, including Enterprise!

Captain Archer will always be Sam Beckett for me - I enjoy Enterprise but it's always there in the back of my mind (waiting for Al to appear).
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Lets see... Netflixed through Battlestar Galactica in a week. Seen all the Star Treks and was ticked when Enterprise was canceled. Take notes on dating tips while watching The Big Bang Theory. Read Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide and saw the original series air in the UK back in the early 1980s. Ok, that last bit showed my age.

I'm also a science teacher at a local college. Nerdy enough?

Mike
  • beebeewho
    Options
    Haha awesome! I love douglas Adams, I have a much of his quotes hanging in my little office.

I never watched quantum leap! So I didn't have that issue. Any of you guys watch any stargate? And do you Trekkies swing both ways into Star Wars? I sure do!
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    Oh yes - but then Star Trek and Star Wars are chalk and cheese - so it's easy to like both with no hint of conflict.

After all Star Wars isn't local - its set in a Galaxy far, far away - so Jane Way had more change of bumping into the evil empire
  • g0at1982
    g0at1982 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nerd brethren unite!

While it's a mistake to believe that any major problem can be solved simply with potatoes, it's imperative that all NERDS out there add me so I can interact with you guys.

EDIT:

Oh, and 42.
  • booklvr81
    booklvr81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I never watched quantum leap!

You need to fix that, stat. It's definitely one of my favorites.

And what the what.... unless I've missed it, no Babylon 5 love from you guys?! Ivonova is my role model! =D

(PS, feel free to add me)
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    I kind of dipped in and out of Babylon 5, but there running them again soon from the beginning in the UK so I may have to indulge.
  • beebeewho
    Options
    Ooh I'll have to see if quantum leap is on netflix! And yes, I've never gotten the Star Wars vs. Star Trek rivalry, I grew up watching both and they a vastly different!

P.s. This thread is great
  • orangefiremann
    Options
    Nerd Time!! Feel Free to add me.
  • NapsAndNachos
    Options
    Ooh I'll have to see if quantum leap is on netflix! And yes, I've never gotten the Star Wars vs. Star Trek rivalry, I grew up watching both and they a vastly different!

P.s. This thread is great

It is at least on the US Netflix. Different countries have different content. I switch between them depending on what I want to watch :-) Quantum Leap is on my "to be watched" list.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is a geek. :laugh:
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    All we need now is for Moss to join!

(sorry IT Crowd reference).
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I know there's a group called Girs Gone Geek that my geeky girl friends are into. They won't let me join, but I seriously want in.

You can add me as well, if you want. I think I made all of my friends off of geek forum posts like this one.

In a nutshell: I'm an English teacher, literature / music / film dork, waaaaaay into literary graphic novels, poetry, LOTR, beer brewing, Dune, Star Wars, etc.

I'm sure we'll all have a deeper, nerdier discussion at a future date!