Hi! Geeky girl here looking to make some pals.

Options

Replies

• Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    By the way, there is an interesting Tweet going around that says ET was in the Star Wars universe. His race is seen in the Senate, ET recognizes "Yoda" when a kid is wearing his mask for Halloween, and ET had the power to make a bicycle fly. Possible jedi with a Reese's Pieces craving?

Personally, I prefer Star Trek over Star Wars, but ponder this. If you matched up a bunch of Star Trek red shirters against a bunch of Storm Troopers who can't shoot straight, does anyone die?

Mike
  • booklvr81
    booklvr81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    All we need now is for Moss to join!

(sorry IT Crowd reference).

Every conversation needs an IT Crowd reference. Wish it would come back again!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Were spoilt in the UK the IT Crowds always on. I was watching it last night.

It's was the one where Moss found a 'flippin Iphone' at the arcade.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and welcome! I really enjoyed reading this thread, although some of the stuff - I have no idea what your talking about. Just goes to show that you don't need to have alot in common to enjoy someone's company even it they have vastly different interests than you are used to. Good luck to you all!
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    By the way, there is an interesting Tweet going around that says ET was in the Star Wars universe. His race is seen in the Senate, ET recognizes "Yoda" when a kid is wearing his mask for Halloween, and ET had the power to make a bicycle fly. Possible jedi with a Reese's Pieces craving?

Personally, I prefer Star Trek over Star Wars, but ponder this. If you matched up a bunch of Star Trek red shirters against a bunch of Storm Troopers who can't shoot straight, does anyone die?

Mike

Somehow they will all die. Ensigns and Storm Troopers always die - will probably all get hit by ricochets.
  • cjazz72
    cjazz72 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me everybody!!!
  • hasta_la_vista_belly
    Options
    Gaming and Star Trek? Feel free to add me!
  • beebeewho
    beebeewho Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think ET was more of an Easter egg I'm Star Wars, his species was in phantom menace I belive. I think it was 'cause he had the yoda reference in ET, not sure if it's widely accepted as canon or not.

Also I agree that both the red shirts and troopers would die, most likely some other random accident would just make them all collateral.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    I would like to see that on an episode of Robot Chicken.
  • kge520
    kge520 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fellow geek girl here, feel free to add me!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    <--- I made my own Viking helmet (out of sheet metal), Shield and Scabbard for my sword (yes. . I have a sword). . so. . yeah. .kind of nerdy..
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    Haha awesome! I love douglas Adams, I have a much of his quotes hanging in my little office.

I never watched quantum leap! So I didn't have that issue. Any of you guys watch any stargate? And do you Trekkies swing both ways into Star Wars? I sure do!

Seen every episode of stargate at least twice. . including the movies. Was in the middle of a third run-through when it disappeared off netlfix! grrrr.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    Middle Age Nerd - Does it get any better.
  • jabec105
    jabec105 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    "Middle Age Nerd - Does it get any better."

Thanks ... he he

Anyone else here fans of Firefly? One of my favs of all time.

As for anime Vandread and s-CRY-ed are two of my favorites.
  • beebeewho
    beebeewho Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QZe4WFk8n9I closest thing on robot chicken, lol.

I hate when Netflix pulls things out like that :( did you like stargate Atlantis? I watched a lot of that in high school.
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QZe4WFk8n9I closest thing on robot chicken, lol.

I hate when Netflix pulls things out like that :( did you like stargate Atlantis? I watched a lot of that in high school.

Yep. .Watched all those too. . Wasn't a big fan of the last one, though. . (Stargate Universe or something?). . too somber. I like my sci-fi to be at least a LITTLE funny. .
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    Not big into anime, but I am a fan of Ninja Scroll - seen it a few times.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Speaking of netflix and star wars, Clone Wars is coming to Netflix streaming! Now I know what I'm going to binge watch after I finish my Next Generation run through :)
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You're all lovely. Have an 8bit gif.

pzys2u4