P90X3 - Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hey all- question from a marathon runner. I just borrowed P90X3 from a friend and was looking at the "Lean" schedule, but after doing the first Accelerator workout today it didn't feel as intense as some other Beach Body stuff I've done (like Insanity). Does it get a lot more intense as time goes by?

I train for and run half marathons and do the Classic Version of P90X3. I replaced the Yoga with running and use my rest day for long runs. I don't think P90X3 alone will prepare you for much more than a 5K.
    Great, thanks for your response! Can you see any downside to supplementing with running a few days a week, as long as I'm smart about choosing which days I run?

I am in my 7th week of P90X3 and no problems that I can tell.

Mike
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I love the Dynamix too! I had 7th day of 2nd week yesterday and t is just plain awesome. I hate yoga so much and I am toying with the idea to substitute Dynamix for the yoga day. Both stretches after all.

Remember what he says in the beginning of the video? You need this! It helps your balance and your joints. They bump it up soon too, so it's not the only yoga video :)

*Great job on your progress!!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    I'm in week four, good old transition week. Did accelerator last night, it was amazing! It was challenging for sure, but so fun and it's quickly on my top list of workouts. CVX is still my number 1. I can't believe that next week I start block two, I never thought I'd make it through the first week. I'm also drinking shakology, since I bought the challenge pack, and my cravings for sweet things have vanished. I used to be a huge soda drinker, but now I'm on week two without it! And I didn't quit, it just kind of happened.
    Good job guys! Keep it up! I love my P90X3!
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I *SO* wanted to take a rest day today. I am not at my peak emotionally or physically and I tried to come up with all sorts of excuses not to press PLAY. Eccentric Lower was on the schedule, but my legs are still tired from yesterday's run and Triometrics. Incinerator is scheduled for tomorrow, but my upper body is still sore from Eccentric Upper. I finally decided to do Ab Ripper X followed by Saturday's scheduled MMX. That will give my muscles more time to recover for the heavy lifting of Eccentric Lower and Incinerator. Every good plan includes flexibility.

Mike
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Check iin Time ! Day 24 The Warrior: I decided NOT take a day off due to a nasty bug. As of now glad I didn't. Woozers...this
    is a kick**s little workout . All aboard the Burpee Train !! My HRM tells my I burnt just over 400 cals.

Day 25: Pilates X: It's been a slow learning process, but I was finally able to match my breathing with the movements. My pretzels
    are prettty sad in the agility department. It took me 3 times through to enjoy this workout. Now I wont see it again for a month, I'm going to miss it atleast some.

I think I got this bug on the run.. Have a great weekend everybody !! and another week closer to spring !!!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Just started my third week of block 1 and I can already notice a huge difference. I remember the first time I did total synergistics I had to push pause quite a few times and could barely balance on one leg for more than a few seconds. This week I only had to push pause a couple times for much shorter periods and I could keep my balance for almost the whole time. What a difference a couple weeks make.

I also switched to my minimalist shoes instead of my running shoes because Tony kept yelling at me. A shoe with less cushion seems to help tremendously on the balance exercises.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Just started my third week of block 1 and I can already notice a huge difference. I remember the first time I did total synergistics I had to push pause quite a few times and could barely balance on one leg for more than a few seconds. This week I only had to push pause a couple times for much shorter periods and I could keep my balance for almost the whole time. What a difference a couple weeks make.

I also switched to my minimalist shoes instead of my running shoes because Tony kept yelling at me. A shoe with less cushion seems to help tremendously on the balance exercises.
    Hmmm,
    Maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy a pr of cross trainers. I generally have balance issues due to recurrent ear infection in childhood, and I guess my running shoes not helping either.
  • yourswede
    Options
    Week 3 done, starting recovery week tomorrow. Major improvements from week to week in stamina and reps, still need to become a lot more flexible, the yoga and dynamix routines are difficult but the balance has improved greatly.

Really happy with the progress and results so far. I may be imagining things but it appears the top row of my abs are showing, I can safely say my chest and arms have significant changes in size from when I started
  • emilym173
    Options
    Hey everyone! Kind of late to comment on this, but I thought I would jump in.

I did about 2 weeks of p90x3 classics and loved it. I was supposed to start my 3rd week last week, but I really messed up my neck and shoulder after falling on the ice. I took a week off to prevent any further injuries. I have been stretching as much as I can to get some activity level going (hell, I even popped in the good ol' p90x stretch video.) I felt a bit better this weekend, so I managed to do the yoga x and agility. I am planning on starting my 3rd week tomorrow. I hope that this didn't set me back too much!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Bumping for the P90X3 awesomeness!
  • polygirl17
    polygirl17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just finished my 2nd week and am loving it. Workouts aren't killer and only 30 min, which to me means that I will stick with it - a.k.a., actually see results, even if it takes longer than a standard 1-hr workout program! Challenge is hardest for me without a pull-up bar, so I'm trying out alternatives. Love that I've seen a big improvement in balance, endurance and strength in only 2 weeks. P90X3 rocks.
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I just started this week. I'm on the Mass calendar. I like the 30 minute workouts, I started the first P90X before but couldn't commit the time, this one fits right into my schedule.

I'm a little worried about fitting in The Challenge (which I do today) because I have inflammation in my rib cage and pushups tend to aggravate it but we'll see how it goes.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Hi there! I just finished my 2nd week and am loving it. Workouts aren't killer and only 30 min, which to me means that I will stick with it - a.k.a., actually see results, even if it takes longer than a standard 1-hr workout program! Challenge is hardest for me without a pull-up bar, so I'm trying out alternatives. Love that I've seen a big improvement in balance, endurance and strength in only 2 weeks. P90X3 rocks.

You can get resistance bands and a door thing, forget what it's called. That's what i have. I have the bar too, but not strong enough yet.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    I just started this week. I'm on the Mass calendar. I like the 30 minute workouts, I started the first P90X before but couldn't commit the time, this one fits right into my schedule.

I'm a little worried about fitting in The Challenge (which I do today) because I have inflammation in my rib cage and pushups tend to aggravate it but we'll see how it goes.

Ouch, be careful... the Challenge is rough and lots of sets of pull-ups and pushups.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Morning All
    So I've had the virus and flu and haven't worked out in almost 2 weeks due to my incessant cough ( made it difficult to breathe properly when working out.

I was at Block 2, Week 1 when I stopped. Can I just resume from Block 2? This is the first time I took such a long break from a program and wondering how badly this would affect me?

Any advice appreciated.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Morning All
    So I've had the virus and flu and haven't worked out in almost 2 weeks due to my incessant cough ( made it difficult to breathe properly when working out.

I was at Block 2, Week 1 when I stopped. Can I just resume from Block 2? This is the first time I took such a long break from a program and wondering how badly this would affect me?

Any advice appreciated.
    It will definitely be more difficult after taking 2 weeks off. There are really no rules to follow, if you're not quite back to 100% you can do a couple easier workouts for the next couple days and they start up again where you left off. Or if you think you are fine you can give block 2 a try but just try not to over-do it.
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I completed The Challenge yesterday. I kept my number low and stretched between every exercise because of inflammation in my chest. No pain today so that's a very good thing. It was a lot more pushups than I've done in a long time because of the pain but that's a good sign.
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    7 weeks in- completed Incinerator this morning.

I'm also doing T25 at the same time... although the strength routines are laughable. The girls in the video all use 5lbs and the biggest guys are only lifting 15. 10 reps for curls with 5-15 pounds. Really??? I'm pretty sure they are either spraying the actors down to look like they are getting sweaty.
  • klballard
    Options
    Just did AgilityX... WOW. Does any female doing this exercise know how much they burned doing it? I am waiting for my polar watch to arrive. Thanks :)