Tea Lovers

Options
I've recently become a little curious about teas besides the usual ones I've had (sweet and green) I've tried a few some I've hated while some were pretty good. which ones would guys recommend and what do you put in yours?

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I like tea. Mainly on ice and with stevia.

It depends what you're going for. Lady Grey is nice to brew and set over ice and sweeten.

Chammomile is very inexpensive and is great for anti-inflammatory and relaxing. Anything from the Yogi brand will taste great and show the results claimed because they are formulated by true herbalists.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I was always a big fan of Tazo Passion tea. Its really tangy and fruity tasting. I like that particular tea just on its own with no added sweetner.
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I drink Earl Grey a lot. I also like different mint blends. Lemon is good too :)
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tea! I a big herbal tea drinker. I don't take anything in my tea. Echinacea tea is delicious (traditional medicines). I live right near the celestial seasoning factory, so I do drink a fair amount of their tea. Sweet pumpkin spice is a nice caffeinated tea.i their zinger teas are good, too. Orange tangerine zinger is delicious and makes a good iced tea. I also really like teavana's teas, although I don't buy them often.

When I have a cold, I always drink throat coat by traditional medicines. It's amazing.

My advice: go to a tea house with a friend and try all the teas! :) have fun finding out what you love.
  • condoleezachiapet
    Options
    I can't even describe how much I love tea! :D

For black teas:
    florence (chocolatey, heavy)
    mint julep (nutty, light)
    harney & son's paris (nutty, sweet)
    assam tea with heaps of cardamom & bay leaf (spicy)

For green teas:
    tazo's green ginger (zesty)
    handpicked alishan green tea (incredibly layered, light, woody)
    coffee bean's jasmine dragon phoenix pearl (flowery)

For fruity teas:
    david's pink passionfruit (aromatic, tangy)
    trader joe's white pomegranate tea (bright, zesty)

For herbal teas:
    coffee bean's african sunrise (nutty, bright)
    david' s peppermint flu infusion 101 (refreshing)
    himalayan gooseberry (bitter, tangy)

I want to try pumpkin tea next.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I like to drink Chai Vanilla tea, Orange and Spice herb tea, Decaf Earl Grey, and Celestial Sleepy Time tea (which is excellent before bed).

I also have some fancy loose leaf tea that is an Oolong Rooibos mix tea from Tevana that is pretty good.
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've never been a tea fan. I have always loved coffee. This being said I decided to give it another try.

http://www.republicoftea.com/ I haven't found a tea I didn't love on this site. Wonderful!! :drinker:
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I like kind of all the herbal tea's... Those are mostly cafeïne free.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea, always hot, always black, and with a little stevia. my current tea assortment - Irish Breakfast, Edinburgh Breakfast, Canadian Winter Blend (black tea with apple and cinnamon in it mmmm - best with a little maple syrup instead of stevia), One of my all time favourites is Mariage Freres French Breakfast (slightly smoky and chocolatey) in fact Mariage Freres make some of the nicest teas all round of any type (the store in paris is amazing)
    I drink green and white teas when I am out for chinese food
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ALL THE TEA!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

In for tea!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've recently become a little curious about teas besides the usual ones I've had (sweet and green) I've tried a few some I've hated while some were pretty good. which ones would guys recommend and what do you put in yours?
    Right now I'm loving English Breakfast with honey and heavy cream (milk works, too).

There are so many optins, especially if you go somewhere like an actual loose-leaf tea shop or World Market. I like chai with honey and soy milk and chocolate mate with honey is good. I've had raspberry cream, chocolate/strawberry, pomegranate ...

I'm not a fan of green and I pretty much always put honey in mine, even if nothing else.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    teavana, ask for a black peach tea unsweetened. LOVE IT
  • kiekie33
    Options
    Thanks for all of the recommendations, i'll be going out today and picking up a few to try :smile:
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered brewing from loose leaf! Love it! We are drinking Earl Grey Green loose from Coffee Bean, Really yum! I also love Stash Holiday teas, pumpkin tea and ginger tea. Republic of Tea Holiday Spice blends are yum too. I drink Yogi Blueberry every day (because I like the flavor - not because it says Slim Life on it.. I hate that!) I don't put anything in my tea, I like it straight up, as is..
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I have a thing for plain peppermint tea.
  • harperjs
    harperjs Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This winter I've been really into Earl Grey with lemon and honey. Mmm!
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    David's teas' chocolate chili chai is the only tea with chocolate I've been impressed by. I generally make it with half hot milk, half water.

I looove genmaicha - green tea with toasted rice. The rice adds a nice nutty flavour.

Chamomile is nice, and chamomile steeped in hot lemonade with some honey is lovely for a cold. And peppermint is always nice too.
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Any kind of chai tea is awesome! I usually drink at least two cups of chai a day with some milk and sweetener. I find preparing it this week helps satisfy my sweet tooth in the evenings.
  • condoleezachiapet
    Options
    David's teas' chocolate chili chai is the only tea with chocolate I've been impressed by. I generally make it with half hot milk, half water.

That sounds amazing. :')