Hi! Geeky girl here looking to make some pals.

Options

Replies

• Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Oh dear goodness. I am now obsessed with the idea that I need to add a Runkeeper challenge of walking to Mordor and back!

How do you add a challenge to Runkeeper?
  • NapsAndNachos
    Options
    I have to say, your username seems like a perfect day.

What did you do today?

Naps and nachos.

Alright!

I was going to use a username that sounded really sporty, but then I thought "Who are you kidding? Just describe what you're really like."

I thought NapsNachosNetflixAndNederburg would've been a tad too long...
  • g0at1982
    g0at1982 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have to say, your username seems like a perfect day.

What did you do today?

Naps and nachos.

Alright!

I was going to use a username that sounded really sporty, but then I thought "Who are you kidding? Just describe what you're really like."

I thought NapsNachosNetflixAndNederburg would've been a tad too long...

That's a lot of alliteration also :D

On a serious note though, anyone familiar enough with the group system here on MFP to tell me if it would be possible to create a group dedicated to walking to Mordor ? That'd be rad
  • NapsAndNachos
    Options
    Oh dear goodness. I am now obsessed with the idea that I need to add a Runkeeper challenge of walking to Mordor and back!

How do you add a challenge to Runkeeper?

I can't remember how I got a "walk 50km" to my Runkeeper. Just trying to find out. Not sure if it's a "challenge". You can have open challenges at Polar personal trainer site, but I don't have a Polar with GPS.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

Omg, I need to do this!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Yer sorry I got in early with that one. I sometimes use it when I'm not feeling too sporty.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    If you do try it Lord of the Rings Style you need the right equipment, which is generally and axe or broadsword and a fuzzy toed Hobbit on your back.

Plus they say walk but it's kind of a continues hard run - but don't worry when I'm out with the guys we normally have to hold the back the pace for the slow arsed dwarf.
  • NapsAndNachos
    Options
    OK, there is a group called "To Mordor!" here, but basically that means that they've decided to walk to Mordor and stay there :-)

Shall we create a new group called "Walking to Mordor (and back)"? Mind you, it's going to take a long time to achieve that challenge :-)
  • g0at1982
    Options
    On a serious note though, anyone familiar enough with the group system here on MFP to tell me if it would be possible to create a group dedicated to walking to Mordor ? That'd be rad

THIS (yes I quoted myself)
  • g0at1982
    Options
    OK, there is a group called "To Mordor!" here, but basically that means that they've decided to walk to Mordor and stay there :-)

Shall we create a new group called "Walking to Mordor (and back)"? Mind you, it's going to take a long time to achieve that challenge :-)

ABSOLUTELY!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If you do try it Lord of the Rings Style you need the right equipment, which is generally and axe or broadsword and a fuzzy toed Hobbit on your back.

Plus they say walk but it's kind of a continues hard run - but don't worry when I'm out with the guys we normally have to hold the back the pace for the slow arsed dwarf.

And if you post your address on MFP. . you'll have lots of creepy slimy creatures following you. .
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

In honour of Bilbo, should we call the group 'there and back again'?
  • NapsAndNachos
    Options

We'll allow the people to decide (or at least the biggest Tolkien fans) :-) We can create the group a bit later today. Or I can. Or anyone who wants to take charge :-) I'm too tall to be a hobbit!
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

We'll allow the people to decide (or at least the biggest Tolkien fans) :-) We can create the group a bit later today. Or I can. Or anyone who wants to take charge :-) I'm too tall to be a hobbit!

Wow, this is getting serious then. If the group needs a theme song can I suggest - Flight of the Concords - The Fellowship.
  • g0at1982
    Options
    OP sorry for hijacking your thread!!!! I will create the group later on today/tonight after work etc if no one else can do so in the meantime. Sounds good all :)
  • NapsAndNachos
    Options
    I just realized how long it would take to achieve that goal :-) Oh well. Doesn't hurt to try!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Haha awesome! I love douglas Adams, I have a much of his quotes hanging in my little office.

I never watched quantum leap! So I didn't have that issue. Any of you guys watch any stargate? And do you Trekkies swing both ways into Star Wars? I sure do!

Star Wars and Star Trek are barely comparable (other than being set in space and having Star in the title), so I'm cool with both. Choosing one is pointless.

I enjoyed Quantum Leap during my youth (or whatever point in time it fell). Stargate SG-1 is fantastic. The original movie was good. I never could get into Atlantis, however.
  • sageryu21
    sageryu21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! Always looking to add a fellow geek. Add me and let's help each other get to our goals!