Advice for dieting in an "all-inclusive" hotel?

Options
2»

Replies

• toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm off the mind that if you're on vacation, you should enjoy it...yes, make good choices, but don't stress about calorie counting. A week or whatever isn't going to do you great harm (I've been in this predicament too and came out fine). You'll might be more unconsciously active (walking, swimming, watersports etc.) but I find when I'm away I like to do a short gym session first thing in the morning, and also take part in whatever fun classes the resort offers - yoga, Zumba etc. Don't lose your mind at the buffet, fill up on fresh veggies and fruit, grilled meats and fish etc. Stay away from heavy carbs and creamy food 'cause it's easy to go overboard. Usually with dessert you have choices so you can treat yourself with a small square or cookie. Drink lots of water and watch the sugary cocktail consumption.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I'd never track calories on a vacation. I try to make good choices so it's not an all-out food fest but I don't sweat it. If something looks good, I eat (or drink) it.

Vacations are for having fun and enjoying yourself, so eat good food, do active fun things (snorkeling, walking, etc). When you get home, get back on the plan. Don't bother weighing yourself for a week or two. If you're anything like me, you will pop up 6-10 pounds right after the vacation, primarily water retention, but you'll be to your starting weight within a week or two.

I'm pretty sure this is how normal people do it. Enjoy themselves, but don't gorge or binge. Return to normal when the fun's over.
  • kelvincornish1
    Options
    My lovely missus and me have done a lot of all inclusive holidays. For instance in 2013 we went to Crete. Breakfast for me was porridge every day (no sugar) and a banana covered with cinnamon. Then some kind of egg meal, coffee and water to drink. Lunch and dinner were equally good choices. Great gym in the hotel meant I didn't miss out on the exercise any day. Downside is the fact you can go to the bar without putting your hand in your pocket because you have already paid! But you are on holiday - enjoy it.