cupcake?... ate it!

Options
I just wanted to say thank you to all you mfp folks who have said crazy stuff like "don't demonize foods" or "everything in moderation". I thought I needed to cut out whole food groups to lose weight. I was pretty darn sure it was going to be a barefoot stroll through hell to get through this weight loss thing.
Me: pot pies?
Me: NO POT PIES!
Me: cookie?
Me: NO COOKIES! What are you, crazy!?
Me: cupcake?
Me: WTF is WRONG with you!? Nothing BAD til we finish this! *smacksmack*
Me...binge/give up/starve/binge/explode to 300lb

You: blah, blah, blah (insert all the sane helpful advice here), blah blah blah, cookies

Thank you thank you thank you!
I ate a cupcake today.
It was lovely, and completely within my calories. I intend to eat more "bad" stuff 'cause its so freakin' good. I ate it! And I didn't hate me for eating a damned cupcake. Plus I've also lost 20 pounds since January 1. Cupcakes and weight loss. Must be part of that whole lifestyle change thing cause it was never a part of my quick fix yoyo dieting plans.
So here's a cupcake.
CNMY

Replies

• Goldeeloks615
    Goldeeloks615 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hurray for you!

If you wanted it and counted it, then it's a win! I have found that if I deny myself then it just calls my name, begs me to over indulge and fall into that cycle you mentioned.

Congrats to you and your ah-ha moment! :drinker:
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    Hurray for you!

If you wanted it and counted it, then it's a win! I have found that if I deny myself then it just calls my name, begs me to over indulge and fall into that cycle you mentioned.

Congrats to you and your ah-ha moment! :drinker:
    Thanks! Wish I'd figured it out at 16, but hey, better late than never, right?
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you and cupcakes!!!! I truly believe this is the link between "diet" and a life long way of eating. Sooooo happy for you!!!

:smokin:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    You get not just one, but TWO thumbs up!

And that cupcake is so cute I just want to take a bite out of its head just to see it cry. I bet it's cute when it cries...
  • Blue801
    Options
    You get not just one, but TWO thumbs up!

And that cupcake is so cute I just want to take a bite out of its head just to see it cry. I bet it's cute when it cries...

*gasp*:noway: Sadist!

Oh, wait...cupcake. Never mind.
    If it screams princess bubblegum might show up and bake it back together with science. And that would be fun.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    Options
    Great, so I can take more than just a single bite :devil:
  • Blue801
    Options
    Are you seriously going to keep biting the poor little cupcake if it starts screaming???
    :frown:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    If they don't I will! And congrats!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    you are welcome..

this should be required reading for everyone…esp the "sugar is evil" crew.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    Options
    Are you seriously going to keep biting the poor little cupcake if it starts screaming???
    :frown:

Ambience :bigsmile:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i ate a cupcake for breakfast.
  • ToniD923
    ToniD923 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

Just beginning here and you helped put into perspective for me. Nervous here to get going again without failing but not going to give up!
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I ate two mini cupcakes with pink frosting last night and I am not one bit sorry about it. I might eat another two tonight.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    i ate a cupcake for breakfast.

But did it scream in agony while you ate it?
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options

That is freakin awesome....best thing I've read all day :laugh:
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    great........now I want a cupcake!! :grumble: :grumble:

great realization, isnt it? i too was lured to the "mean" side. it was their slogan - Welcome to the Mean Side, We Have Cake! LOL

gonna hang out until the "sugar is evil" post!! :laugh:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    It's pretty awesome when you realize you can eat the good food and still get healthy!! Enjoying my Ferrero Rocker chocolate as I type this YUM :)

Now I want a cupcake though too bad the bakery doesn't deliver well maybe it's a good thing cause I would get one of these:

cupcake1.jpg
  • Blue801
    Options
    There will be no "sugar is evil" post in this thread! I am henceforth outlawing anti-carb anti-sugar anti-potpie anti-fruit propaganda in this land of happy weight loss!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Deep dish pizza. Just ate it lol and yum!!
  • Blue801
    Options
    It's pretty awesome when you realize you can eat the good food and still get healthy!! Enjoying my Ferrero Rocker chocolate as I type this YUM :)

Now I want a cupcake though too bad the bakery doesn't deliver well maybe it's a good thing cause I would get one of these:

cupcake1.jpg
    Yum!:drinker: