Master cleanse help ! I ate something

Options
I had 6 blackberry left in my fridge and I it will go bad so I ate it. I'm on my 3rd day of the cleanse. Did I just ruin my cleanse ?

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I had 6 blackberry left in my fridge and I it will go bad so I ate it. I'm on my 3rd day of the cleanse. Did I just ruin my cleanse ?

Yep! Toss the cleanse and start eating now. Healthy things, like blackberries. Make sure you get lots of protein to make up for all you went without during your 'cleanse'.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Reaching for the popcorn...
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Joined this month. First post. Right.....
  • Chositadream101
    Chositadream101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was seriously just asking a question I thought this is a support forum
  • QuietBloom
    Options

It is. 'Cleanses' are a money wasting scam. We are trying to help you.
  • megsmom2
    Options
    It is a support forum. What you are doing is not likely to get or deserving of much support. Fireworks frequently ensue about this topic.
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    More berries STAT! And some meats and vegetables and a cupcake might help too.

Alternatively... have you heard of a meat cleanse?
  • sjdavis15
    sjdavis15 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you are fine. I'm assuming you are avoiding all sugar on your cleanse and are worried that you just blew it by eating fruit, you can rest assured that fruit is just fine on a cleanse. A great ratio to stick to is twice as many veggies as fruits. Even if you aren't eating fruit blackberries are a very low sugar fruit and since you only ate six...no worries. Just keep following whatever protocol your cleanse calls for and good luck. I've done several and they are hard. :smile:
  • megsmom2
    Options
    Cleanses are unnecessary. Don't do it. Its silly. You have functional internal organs..let them do their job.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    I'm sure you are fine. I'm assuming you are avoiding all sugar on your cleanse and are worried that you just blew it by eating fruit, you can rest assured that fruit is just fine on a cleanse. A great ratio to stick to is twice as many veggies as fruits. Even if you aren't eating fruit blackberries are a very low sugar fruit and since you only ate six...no worries. Just keep following whatever protocol your cleanse calls for and good luck. I've done several and they are hard. :smile:

They are hard on your body. So yes, they are hard.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

It is. 'Cleanses' are a money wasting scam. We are trying to help you.

Right. A forum to support healthy choices. Not a forum to support potentially dangerous & unnecessary choices. There are some excellent posts on here about making good choices. The title says you're doing the master cleanse. Search the forums & you'll find out why you aren't going to get a lot of support.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

No, you just saved yourself from doing a stupid cleanse that will do nothing for you. Try a caloric deficit that meets your nutritional needs and you'll feel much better.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    As long as you still have functioning liver and kidneys, your "cleanse" will work just fine. Also, my pig is dirty. If you know where I can buy some Hogwash, that'd be awesome.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    So are you logging your food and exercise? Sorry, Don't know what the master cleanse is. You might want to check MFP's community guidelines, MFP doesn't support "unsafe" methods of weight loss, so if you are looking for a master cleanse support forum, this would not be it.
  • samdroid
    samdroid Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The snark level in this thread is 100000.

I Know people that swear by the master cleanse, and have upon completing it kept the weight off and look and feel healthier.

I'd attempt it but I'm not a big fan of spontaneous watery diarrhea.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    As long as you still have functioning liver and kidneys, your "cleanse" will work just fine. Also, my pig is dirty. If you know where I can buy some Hogwash, that'd be awesome.

very funny thanks
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    you are a legend
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Git 'er done.

Cat-gifs-cats-15443581-250-231.gif
  • DirtyCurvesAhead
    Options
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    you are a legend
    All I have to do is eat cheese for hat to happen!
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to say anything snarky unlike some of the other posters. I'm going to give you informed advice based on having completed the master cleanse 4 times.

1. You will lose weight
    2. But you probably won't physically look much different
    3. Because you will lose mainly water and muscle mass
    4. And being in a starved state for so long will cause you to binge
    5. And yes you will gain the weight back. EVERY SINGLE TIME!
    6. Unless you adopt a healthy eating regime and eat at maintenance.
    7. But you probably won't follow step 6 as the master cleanse teaches you NOTHING about nutrition

So if I were you eat at TDEE-20% or follow MFP based on your activity level and lose weight at 0.5-2 lbs per week. Like every other person on the planet who needs to lose weight and has basic common sense.