Anyone getting a tattoo once they hit their target weight?

Options
Hey all,

I've heard a few people here saying they want to get a new tattoo or their 1st tattoo when they hit their goal weight. It's also what I want to do. If you were thinking of it, let's here it! Say what and where and why! E.g. I am getting either a quote ("Stick to the fight when hardest hit") or an owl wearing a top hat and monocle holding a pocket watch. Both of these have specific meanings to me but also Owls are my favourite animal!

Anyone wanting to share please do!!

Replies

• ohkurt18
    ohkurt18 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You already know!
  • hurricanegirl13
    Options
    It's definitely on my "rewards" list!

I want something either above both knees, or below the crease behind my knee. I don't know what I want there... but I love those placement areas!
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    im getting a piercing!!
  • ohkurt18
    Options
    Piercings are just as cool! lol
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Any excuse to get another tat xD
  • Princess71117
    Princess71117 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to get another piercing....! I want to get my belly button pierced when I actually feel comfortable in a bikini ^_^ That, and I just love piercings (I have 6 currently)
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've been considering getting one once I get my weight where I want it, or when I'm made 100% at my current job. "Nothing is permanent" on my right shoulder to go with "You are who you choose to be" on my left.
  • RhysWill_I_Ams
    Options
    I love that so many people are doing this! Nicely done guys I'll add you all :) Think piercings are just as cool to! Once you've done it put a picture up!

"If your body is a temple, you may as well decorate the walls"
  • nicko919
    Options
    I did! I got a Dragon to represent my old life and a Phoenix for my new life.
  • ohkurt18
    Options
    I've been considering getting one once I get my weight where I want it, or when I'm made 100% at my current job. "Nothing is permanent" on my right shoulder to go with "You are who you choose to be" on my left.
    I really like those two saying!
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    "Nothing is permanent"

Hmmm.... That might be permanent.
  • ohkurt18
    Options
    But in the total scheme of things nothing is. My tattoo now says any with time this too shall pass, because life on earth is temporary. weather you believe in something after death or not life is temporary.
  • bloggymomx
    Options
    I'm getting a tattoo when I lose 50lbs, which is a little more than half way to my goals. I'm going to get a butterfly on my wrist with my grandparent's initials. Mostly because when my grandparent's died my oldest (who was 4 at the time) said that she saw my grandparents as butterflies. And the funny part is that in the summer whenever we talk about my grandparents two butterflies usually fly by.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Not to my goal but I do want my first now! I can't decide what I want though. I want 13.1 somewhere (foot?) too.
  • 1991court
    1991court Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am getting a Tat on my Ribs after I hit my goal! 73lbs to go!
  • RhysWill_I_Ams
    Options
    I'm getting a tattoo when I lose 50lbs, which is a little more than half way to my goals. I'm going to get a butterfly on my wrist with my grandparent's initials. Mostly because when my grandparent's died my oldest (who was 4 at the time) said that she saw my grandparents as butterflies. And the funny part is that in the summer whenever we talk about my grandparents two butterflies usually fly by.

Sounds like a lovely idea. My fiancée has tattoos of butterflies on her. Its all she wants. She shares a similar idea about people passing referring to them as butterflies.
  • SavageAbbey
    Options
    I just can't bring myself to do this. I worry it might not come out right or I will get tired of it.
  • ReturnToRunning
    Options
    I am getting one next week. Just had it drawn up :)
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I wanted to get a big tat on my back once I hit goal... but once I did I could see some nice muscle definition there and didn't want to cover it up, now I don't know what to do :D
  • ball_FXDWG
    ball_FXDWG Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do, I've always wanted tattoos but have been embarrassed to show any skin really. I'm expecting some pretty wicked scaring around my torso and am going to get some, partially to hopefully cover up the scars somewhat and as kind of a reward to myself.