Around 5ft? What clothes size do you wear?

Options

Replies

• nfgchick79
    nfgchick79 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and weigh about 112 currently. I wear a size 2 in pants but sometimes a 4 depending on the store/style. I wear a small or extra small in shirts. I started at 134 and had gotten up to a size 8 bordering on 10. I was a little less than 112 for a bit but I still wore a 2 and extra small.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    Options
    4ft 11
    Size 10
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You won't know until you lose the weight because everyone carries their fat in different places. Secondly sizes vary so wildly that you'll find it's different with certain stores.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    5'2 currently weight 183 and I finally fit comfortable in 11/12. I started at a 16. I went to a 13/14 after I lost the first 10lbs. I just started to really fit in an 11/12 so I will likely be here until I lose another 10 pounds.
    WOW! 30 years ago when I was that weight at 5'2", I was growing out of size 16.
    It could be vanity sizing or the fact that I had large hips;-)!
  • leapylees
    leapylees Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    4' 10", 118lbs (goal is around 110-111ish) and currently a UK 10-12 (US 6-8). I doubt I'll lose more than another half a clothing size (i.e. I'll probably be nearer a UK 10 when I reach goal). I have wide shoulders and hips and doubt I'll lose much more from there now. At my lightest adult weight I was 96lbs and still a UK 8-10 because of my body shape/structure.
  • cappuccinio
    Options
    5", 110lbs
    I wear 6 US :)
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5'5" and weigh 165 lbs. which is my goal weight right now. I can fit in size 10 pants and size 12 pants, Funny thing is I wore the same size 35 lbs ago when I was young. Sizes are all over the place in today's society. In my entire life I never was in a SINGLE digit
    size. I don't worry about sizes. If it looks good and it fits....it's ok with me.

PS I go up and down 2 lbs over my goal weight so my ticker shows I have 2 lbs to go, but actually I am ONLY up 1.6. LOL
  • dianeb613
    Options
    5'2 currently weight 183 and I finally fit comfortable in 11/12. I started at a 16. I went to a 13/14 after I lost the first 10lbs. I just started to really fit in an 11/12 so I will likely be here until I lose another 10 pounds.
    WOW! 30 years ago when I was that weight at 5'2", I was growing out of size 16.
    It could be vanity sizing or the fact that I had large hips;-)!

It's vanity sizing....
  • Jambalady
    Jambalady Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5 feet, currently 112-113lbs and wearing a size 2. Under 110 I was in a size 0 US sizing.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    5' 2" and in a 0-2 depending on brand. I haven't weighed in months but usually maintain around 108. My heaviest weight was 140-ish and I was in a juniors 13.
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6", 127 pounds, with about 15 more pounds to lose. Currently fit into US size 5 (womens) or 7 (juniors). I started out with US size 22.
  • missmelt
    missmelt Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Wow sizes are really different around the world. Im 5'2"65kg and fit size 10 australian size.
  • rk_19
    rk_19 Posts: 92
    Options
    Im 5"1, and i wear a uk size 8
  • dianeb613
    Options
    Wow sizes are really different around the world. Im 5'2"65kg and fit size 10 australian size.

Sizes are all over the place. Years ago the better made clothing stores sized their clothing smaller. Vanity sizing is what we called it. There was no such thing as a size 0-2 as far as I know because I knew no one who ever fit in that size. My sister weighed 108 when she got married and wore an 8. Sizes years ago had smaller waists than the sizes today. That is why I always fit in a size 10 or 12 when I weighed 125 lbs. Today I wear the same size and I know full well that the sizing today is all out of whack. I probably would be in a size 16 now in yesterday's sizes.
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1"... When i was at my heaviest a few years ago i was a size 12 or 14 jeans and a medium to large shirt... i lost weight and got down to a size 7 junior's or 6 women's and a small or medium shirt. it is possible!!! when i had first lost weight an 8 was too big for me but i went through some stuff and gained about 20 lbs back so now im a 6 or 8 depending on the pair (every pair seems to be different, even within the same styles)... hoping to get to the point that 8s are to big again.
  • cdiveduck
    cdiveduck Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    5'1" 129 lbs
    I wear a size 4
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    5'1" 129 lbs
    I wear a size 4

OOOH you have a great figure. Hope I can get down to your size and a similar weight. Only 1 size to go!
  • wibamagirl
    wibamagirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and in a size 10 womens and a size 13 juniors.I still have forty pounds to go.Edging into a size 11 juniors right now.No idea where I'll be after another forty lbs.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    4'11 98lbs. 0 -2 depending on brand. XS or S.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body structure largely and how your bones are. I'm 5'6" about 142 lbs and I'm right now between a 4-6 in pants and an 8 in shirts. I'm hoping to go a bit smaller ultimately, but I know other woman of my height would be delighted to fit in an 8 due to their bone structure.