What's the best way to get a 6 pack?

Options
2»

Replies

• doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Because I am staying under my calorie goal a little bit but I focus on getting more than 1200

MFP has a deficit built in so you are supposed to try and hit that calorie target, not stay under it.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Because I am staying under my calorie goal a little bit but I focus on getting more than 1200

You need SUBSTANTIALLY more than 1200 calories. Put that number out of your mind--1800 should likely be your minimum.
  • ThatsSOcleve
    Options
    Okay I will try to consume ATLEAST 1800.
  • MelBrooks242
    MelBrooks242 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Abs ripper x, it's on YouTube if you don't have p90x. 20% working out and 80% what is eat! is how you get a 6 pack.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Based on your first post, the other thing you need is some time! You mention you have been working out for 2 weeks.

And my smarty pants answer to your question was "Drive through liquor store."

and definately the saying "abs are made in the kitchen..."
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    You remind me of my son, who wants "ripped abs" he would do 100s of sit ups and crunches but then get mad because he saw no progress.
    He finally listened to his old mom and set up a complete lifting routine. He has seen more "ab" progress from this that from the countless sit ups he was doing.

Also I agree with eating more than 1200, your a young male who is (I assume) physically active. eat, eat well, lift :)
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    In to find out how it's done...
  • xythian
    Options
    You don't really ever need 'ab' work. Any decent compound lift will work your core plenty. You also use your core all day long just for the purpose of being alive. Pretty much everyone has a 6 pack already, it's just covered by body fat. There's a reason people say: "Abs are made in the kitchen!"
  • alecno
    alecno Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    "Abs are made in the gym, but revealed in the kitchen"

Doesn't matter how strong your abs muscles are. You probably have 20+ lbs of fat to lose before you see them.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Fake ID?
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    go to 7-11....you can get a six pack....a 12 pack..... a case..... quarts...

your choice of any kind!

learned that long time ago....

worked ever since.....

DONT DRINK AND DRIVE !
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I'd buy a mini trampoline. You should see abs in about 3 days. 4 days, tops.
  • Bluepopsicle_25
    Bluepopsicle_25 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'd buy a mini trampoline. You should see abs in about 3 days. 4 days, tops.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    At 6'2" 189, a little more muscle mass wouldn't hurt.

Do they show at all now when you flex them? If yes, keep cutting until they get as sharp as you'd like. If no, think about bulking up a bit because you have very little muscle mass.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Diet is 90% of abs, exercise is 10%. Healthy diet full of fruits and veggies. It takes TIME.

Okay, lol little bit of trolling in the community I'm okay with that.

I know I have some fat however, to build abs... What's the best exercise for the abs like without equipment.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!