New guys needs help - Phentermine / Bupropion script

Options

Replies

• cheezscott
    cheezscott Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think you just need to wait a month and evaluate. You have completely changed your hormonal profile. It's going to take some time to see the difference. Too many variables at play now, with the addition of test and phentermine.

So your thinking the T will build muscle over time and loose fat, which it should, What do you think about one my 2 cheat days of raising cals to 2800 to allow for a cheat and cycle those?
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    With all the crap spelling, I don't know how anyone understood this.

I agree with Cranq that a kickstart isn't needed.
    1200 is low for a dude.
    And fruit is delicious.
    So is cheese.
    This is why I don't follow paleo.
  • cheezscott
    Options
    Its not obv, as Trojan pointed out im still at a deficit, and 3 out of 35 meals I wouldn't call bad. Thats why Im looking for help. To your point its not working in that im 256 with 30 plus BF
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    The cheat meals are killing you. You can't expect the benefits of a paleo diet and drink 15-20 beers per week.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    How many wings do you have each night you have wings? Six wings is different than 12 or 18, plus the sauce. Are you logging the sauce? Plus 5-6 beers at 300 calories each. And how big is the burger? That can derail you if you scrutinize the math. Look at the nutritional value for a wing sauce online. Two tablespoons of the stuff can have 260 calories and the sodium is through the roof usually, figure 5-6 servings of sauce on say 12 wings (I can easily eat 12 wings and I'm female, heck I can devour 18 wings) if the wings are soaked in sauce, plus they are usually fried in some kind of oil depending on where you get them from. That 2-3 times a week is hardly paleo plus the beer.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I think you just need to wait a month and evaluate. You have completely changed your hormonal profile. It's going to take some time to see the difference. Too many variables at play now, with the addition of test and phentermine.

So your thinking the T will build muscle over time and loose fat, which it should, What do you think about one my 2 cheat days of raising cals to 2800 to allow for a cheat and cycle those?

i think that works. I'd just make sure that on days you DO cheat, the total calories is still under maintenance, which for you I'm guessing is somewhere around 3000 Calories. So don't eat more than 1800 Calories of burger and beer.
    That 2-3 times a week is hardly paleo plus the beer.

This has been said a couple times...who cares? What absurd dogma teaches that you fail if you don't stick to an arbitrary diet methodology 100% of the time? He's not prepping for Mr. Olympia. There is no magic that kicks in at 100% Paleo vs 90% Paleo.
  • cheezscott
    Options
    With all the crap spelling, I don't know how anyone understood this.

I agree with Cranq that a kickstart isn't needed.
    1200 is low for a dude.
    And fruit is delicious.
    So is cheese.
    This is why I don't follow paleo.

Well its needed in that Im doing everything right IMO and not loosing. I know 1200 is low we've discussed that, fruit is delicious and so are milkshakes - both have sugar, I don't do well with my BS when I have sugar. If its in your wheelhouse and you convert it well god bless. I live in Madison WI and am a member of SloFood. Sorry unless the cheese is a raw milk or non dairy cheese its pretty much crap. And again I dont do well with dairy so i eliminate it. Nuts Im fine, Nightshades Im fine, so I eat those
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If your doctor advised 1200 for medical reasons, then stick with that or get a second opinion. If that's not the case, then increase calories, but make sure you are accurately measuring and tracking.

Also Bupropion can have a side effect of weight gain.

I understand about the health concerns and genetics. My mom died at 35 of undetermined medical causes. I am 36 and worry that I could have the same fate and leave my children motherless.

:flowerforyou: Good Luck.

Bupropion doesn't have a side effect of weight gain. If anything it has an effect of weight loss because it makes you less hungry.

More common
    •Abdominal or stomach pain
    •constipation
    •decrease in appetite
    •dizziness
    •increased sweating
    •trembling
    •weight loss
    Less common •Blurred vision
    •change in sense of taste
    •drowsiness
    •frequent need to urinate
    •sore throat
    •unusual feeling of wellbeing
  • cheezscott
    Options
    The cheat meals are killing you. You can't expect the benefits of a paleo diet and drink 15-20 beers per week.

Your probably right. I may go superclean for 30d and see what happens. If Im still stuck theres some thyroid, auto immune issue underlying...
  • Hozman121
    Hozman121 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When I started 12-14 weeks ago with a board certified wellness doctor I was placed on phentermine to help kick start things and help with hunger. I was placed on 1400 calorie diet. Last week had my test tested and was 220. I elected to get test in pellet form. Slow releasing, and I get the pellets 3x a year. The one thing the doctor said the test would do for me help with endurance at gym, help with lean muscle and help lose fat in lower abd. Now only been 6 days so can't say if there is any difference with test yet.

Now that I am working out I have had my calorie intake increased to 1800. Talk to your doctor that is giving you the test and phentermine and see what they say. Ask about more calories daily cause 1200 plus all the exercise doesn't seem like enough but I am not a doctor.

Also see if you can go somewhere and get a BCA done every couple weeks or monthly. At my doctor they cost $20. It really has helped me to see the other numbers. The bigger picture as you will to see that maybe the scale didn't move much but you lost body fat or gained water weight or lean muscle.
  • cheezscott
    Options
    If your doctor advised 1200 for medical reasons, then stick with that or get a second opinion. If that's not the case, then increase calories, but make sure you are accurately measuring and tracking.

Also Bupropion can have a side effect of weight gain.

I understand about the health concerns and genetics. My mom died at 35 of undetermined medical causes. I am 36 and worry that I could have the same fate and leave my children motherless.

:flowerforyou: Good Luck.

Bupropion doesn't have a side effect of weight gain. If anything it has an effect of weight loss because it makes you less hungry.

More common
    •Abdominal or stomach pain
    •constipation
    •decrease in appetite
    •dizziness
    •increased sweating
    •trembling
    •weight loss
    Less common •Blurred vision
    •change in sense of taste
    •drowsiness
    •frequent need to urinate
    •sore throat
    •unusual feeling of wellbeing

Yep not a wonderdrug, many drawbacks. But its a 90d run and monitored daily so we'll see what happens along with trying to tighten the play dates
  • cheezscott
    Options
    How many wings do you have each night you have wings? Six wings is different than 12 or 18, plus the sauce. Are you logging the sauce? Plus 5-6 beers at 300 calories each. And how big is the burger? That can derail you if you scrutinize the math. Look at the nutritional value for a wing sauce online. Two tablespoons of the stuff can have 260 calories and the sodium is through the roof usually, figure 5-6 servings of sauce on say 12 wings (I can easily eat 12 wings and I'm female, heck I can devour 18 wings) if the wings are soaked in sauce, plus they are usually fried in some kind of oil depending on where you get them from. That 2-3 times a week is hardly paleo plus the beer.

I know its not paleo, hence the 90%.. 3 meals out of 35. Its most likely whats killing me tho, youre right!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

I know its not paleo, hence the 90%.. 3 meals out of 35. Its most likely whats killing me tho, youre right!

You didnt answer any of the questions posed there.
  • cheezscott
    Options
    Is there a setting for when ever someone post or replies for me to get an alarm or EM? Thanks
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    In for later
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Yep not a wonderdrug, many drawbacks. But its a 90d run and monitored daily so we'll see what happens along with trying to tighten the play dates

Nope, it's definitely not a wonder drug, but if you need it and it works for you, stick with it. It isn't associated with weight gain to the same degree that other antidepressants are -- in fact, weight loss is a commonly reported side effect. Keep in mind that it can take awhile to take full effect and for the initial side effects to even out, but if you're committing to a monitored 90-day initial course, you should be able to accurately gauge how it's affecting you.
  • cheezscott
    Options
    When I started 12-14 weeks ago with a board certified wellness doctor I was placed on phentermine to help kick start things and help with hunger. I was placed on 1400 calorie diet. Last week had my test tested and was 220. I elected to get test in pellet form. Slow releasing, and I get the pellets 3x a year. The one thing the doctor said the test would do for me help with endurance at gym, help with lean muscle and help lose fat in lower abd. Now only been 6 days so can't say if there is any difference with test yet.

Now that I am working out I have had my calorie intake increased to 1800. Talk to your doctor that is giving you the test and phentermine and see what they say. Ask about more calories daily cause 1200 plus all the exercise doesn't seem like enough but I am not a doctor.

Also see if you can go somewhere and get a BCA done every couple weeks or monthly. At my doctor they cost $20. It really has helped me to see the other numbers. The bigger picture as you will to see that maybe the scale didn't move much but you lost body fat or gained water weight or lean muscle.

Does the phen help with anything but hunger cravings? I thought it helps with metabolism too...How were your first few days? Im on day 5 and basically experiencing every symptom...
  • cheezscott
    Options

Nope, it's definitely not a wonder drug, but if you need it and it works for you, stick with it. It isn't associated with weight gain to the same degree that other antidepressants are -- in fact, weight loss is a commonly reported side effect. Keep in mind that it can take awhile to take full effect and for the initial side effects to even out, but if you're committing to a monitored 90-day initial course, you should be able to accurately gauge how it's affecting you.

Voice of reason...Thank you!
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.

Are you eating tiny little burgers, or big half pounders? Are you drinking lite beer are heavy beer? There is too much info missing. But what I read looks like your 3 days of 1200 are completely wiped out by your 4 days of 3500.