30 day shred challenge (December)

Options
Someone started a 30 Day Shred in November challenge and I failed. Hurt my neck and couldn't do much exercise, other than walking.
So I'm starting again!!!!!
I began Level 1 on Monday and am determined to do the Shred everyday this week. I'll start level 2 next Monday.
I'm not doing any records, so any measurements you post will purely be for your own records.
I weighed in at 200lbs on Monday, ONEderland is sooooooooooooooo close!!!! And I'll take some measurements later today and let's hope there's some difference.

It's going to be difficult for all of us during December to stay on track so I'm hoping this will help!

Replies

• philip31
    philip31 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started it Friday... My legs were sooo sore the first 3 days...
  • rshellb
    Options
    Count me in for the Challenge!!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    30 Shred or any dvd doing circuit training using weights should not be done everyday! DO it everyother day doing either her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism dvd or interval cardio training in between. IF you do Shred everyday you will be more likely to over train and get injured :-)
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I can't do it every day...too hard on my joints.
  • bikinimission
    Options
    Ooooh, I'm going to add this every day this month that I don't do Spin - thanks for putting the idea in my head it will be a fantastic last push to Christmas!!

:)
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I want to join too. I might do it every other day and then some cardio on the off days.
  • edinphx
    edinphx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm in, started on Monday. so today is day 3 of level 1
    Ed
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I started on Monday as well. Today was the hardest day so far to get out of bed and do it, but I did. I tried P90x a few weeks ago and gotdrained real fast. I love that 30 day shred is only 20 minutes! That means 1/2 more sleep for me :happy:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Started on Monday as well. I try to do it in the mornings and am going to start rotating yoga and walking at night when I can. :drinker:
  • FlynSunshine
    Options
    I'm in! I'm aiming for 5-7x/week among training for the Tough Mudder and my half marathon coming up. I'm sure we can fit an extra 20 minutes in somewhere. (*shudders at the thought of getting up earlier...*)
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) I started on Monday.

I know this workout works - I lost quite a bit doing it in the Spring. I have the Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism DVD too but I get bored really easily.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you all for joining me! The last topic I posted was entitled 'Just Dance' and most people thought it was about Lady Gaga, but It was about the Wii game (which I thoroughly enjoy!).
    I'm determined to get up to level 3 before Christmas! Just doing level 1 as much as possible this week.
    I have a morning off work tomorrow so I'm thinking I'll give it a rest! But I am going swimming!
  • nursecadet
    Options
    I started this Monday as well, with a huge group of people on tumblr. :) Glad to see that there's a group doing it over here as well. I'm mostly following Anita for now...hope to work my way more over to Natalie soon!
  • edinphx
    edinphx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 3 done, shoulders are still sore but things are getting better
    Ed
  • looby1968
    Options
    I started this Monday as well, with a huge group of people on tumblr. :) Glad to see that there's a group doing it over here as well. I'm mostly following Anita for now...hope to work my way more over to Natalie soon!

I will be following Anita throughout the levels for now. As the weight drops and stamina improves, I shall look to Natalie (noticed how she slacks a little when she thinks the camera isn't on her???).
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I will be following Anita throughout the levels for now. As the weight drops and stamina improves, I shall look to Natalie (noticed how she slacks a little when she thinks the camera isn't on her???).
    I noticed that too! :laugh: I've started to follow her through a lot of the strength moves, at least as far as lunging deeper and such. Still can't do the full pushups the whole time...but I WILL get there.
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Day 4 all done!!! I was much more tired today doing it. My chest hurts lol. I hope my strength comes back for tomorrow. I am also following Anita for most things, butt kicks I can do like Natalie....but I hate jump rope. It hurts my knees.
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I finished day 3 last night... the moves are getting easier :)

Anyone know how to track this under Exercise?
  • looby1968
    Options
    I finished day 3 last night... the moves are getting easier :)

Anyone know how to track this under Exercise?

Some people use 'circuit training' but I used my heart rate watch.
  • looby1968
    Options
    Finished my 4th day. Going to do another day, then move up to level 2 ( I have been doing the dvd on and off for around 2 months so I feel like I've done around 20 days on level 1).