Pear shaped ladies

Options

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Pear here! My starting size in jeans was a 10. I now fit into a 6. My thighs started at 25 inches. They're now 21 inches. My hips were 42 inches. They're now 37 inches.
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have similar stats. Went from a 36-34-41 to a 34-25.5-35. I cycle a lot, do compound lifts (deadlifts, squats, etc) and, honestly, the thing that helped me lose inches in the butt, hip, thigh area the most was cutting calories to about a 300-400 deficit per day. Good luck, you CAN fight nature, lol!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I use to do Hot Yoga for 90mins.. but before go to the gym and just do some basic cardio and weights before(felt it actually helped me a lot in the yoga.. body was warmed up?).. so yah it does end up being like 2.5 hrs of working out.. but only once or twice a week then just hr at gym other days but i had WICKED THIGHS! Hard effort pays off.
    I hate Hot yoga now.. and also cant afford it so back to the basics lol
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hello from another pear!

I've lost about 20 lbs from lots of cardio (running, HIIT) with the occasional weights. But I've learnt to love and accept the fact that we can't spot reduce fat - so we just have to burn, baby, burn.

Posting my before and after pictures here and you can see despite the 20 lbs loss, my thighs and hips are still fairly chunky. I'm doing more leg curls, extensions and squats as compared to before just to define those areas a bit more.

In terms of sizing, I used to wear UK 14 tops and bottoms; whereas now I can fit into a UK 10/12 top and UK 12 bottom.

What I can suggest is that if you don't like raining, you can check out fitness blender on youtube for their high-intensity interval training videos. All you need is space, a good pair of sports shoes (to absorb impact from jumps, etc) and maybe a yoga mat. They're quite challenging, but very rewarding! Take longer breaks in between if you need to, but always remember to keep your heart rate up.

All the very best! :)

29didfa.jpg
    You look AWESOME!!! your weight loss has really done amazing things to your body!! your so much more toned!!!!
  • commotionstrange
    commotionstrange Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey! Fellow pear :) I'm 37-30-44, 5'7. My start weight was 194ish and my current weight is 162, aiming first for 145 and then 135ish. I'm also curious about how people were successful!

I do ballet which is really more strength training than cardio, hot yoga and cycle (when it isn't freezing cold!), but am interested in heavy weight training.

Looking forward to the responses!
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    In for the advice...
  • Flab2Thin
    Options
    Bump.

Pear shape here.

Cyrrent measurements 38 - 32 - 44 uk 16/18

Trying to get back to my previous size (during 2011) 32 - 26 - 36 uk 10/12

Got a long way to go :ohwell:
  • Roberta__F
    Options
    Very much a pear shape here, though I'm still hoping to magically transform into an hourglass once a few pounds are off...
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4' pear shaped(like all my weight is in my thighs and butt) and lost 25 pounds. I started at a size 13 (juniors) and now I'm a 11 when I buy them to fit my thighs and belt the waist.

I don't actually understand the dislike pear shapes have for themselves, I take great pride in my big booty lol. Plus we usually have a small waist/tummy.

I'm almost done, despite my still large bottom half, but you can definitely tell where I lose all my weight from lol
    beforefatrerbkini_zps81deebbf.png
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4' pear shaped(like all my weight is in my thighs and butt) and lost 25 pounds. I started at a size 13 (juniors) and now I'm a 11 when I buy them to fit my thighs and belt the waist.

I don't actually understand the dislike pear shapes have for themselves, I take great pride in my big booty lol. Plus we usually have a small waist/tummy.

I'm almost done, despite my still large bottom half, but you can definitely tell where I lose all my weight from lol

You look very hour-glassy!
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options

You look amazing!

I think the dislike I have for my shape is because that's where I gain weight first and lose weight last. It's just annoying. When I'm at my "normal" weight, I actually like it, because I always have a flat stomach and a shapely booty! I'd much rather have my butt than a pancake butt, that's for sure!
  • goalie234
    goalie234 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Nice post ! Very inspiring .. Im a pear shape too and my muffin tops and saddle bags are so hard to lose ..c an anyone tell me any specific exercise which helped you bring down those ?? ( i know we cant spot reduce , and i do calorie control , cardio and strength train .. Just asking for any additional exercise )
  • frecklesandfries
    frecklesandfries Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear too. For me it isn't just about where I store fat: I have a relatively wide pelvis... One day in a delivery room I'd be thankful. Anyway, in addition to losing fat that you have, I'd say work on toning your legs, thighs and butt. And squat! My legs aren't tiny, especially comparing to my waist that's really small. But they are super strong and have nice muscles. So for the first time in my life, I think, I don't hate my whole lower body. Use it as an advantage!

YES! This! My doctor had to do an xray of my abdomen and pointed out that I had a large pelvis as well and commented about how much easier delivery will be! Not to exciting to hear as a 23 year old but one day I will be happy for it!
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    For some strange reason I thought my sister, my mom and I were the only existing pears out there. I thought I was the only one who couldn't go into a store and buy jeans off the rack without having the waist 3 sizes too big.

You ladies all look fabulous! I hope I can look like that one day too.
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    GUYS no two bodies will loose weight then same. Just because someone is a pear and looses fat in the stomach/thighs does not mean you will. Work to your capabilities not others.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I'm a Pear. I used to think I was an hourglass, but my "chest" is too small for that!

I was a size 16 pants, now I'm a 10. Hoping for an 8, at least.
  • blairwi
    blairwi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do you count calories? i'm pear shaped too - I started off doing 1 hour of cardio (spinning and cycling on bike at gym) and 30mins weights x5 a week and I put on 7kgs and my t-shirts were too small for me - my muscles grew so big that the arms and chest area of t-shirts wouldn't fit!!! :-(
    I have since left the weights out completely, do 90mins x4 a week of spinning and indoor cycling and have 1500cals a day. Let's see how this goes......
  • sberry225
    sberry225 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI! Fellow pear here! I'm 5'7 and still pear shaped but down from a size 12 to 6

SW:182
    CW:140
    GW:135

I don't have my starting measurements, but here are my current stats.

Bust:34"
    Waist:28"
    Hips:40"

[img]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h245/sydneyalaina25/Facebook/Instagram Photos/64e48edc-d08e-4600-b3e0-78fa8a9d9ed6_zps68812cb6.jpg[/img]
  • PurpleDragon87
    PurpleDragon87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Another pear here!

5'6"
    CM: 34-32-42
    CW: 144.2

I'm currently doing The Butt Bible and the 30 Day Butt Lift. Both are free on YouTube! :)
  • alexisbrisby
    alexisbrisby Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump because i'm a pear too :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!