Replies

• paulasimons1257
    Options
    found this really helpful. Check it out  http://flfreviews.weebly.com
  • Paula038
    Paula038 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    found this really helpful. Check it out  http://flfreviews.weebly.com

So you have just joined, and you made two posts in one day, both advertising the same site. Did you read the rules on advertising?
  • pammyiam
    pammyiam Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me in. About to turn 50. A year and a half ago I lost over 40 pounds using MFP and my FitBit and have gone back to square one. I started exercising again however it's harder this time around. Anyone here feel free to add me as your friend, I need the support of those in the same boat.
  • dietonthego
    dietonthego Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You can friend me. Maryann
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I had surgical menopause 24 yrs. ago... in my 50's now and battling the belly among other things have a 100 lbs. to lose oh wait 97 lbs. :) (lost three)

you certainly can add me as a friend if you'd like (anyone else too) I'm on here everyday.
  • cindagrif
    cindagrif Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I just turned 59 and menopause has sure made me put on the weight and I am having a very hard time getting it off.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Counting calories and resistance training. I also enjoy running, so I do quite a bit of that. I haven't found it particularly difficult to keep my body fat where I like it to be since menopause.
  • KatherinesRiver
    Options
    Oh yea, night sweats, mood swings, nibbling, more mood swings, nibbling, being tired. I know all about it. I've had to eliminate caffeine. Darn it. I have found that I need to cut back on animal protein. After doing both of those things I must have cut night sweats by 50%. Can't take hormones for medical reasons. :smooched:
  • cindagrif
    cindagrif Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The night sweats kill me!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

But don't forget the cardio! From the article referenced above:

"She thinks big. Once she began to see the effects of lifting weights, Shepherd dedicated herself to becoming the oldest fitness competitor. Then, she took up running, which led to her completing eight marathons."
  • joylevelup
    joylevelup Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm there too!
  • familyfirst77
    familyfirst77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Anna I been trying to lose weight and I'm gaining. Im, 58. I have always weight about 145.I'm 5'3, But I have been gaining in just this last week. I can't workout because I'm injured from a car accident I have worked out my whole life before the accident. Dr Oz had a show on some natural pills that help do you you anything about this? I try to count my caloric's but I'm alway's going over. I eat healthy. I just don't know what to say it's depressing.
  • paulie1954
    paulie1954 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    anybody want t be a buddy? I'm 60 years old, have a goal of losing at least 50 pounds but actually need to lose about 70. I'm down 2 or 3 now. It is SLOW. Menopause, a replaced hip that is throwing off my balance, a sedentary lifestyle and a boyfriend that loves to drink and dine out contribute to my weight-loss battle! I'd love any friendly competition, inspiration, encouragement, and laughs. We (hopefully) can do this!! Paulie (female)
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request - I'm 47 and going through peri-menopause.

Am experiencing the night sweats........

I'm in maintenance - but what really helped me is lifting weights....three times a week, for at least a half hour each time.

I don't lift a ton of weight; a lot of the things I do are basic: squats, push-ups, sit-ups, lunges, planks - I have a Universal Gym and some free weights. Once you start - and develop a routine - it's not as intimidating as it sounds...........I feel a LOT better, and it keeps the weight off (along with a good amount of cardio)!

Now - now to deal with these wrinkles...........LOL!
  • Slc1emc2
    Slc1emc2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 52yrs old and badly need to lose weight, or I am afraid the DR will be giving me all kinds of pills.. Yuck! I am the mother of a 16 and 21 year old girls and I am constantly on the go with them. I joined the Park District fitness center, but it seems that I am always taking my youngest to cheerleading practice or games or tumbling. Last Monday, I broken down and joined Weight Watchers. That is how desperate I have become.
    I finally figured out that I can't do it myself. I also downloaded the "Everymove" app on my phone that is connected to MyFitnessPal. I guess, only time will tell.
    Good luck to all of you.
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am on here most days. I am not menopausal yet, but turning 50 (today) and have many peri symptoms, the most concerning is the weight gain! Have been working out, counting calories, but just started a routine this month of cardio and weights on alternate days. I do feel a disturbance in the force (gravity?) and am really enjoying the routine.
  • KDJS1988
    KDJS1988 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can friend me as well. I'm facing the same challenges and also need support by others who understand the difficulties that we face day to day in this journey.
    :happy:
  • mich1760
    Options
    I am 53 and lost 25 pounds almost 2 years ago. Life intervened and now I am back again having gained it back. I am post menapausal and would love to have a support group. Feel free to friend me.
  • mommalerchen
    mommalerchen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll join you too! Trying this again - just have to get my mind into the proper place and work hard at it. Have a work conference in April that I will be seeing alot of people that I talk over the phone with but seldom see. Just want them to remember a skinny friendly face when they talk to me after it! :)
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

23 and menopause