From Obesity to a Healthy BMI! (lots of pics)

Options

Replies

• SandraD1424
    SandraD1424 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful
  • Healthy_NutMom
    Healthy_NutMom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations, and thank you for posting such great pictures! You are an inspiration! :happy:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    You look great, and I am so happy for you!!! I totally understand the battle with depression and emotional eating, as you know. You are such an inspiration!! :heart:
  • ninu13
    ninu13 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Amazing! great job girl! :drinker:
  • MissSarahAllison315
    Options
    You just looks AWESOME!!!! So amazing to see people get their lives turned back around on this site!! :)
  • sloeginlin
    sloeginlin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I have read every word and it is as though you were talking about my life story, up and down since I was about 13. Depression, anxiety you name it, I have it. I am now 61! You have given me so much inspiration. Congratulations on your wonderful loss.
  • TinTinTin111
    TinTinTin111 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Awesome! :smile:
  • akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!!!
  • paulie1954
    paulie1954 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    OMG You have such a beautiful shape at every weight. I'm proud of you. I was amazed because my numbers follow you so closely and I wear the same clothes now that you did at your heaviest! I'm lots older than you, but you are my new inspiration. I weigh 215 but finally am going to do this thing. My 3 boys worry about me and I have a little grandbaby now that I want to see grow up. Thank you for your story!!!! Pauline
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Absolutely amazing! I love how you just kept pushing. You didn't give up, and you look fantastic!!!
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    You're so awesome! Keep killing it!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    YAY! YAY! YAY!

I'm so glad to read this today! So glad you got the help you needed and haven't given up on you.
  • kimkay1985
    kimkay1985 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm an emotional eater also so I know what you went thru. How did you change? I have tried some meditation and exercise and it seems to be working for me. Also I don't keep any of my 'go to' food in the house. That gives me time to think before I eat.
  • bethshines
    bethshines Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    congratulations! You are an inspiration!! Thank you for sharing the post and the pics!:drinker:
  • Vera145
    Vera145 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Love your sense of humor! So glad you got down to what was eating YOU and tackled it. Life is full of wrenches - but whatever. You look fab!
  • LilacCatTessa
    LilacCatTessa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. What an inspiration. :)
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Good for you!

I think the healthiest thing you did was change your attitude and relationship with food. This new mindset will help you keep it off!
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating is one of the toughest things to break out of, but you're proof that with determination and perseverance, it's totally achievable - complete inspiration. You look fantastic!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I want to first take a moment to thank each of you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it, and it means a lot to me that I have such support even from strangers!

Secondly, I completely forgot to post this side by side pic in the OP (sorry!)

1890995_10102031817039255_1658975810_n.jpg

Congratulations! I'm an emotional eater also so I know what you went thru. How did you change? I have tried some meditation and exercise and it seems to be working for me. Also I don't keep any of my 'go to' food in the house. That gives me time to think before I eat.

Thank you!

To be honest, I think I screwed up a LOT along the way. It was not easy to get control. It took me 3 years to get 64 lbs off, so it was very slow going. Keeping trigger foods out of the house is important in the beginning. Once you get more confidence in your ability to keep control, then you can reintroduce them slowly.

How did I change is a tough question. It was gradual and really the biggest changes occurred after I treated the underlying problem: depression. My advice would be to figure out what is driving your emotional eating issues and address that. The eating will fix itself when you do that.
  • slr90
    slr90 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!