Sometimes you just don't feel like eating?

Options
BeyMe
BeyMe Posts: 43 Member
I've been feeling like this lately. I have no taste for anything, but I know I need to eat. What do you do when you have days like this?

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Make my favorite foods. I love breakfast. So if I dont have a taste for anything .. I make eggs, bacon, toast. Always seems to hit the spot.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I've been feeling like this lately. I have no taste for anything, but I know I need to eat. What do you do when you have days like this?

Depends on how I feel. If I feel strong, I won't eat. If I know from training I need to eat, I'll eat.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I've honestly never had that problem... I'm pretty much always up for chowing down! :wink:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,426 Member
    Options
    The only time that happens to me is if I'm sick or depressed. Homemade chicken noodle soup always does the trick there.
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    This is me today! Waaay under calories but just blah.
  • RachyD21
    RachyD21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Nope, this has never happened to me, lol. Even when I had dengue fever I wanted to eat. I couldn't, but I wanted to!

I guess you have to eat something you love - or drink some calories. Protein shake?
  • darkfrost47
    Options
    I'm regularly around 1,000 calories away from my daily goal. If no one reminds me to eat I just sort of forget. I have no health problems that I know of and am categorized as "fit", so there don't seem to be any real problems. If it works for you then no big deal.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I honestly never have trouble eating. I eat everything and anything and have to make a conscious effort to stop!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I balance my calories over the course of the week, so I find that when I have a low-calorie day, I almost always will have a high-calorie day to make up for it. If it happens over a course of weeks and weeks, then it would become a concern, otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Load up what you are eating with denser foods.
    I love to add: Cheese, Olive Oil (to cooking) Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Beer.

Dont often have the problem with not wanting to eat. I loves the foods!
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i'm probably going to be lucky hitting 500 cals today, and i'm not going to even attempt to get any extra in, but to be fair i have been up all night with a stomach bug, seems to have run it's course but i'm not going to risk overloading my system just in case, nice bowl of leek and potato soup later and that might be it.
    if your not ill and you genuinely don't feel like eating much try having higher calorie count foods, or slip a couple of protein shakes in
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I've felt this in the last week and a half, where you change from weight loss to maintenance mode, the problem with this mode is, you know you got to eat to meet your higher calorie goal or you risk losing wanted weight, I feel over eat myself because I prefer healthy food over junk food, but junk food would be a quick fix, but afraid if I start eating even small portions of junk food again, I would be my first step into returning back to my old habits.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Never had a problem eating. When switching to maintenance I remained a bit scared to eat - not going up to my calories in case I got fat again - but now I leave myself a cushion a few days so I can have a bit more weekends or if I'm eating out.

The only time I've had less than 1000 calories a day was when I had a stomach bug and couldn't eat anything.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Since I watch a weekly deficit rather than a daily one, a single visit to a restaurant where I ate what I wanted would easily take care of a situation like this for two weeks. :ohwell: No wonder I gained weight regularly eating at restaurants.
  • akomantoso
    Options
    I definitely have this issue when I am stressed or sad, but usually those are the times when I can still find calorie dense or indulgent foods appealing...or if not food alcohol. So nutbutter, avocado, cheese, alcohol, dessert foods, chocolate, vanilla soy lattes
  • thetimenexyear
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I have those days quite frequently. I thought maybe it as a bought of depression. Really I'm a starver/binge eater. I've been at this going on my 3rd month. I've lost 8 lbs. In reflection after a workout I just feel exhausted, I don't want to smell food let alone chew it down. I think I'm mad at food for getting me into this mess. lol. I know it sounds weird but I told my trainer that I'm mad I work out 6 days a week for no less than an hour and only have 4 lbs a month to show for it.
    It was pointed out to me there's a fight with myself going on due to fear. Fear of being happy for loosing the weight and being noticed? Fear of dealing with the emotional baggage?
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. I think as long as your getting enough protein / fat and nutrients from what you do manage to eat then the odd day (don't let it become prolonged) when you don't feel that hungry is fine.

Nuts are a great thing to have a handful of every now and then, because there high in fat and quite high in calories.

I tend to not eat till about 1 - 2 pm or sometimes a bit later, but by that time I am ready to eat a decent sized lunch.

Main thing is keep tabs on it - it's okay not to feel hungry all the time and not to have food cravings, but make sure you are getting some decent food in you.

definitely keep your food diary up to date so you can see straight away of things are spiralling out of control.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I'm regularly around 1,000 calories away from my daily goal. If no one reminds me to eat I just sort of forget. I have no health problems that I know of and am categorized as "fit", so there don't seem to be any real problems. If it works for you then no big deal.
    Your fit, meaning your not over weight, your short by 1000 calories often, but say that's ok.........please disregard this advice, it's not a good head space to be in.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Even if I don't feel like eating, I try to reach 1200 calories. It doesn't always work, but I try.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Its easy to reach 1200 calories - its not easy if you're being overly restrictive and cutting out large groups of foods. Realistically, anyone who has trouble eating 1200 calories a day would not be here with a weight issue! (Medical conditions excepted of course).

The other way you might not reach 1200 is if you are estimating portion sizes - get a food scale and weigh things like pasta, rice, granola etc. If I did not weigh my granola I could easily pour out a double-size serving without it looking like much at all! But you must weigh rather than use cups - think how much more macaroni you can fit into a cup than those large pasta shells, for example!