pre-workout energy?

Options
Any suggestions for something to get going before a workout? I've tried the gummies and jelly beans, not so much. occasionally i'll cheat on a monster and that usually rocks me out :)

Replies

• Hozman121
    Hozman121 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like buzzerk by complete nutrition or I just started using Neon Volt sold at GNC. I like it and doesn't make you feel like you are on crank.....tried Jack3D once and thought my heart was going to explode....I dont recommend it. Purest have told me just a cup of straight black coffee but hate the taste of that.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    ditto. I have tried coffee a million times, and uh... can't do it.
  • tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    If you want to throw money away (like me) C4 extreme is pretty good. Once I finish my last container, I'm stopping and going to cafinee pills.
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If you want to throw money away (like me) C4 extreme is pretty good. Once I finish my last container, I'm stopping and going to cafinee pills.

I did C4 for a while, made me itch. I have since switched to AC/G3 and have not noticed any side effects, but have all the energy I need through my work out.
  • mindyvanwesten
    Options
    I love my E & E from beach body! it is great!
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the throwing away money, I use ACG3 from GNC, it's 70.00 a canister. I like the watermelon flavor, it tastes like a jolly rancher, and within 15 minutes, my skin is all tingly, and I'm ready to rock out :bigsmile:

Oh, also edited to add besides the temporary tingly feeling, which usually wears off after I start working out, I don't get any headaches of feeling of nausea or dizziness like some other brands have caused me.
  • Srarojas
    Srarojas Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal with honey and a couple of egg whites 90 minutes prior, then right now am taking Neon Volt 20 - 30 minutes prior to workout. I have head that Advocare energy drinks are the best and are all natural though.
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had a personal trainer that said an apple about 45 minutes before the work out. It really worked great for me and he worked my butt off for a full hour and I was good until I got home.
  • pinaypanda87
    pinaypanda87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I drink Amino Energy... I mix a blender bottle with the mix and sip on it throughout the whole workout and i find i have way more energy and stamina to go on =) Best thing ive use so far, i highly recommend.
  • julies90
    julies90 Posts: 646 Member
    Options

C4 is awesome!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    The two active ingredients in those expensive pre-workouts people spend 70 bucks a bottle on that are actually just around 15 bucks of you aren't a sucker:

vivarin-caffeine-pills-1.jpg

11031250_201307051205.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Candy is what I usually use if I need a pre-workout burst. I don't care for Monster, but Red Bull...yep done that too.
  • badbull69
    badbull69 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Have tried many of them. I loved Jack3d, but they took out the Di-Methylane. So Have tried Assult, C4, had no good experience with either. Right now Im how Juggernaut by Infinite Labs. It has the beta-atalene (spelling) in it, my body feels like it has a spark plug inside it...love the feeling.

I think its gonna be trial error, to be honest.
  • tigergem86
    tigergem86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like to use Advocare Spark. Its only 45 cals for 1 scoop
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The two active ingredients in those expensive pre-workouts people spend 70 bucks a bottle on that are actually just around 15 bucks of you aren't a sucker:

Vivarin gives me a stomach ache. :sick:

Be careful with caffeine in a pill, people! :flowerforyou:
  • kamkam23430
    kamkam23430 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I drink an Advocare Spark about 30 minutes before my run/workout and it works wonders for me. They taste pretty good too!
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options

Guess I'm a sucker, but I've tried a few things here and there, and I guess the good thing about GNC is if you don't like it, you can return it. The cost completely sucks though. But it works without any of the side effects I've gotten before, so I guess it fairs out for me. lol
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal every morning before the gym.
  • pluto2626
    pluto2626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I really like Advocare's Sparks energy drink. Always gives me the energy I need!
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and a banana does the trick for me. It's pretty cheap, too!