Became a beachbody coach for discond??

Options
I have been doing Insanity for a little more than 2 weeks. I haven't lose any weight, not even a pound and I am trying so hard! I am so tired after the work out. I got a protein shake 3 days ago and hopefully it will make me feel better after the workout.
I am looking for something else to do because I do not see results. So I found the shakeology, I haven't try it yet mostly because its expensive . I have 2 kids and spending $150 a months in shakes its lots for me.
I was really close to give up insanity but then I talk myself into finishing the first months and if i dont see any difference leave it... Its just sooo frustating!!
My question is: can I sign in to be a coach for the discont?? If so how much would I really save? Which flavor taste better??
I am 5,6 and 170lbs hoping to lose 50lb in 6 months

Thanks

Replies

• KatissimusDorsi
    Options
    Definitely do NOT try to become a coach for some discount on Shakeology. That is so much more trouble than it's worth.

Shakeology is not magic - it's just like any other protein powder/meal replacement. Just buy a cheaper protein powder if you're looking for a protein supplement or shake meal replacement.

As far as why you are not losing weight:

1) It's only been 2 weeks, so perhaps not seeing any change quite yet.
    2) You likely aren't eating at a caloric deficit.

It's near impossible to out-exercise how many calories you're eating.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Define "discond" please. :flowerforyou:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Open your diary, tell us how you are calculating your calorie burns from Insanity, and let us help you figure out where the problem is with your calories in/calories out ratio before you start shelling out money for shakes or paying BB for the privilege of selling their products. Yes, you have to pay to be a coach on top of what you pay for the products, they don't just let you sign up and give you discounts. You have tons of knowledgable people here who can help you figure out calorie goals, macros, and what you need to tweak to get the scale moving for free.
  • frodopuppy
    Options
    I think she meant discount
  • MB_Positif
    Options

Oh. Thank you. :blushing:
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Question:

Have you been eating at a caloric deficit? Have you been weighing and measuring your food accurately?

Like you I am 5'6" and I started at about 170 lbs in July. I am down to about 140. Granted I've stalled for about 1.5 months because I'm a teacher and we've had vacations where I've been traveling. Even if I had continued without vacations, there's no way I could have dropped anymore than I have, or it would only be maybe 5 pounds.

50 lbs is a little unrealistic for your height especially in 6 months.

Shakeology is not a magic potion. If you do use it, use it as a way to help you eat in a deficit. Unless you plan on using shakeology for the rest of your life, change the way you're eating period.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    No way
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    No way

:laugh:
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Just use a cheaper protein shake instead. Costco sells Muscle Milk 100% Whey protein in a big bag for like 50 bucks and it will last you 6+ months.

As far as not losing any weight, any time you start a new workout regime or change your diet, you'll likely notice a slight weight increase or stall in loss. It is typical, so don't let it bother you. Just stick with it and make sure you are eating enough calories to fuel your workouts. If you are overly tired, you may not be consuming enough.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    If you want shakes, why not hit up GNC or bodybuilding.com

Just because they sell them doesn't mean they're going to magically work with the program.
  • leannegray31
    Options
    You have to pay money to be a coach. It's not worth it unless you genuinely want to dedicate yourself to being a salesperson for beachbody products.

Two weeks isn't very much time. I wouldn't write off a workout plan in that short of a time, unless you just don't like it. Wait until you've completed at least a month (or even the full program) to see if it's really working. Of course, there's also no shame in switching to something a little less intense if you need to. I find that I do better if I choose videos that I can mostly keep up with - if a video is too far outside my fitness level then I just get frustrated.

Keep in mind that all beachbody programs come with a diet plan for a reason - if you don't eat appropriately for your goals, then you're not going to make progress. So you need adequate calories to fuel your exercise, but enough of a deficit for weight loss. Protein shakes may or may not help - they're not magic. You can just as easily get enough protein from the food you eat. Remember that supplements are supplemental - they're not going to do much all by themselves. They just augment an already existing diet and exercise regimen.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    No way

Get right outta town.
  • Iriarte2014
    Options
    I am eating 1900 calories
  • Iriarte2014
    Options
    Question:

Have you been eating at a caloric deficit? Have you been weighing and measuring your food accurately?

Like you I am 5'6" and I started at about 170 lbs in July. I am down to about 140. Granted I've stalled for about 1.5 months because I'm a teacher and we've had vacations where I've been traveling. Even if I had continued without vacations, there's no way I could have dropped anymore than I have, or it would only be maybe 5 pounds.

50 lbs is a little unrealistic for your height especially in 6 months.

Shakeology is not a magic potion. If you do use it, use it as a way to help you eat in a deficit. Unless you plan on using shakeology for the rest of your life, change the way you're eating period.

I gained 5 lb last month in my 3 weeks vacations. Since then I am eating 1900 calories a day. What woul you recommend???
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    I would just keep trying and not lose hope - it takes a while for your body to change - You'll probably start to look different bit by bit but the scale may not change - don't count on the scale. Take pictures for reference. Don't give up and dont give in to those ridiculous schemes. You dont need shakeology - just stay dedicated.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If by "discond" you mean "potentially losing all of your friends because you start seeing them as potential clients", then yeah, it's a good idea.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I think when I started I was eating about 1600-1700 not including any exercise calories. How much did MFP tell you to eat?

And once again, are you accurately measuring and weighing?

You could be retaining water from the new exercise. Keep it up for another week or two before making anymore changes.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

I gained 5 lb last month in my 3 weeks vacations. Since then I am eating 1900 calories a day. What woul you recommend???

Determine your TDEE and eat at a moderate (10% - 20%) deficit.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale?

Are you using MFP's model (eating back exercise calories)?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    50 pounds in 6 months? What is the sudden emergency? You think that you can lose over 29% of your current weight in six months? Take a deep breath, plan a healthy menu filled with a variety of tasty foods, and eat at a moderate calorie deficit. You will surely have much more long-term success.