Am I seriously the only guy on here? LOL

Options

Replies

• jumper00
    Options
    hi I just joined a few minutes ago and Im excited to be here I HAVE 165 POUNDS TO LOSE SO i NEED ALL THE HELP i CAN GET MY E-MAIL ADRESS IS MONKEY551986@hotmail.ca hope to hear from any one soon
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Another guy reporting in to grow the minority. Been here for almost a month.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I've been here long enough to not know how long I've been on any more (somewhere between 3 and 4 years), I think when I started there were 2 or 3 hundred people total on here. I was one of maybe 5 guys. But that says as much about guys attitudes on weight loss as anything else. You have to be a strong man to accept that you're fat and put yourself out there. I've since lost the weight, added a bit of muscle and a lot of knowledge, and so now I mainly just help others and maintain. Welcome men!
  • wardba4
    wardba4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Another guy here also!
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    I was married for a long time, so I am only recently growing my pair back. joke.gif

Welcome.

Funny, that reminds me of the day my wife scheduled my vasectomy. All she said to me was "put on a pair of clean underwear, we are going for a ride in the car." :frown:
  • eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Men being manly.... brilliant!
    Lets face it we are the best.... but i'd be to scared to tell my misses!
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    count me! count me!! Yes, I'm male... but sometimes I feel more like the house b*tch! LOL
  • mayday2169
    Options
    Another MAN here your not alone!! Keep up the good work!!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Lot's a guys here. Keep up the good work and know you're not alone.
  • AdventureVia
    AdventureVia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to tell you this mate but your face is missing. Lose all the weight you like but I imagine a missing face is a deal breaker for most ladies....
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    I think we're going to have to start a men only thread. Talk about man things like... er........ :drinker:

Good idea Craig, the thread may help us women understand how you all really feel.
  • itsbella
    Options
    count me! count me!! Yes, I'm male... but sometimes I feel more like the house b*tch! LOL

:laugh: :laugh: and here's for your b!tch side :flowerforyou: LOL
  • itsbella
    Options
    I was married for a long time, so I am only recently growing my pair back. joke.gif

Welcome.

Funny, that reminds me of the day my wife scheduled my vasectomy. All she said to me was "put on a pair of clean underwear, we are going for a ride in the car." :frown:

This by far is the funniest thread going!! LOL
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Another guy here. I started at 250 and am 171 now. I've been on since March 2009 and am within a couple of pounds of my goal weight. My BMI has me now in the healthy range and I have dropped my goal to just losing a 1/2 pound of weight a week. I'm starting to adjust to eating more calories now. I've been averaging around 1650-1700 calories a day since then with an average of 650 calories a day in exercise. I mainly focused on cardio but am now adding weight training for toning purposes. My main exercise was brisk walking. At the beginning, I could walk 2.5 miles at about 3.0 mph. Now, I can walk 10.5 miles at about 4.4 mph.

This has been really a big challenge and I'm really proud of what I have accomplished. Still, I'm putting out this info so you can see it can be done. I'll stay on this site for the foreseeable future because it is as they say a lifestyle change.

It is hard, but you can see it can be done. You just have to think about more. One last example. I work in an office setting. I climb 60 flights of stairs throughout the day just to add to the calorie burn. This also allows me to eat more.
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    And you are doing good with your weight loss - men seem to have it easier anyway.

Hehe if only that were true....

And no, you're not the only guy on here :D
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not the only guy on here - but even if you were, you would be more than welcome and good luck in your journey!
  • Wiitabax
    Wiitabax Posts: 284
    Options
    Another gent here!

:smile:

Okay... some I'm a Nurse, but hey, you CAN be male and a Nurse too!!!

I just don't wear a dress is all!

:laugh:
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Check out my friend list...got some awesome guys on here!
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss and nope there are plenty of guys on the site. Enjoy mfp I have the app for android as well. I just did the update now i'm able to scan foods and add them to my food diary way cool.
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I been on here for a lil over a month and have a few guys on my friends list. All you got to do is look around and you will see theres actually a bunch of us on here.