Muscely women thighs. How do i slim down??

Options
13»

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    pics please.

Um, saw your profile picture and forget why I entered this thread... :love: :love: :love:

:flowerforyou:

Girl crush aside...

OP pic or it didn't happen.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    pics please.

Um, saw your profile picture and forget why I entered this thread... :love: :love: :love:

Girl crush aside...

tell me more

i has rum.:bigsmile:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    OP, could you please provide pictures of these muscley thighs?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    pics please.

Girl crush aside...

tell me more

the-rum-diary-the-rum-diary-25030465-500-277.gif

hF5E52C0D
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Huh.

I have been squatiing and deadlifting for about a year now, and my thighs didn't get any bigger. I feel pretty bad about myself now,
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Have you been stretching? It might not make a big difference but the ability to let your muscles stretch out and relax after a workout will promote longer, leaner muscles, rather than big, bulky hulking muscles. Yoga positions like Downward Dog, Triangle Pose, Pyramid Pose, Dancer and King Dancer, Happy Baby and Hurdler stretches will promote strength in those muscles while allowing them to unclench; it will also help alleviate soreness and ache after a workout.

It could also be that the rest of your muscle groups are going to catch up to your legs eventually and even out your proportions; in that case yes, concentrate a little more on working your abs and upper body, but don't neglect your legs! Just like losing weight, people shrink faster in some areas than other people do; same goes for weight training--some of your muscles are going to respond a little faster than others. It's not anything to worry about, and the rest of you will catch up. :)

In...

...for changing the insertion points of your muscles with certain exercises.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    pics please.

Girl crush aside...

tell me more

the-rum-diary-the-rum-diary-25030465-500-277.gif

hF5E52C0D
    why-is-the-rum-gone-2.gif
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Have you been stretching? It might not make a big difference but the ability to let your muscles stretch out and relax after a workout will promote longer, leaner muscles, rather than big, bulky hulking muscles. Yoga positions like Downward Dog, Triangle Pose, Pyramid Pose, Dancer and King Dancer, Happy Baby and Hurdler stretches will promote strength in those muscles while allowing them to unclench; it will also help alleviate soreness and ache after a workout.

It could also be that the rest of your muscle groups are going to catch up to your legs eventually and even out your proportions; in that case yes, concentrate a little more on working your abs and upper body, but don't neglect your legs! Just like losing weight, people shrink faster in some areas than other people do; same goes for weight training--some of your muscles are going to respond a little faster than others. It's not anything to worry about, and the rest of you will catch up. :)

In...

...for changing the insertion points of your muscles with certain exercises.

tumblr_m4ebf8tJzd1qzydh2o1_r1_500.gif
  • happyrelation
    Options
    Every body is different. A pound is 3500 calories. The more muscle you have, the faster you'll burn the fat.
    You need weight training 3 times a week, alternating days. Cardio is fine too.
    You have to eat and burn calories to take you under your maintenance calories. For instance, there are calculators out there to do this...my maintenance is 1800 calories a day. If I were to eat 1500 calories a day, that's 300 calories a day less than what it takes to maintain my body weight. 300 times 7 days is 2100 calories. Not quite a pound. So, let's say my goal is to workout 3 times a week and add cardio 2 times and I burned 1900 calories through that. 1900 plus 2100 is 4000 calories.
    One pound being 3500 calories, I've just lost just over a pound in a week.
    4 1/2 pounds a month times 6 is 27 pounds.
    Plus, people that are very overweight, tend to lose more in the beginning because there's water weight etc. that comes off faster.
    But that's the basic foundation.
    I'm doing a program just for women at http://inshapenow.net. It's amazing with great support from women doing this program or have already succeeded.

Just remember...
    Less calories, build muscle through weights, eat protein and carbs through veggies and fruit. You need fat in your diet, don't cut it all out. There are good fats. Dump the diet sodas, they won't help, and actually have been proven to hurt weight loss.

Good luck