Is my fitbit too generous?

Options
13»

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    But again, the scale never lies.

au contraire... google "Why the Scale Lies" some very good info.

Don't need to, because it doesn't. UNLESS YOU HAVE AN UNDERLYING MEDICAL CONDITION you will lose weight in a calorie deficit. Period.
  • ChayB
    ChayB Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    They'd better not flipping lie as I want to do this right at 1330 cals isn't a lot so I want all of it :D
  • prattiger65
    Options
    They'd better not flipping lie as I want to do this right at 1330 cals isn't a lot so I want all of it :D

It doesnt, your weight will fluctuate because of lots of factors, water retention, volume of intake, how "regular" you are etc. With that said, you need to be as diligent as possible with your logging, both food and exercise. Watch your macros and make sure you get enough protein and fat. Then, watch the trend in your weight over a period of time, weight loss isnt linear. My weight will fluctuate as much as 5 pounds, but the trend is down, about a pound a week on average. Dont get caught up in all the noise. Weight loss is calories in/calories out. Optimum health requires some exercise and macro watching on top of that. That is overly simplistic, but you get the point im sure.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I glanced at your MFP diary. It looks about right for a fitbit user. Rarely is there a day where mine doesn't want me to eat more than what it gives me at the start of the day. Mine's set for a 250 calorie per day deficit. (So 1/2 lb per week.) Every day for me starts with 1470 as the target. I have negative adjustments in MFP turned OFF.

If you find that after 4-6 weeks of doing exactly what you're doing now, you're not losing that 1 lb per week on average over the long term, my guess is your food weights/measurements COULD be off and/or your FitBit is overestimating. Long term, I've found mine to be +/- 70 calories per day from what FitBit and MFP tell me.

The only exercises I add manually (into MFP) are hard biking, swimming, and weight lifting. I let FitBit do the rest.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Look at your Fitbit seeting, on the food log page, look where it says your calories for the day, click on the arrow to the left and edit plan.
    Look what your current and target weight is, and what deficit you want.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and really believe that it is your diet that is the problem.

I highly recommend more fruits and vegetables and less refined and processed carbohydrates.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I gave up on the fitbit because it was far too generous. MFP and Runkeeper is all I need.
  • KrissyKris10
    KrissyKris10 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit. I remember reading somewhere that it reccommends entering the override information on mfp. either way, i have known it to double count at times. The sync is sometimes buggy when it comes to entering manual activities. I know what my daily average activity burn is and how much i normally burn for certain activities tho. If it seems higher than it should be, then i know something went wrong.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit. I remember reading somewhere that it reccommends entering the override information on mfp. either way, i have known it to double count at times. The sync is sometimes buggy when it comes to entering manual activities. I know what my daily average activity burn is and how much i normally burn for certain activities tho. If it seems higher than it should be, then i know something went wrong.

In order to avoid the double posting, you need to enter the exercise on MFP and make sure that the start time is correct so it can sync with FitBit and override it.
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Don't need to, because it doesn't. UNLESS YOU HAVE AN UNDERLYING MEDICAL CONDITION you will lose weight in a calorie deficit. Period.

I didn't say you wouldn't lose weight with a calorie deficit. I pointed out a good article that explains why sometimes you don't see those results on a scale right away.
  • prattiger65
    Options

I didn't say you wouldn't lose weight with a calorie deficit. I pointed out a good article that explains why sometimes you don't see those results on a scale right away.

ok