serious problem

Options
im having trouble breathing it feels like there is a ton of fluid in my lungs i really dont get sick ever if i do its for a day and then im better so i always just keep trucking last week i noticed i was having a hard time catching a full breath and it eventually went away after like 2 day then yesterday i would get dizzy everytime i stood up like i was just gonna bust my face and i worked out and just kept hacking crap up and lost my breath so easily its recovery weeks its not that hard so i should be blowing thru it and now today im having a hard time catching my breath and just feeling like im just filled with pleghm idk i may just be panicking but i have no history of panick attacks i keep having to yawn to catch a breathe idk anyone something similar to this i never get sick so idk but ive had the flu before and a cold and it doesnt seem this bad and web md just scares the **** out of me type in 5 symptoms and you end up with some rare *kitten* disease its not for me..

oh and im a poor college student dont reccomend going to the er

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    isnt there a clinic on campus or a walk in clinic in your local town.....you should get checked out for sure....
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I would get checked out by a doctor ASAP. You don't mess around with not being able to get a full breath. It is possible you have some type of pneumonia - that is what it sounds like to me anyway, and I had walking pneumonia for a few weeks in college. But of course, I am not a doctor.

I had a problem earlier this fall not being able to breath, and my doc diagnosed it as anxiety. With your coughing and stuff, I would not wait around. Maybe don't go to the ER, but if you have a campus health center go there, if not, go to an Urgent Care.

I hope you start feeling better soon!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Could be bronchitis or pneumonia. GET CHECKED OUT. Pneumonia can still be fatal.
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    If it is bad as you make it sound. Go to a doctor. Honestly, if you can't breathe that is a serious thing. Not something you want to play around with.
  • beckyharper
    beckyharper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my son did this last winter when he had pneumonia....go toa little clinic in a walgreens or a kroger, they aren't expensive and can give you prescriptions for atibiotics if you need them.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Get checked out babe! Wherever you can. It would be a shame to have something treatable that causes something majorly serious, i.e. death, just because you're a "poor college student". Health first!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    im not caughing im just always spitting up pleghm i only caugh during my workouts
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You could take an over-the-counter expectorant to get the phlegm out.
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    im not caughing im just always spitting up pleghm i only caugh during my workouts

Dude, take it from another poor college student. GO TO THE DOCTOR. The internet is no place to try to get answers for being sick. You'll just end up scaring yourself. Chances are you're school as a clinic anyway, if not go to the ER. By law they have to treat you.

AND stop working out! If are coughing during workouts and struggling more than normal it is a good sigh to stop!!!
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    There's a bunch of stuff going around where I live. Get it checked out, you might need an antibiotic.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Could be pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma....any number of things. I'm old enough to be your Mother, so listen to me: GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options

Dude, take it from another poor college student. GO TO THE DOCTOR. The internet is no place to try to get answers for being sick. You'll just end up scaring yourself. Chances are you're school as a clinic anyway, if not go to the ER. By law they have to treat you.

AND stop working out! If are coughing during workouts and struggling more than normal it is a good sigh to stop!!!

And take it from an ex-poor college student.

Pick your phlegmy happy *kitten* up and go to your campus clinic. You should have insurance from your parental units or bought it from your institution if you are a f/t student. This is the time when you are supposed to use it.

Go silly! Asking us what's wrong isn't going to fix you since we can't listen to your breathing, get you a chest xray, or simply know your personal medical history.

Pretend I'm your older sister and I'll beat you up at winter break for being a fool for not going. ;)
  • atom11220
    atom11220 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I do not think messing with your health is something to be taken lightly. I also have a clinic on campus that gives basic services for free. At least go to the clinic to get some preliminary check up. Dude, also not catching your breath is a serious symptom telling you there is something wrong with your body.
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am a doctor and you need to SEE a doctor. We cannot help you on a list like this. Agree with all the other advice. Don't exercise until you are medically cleared.
  • plainjoe81
    plainjoe81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    pneumonia = death (if not treated... only thing worse then being a poor student is being a dead student)
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    i go to a community college i doubt they have **** and my dads going through a rough time with his bussiness im trying to spend as little of his money is possible because he is paying for my college and stuff half the reason im working out is to join the reserves so i can pay him back and not feel guilty i mean if its just the flu i dont wanna waste money should i just watch it for a few more days and see?
  • lefrance12
    Options
    When in doubt, get it checked out is the rule of thumb I go by. Dont wait til something small becomes something big. Breathing is already a big deal!! Go see a doctor!!:glasses:
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Definitely go to the doctor... my guess is on pneumonia (or at least something similar) or a sinus infection (which for me turns pretty quickly into breathing issues as well). Both easily treatable with generic antibiotic... but miserable without getting medical help!
  • Purplegal32
    Purplegal32 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    GO to the ER now! I had an issue where I couldnt catch my breath I thought it was a flu bug I ignored it thought I would get over it and FINALLY I went to the Er hoping to get a script to make me feel better and I had three blodd clots in my lungs. So you never know what could be wrong just go! I learned a lesson always go to the dr when something is wrong. you never know.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It seriously sounds like when I had pneumonia. You really MUST get to a doctor. Surely your college has a health center. I know they typically have the reputation of being less than helpful, but this is nothing to mess around with.