Hi, My names Danielle and I'm obese....

Options

Replies

• antoinettejoyner
    Options
    Hi Danielle, my name is Antoinette but everyone calls me Toni. I am 5" 8 and weigh 215 lbs. My goal is to come down to 185 lb which, would make me a size 10 or 12. For me, it's about being healthy and getting back into a size 10 or 12. True, it can be annoying to hear smaller people complain about having to lose 10 or 15 lbs which comes from eating too many sweets, carbs and not enough water but I don't focus on them.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm Angie and I'm 5'5" and I weigh in at 230. When I stared in September 2012, I was 286. I have a lot more to go as I want to hit 200, see how I feel and if I can maintain at that and then maybe try for 175.

I've not seen Onederland since I was in high school.
  • Tabbycat54
    Tabbycat54 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle, my name is Tabitha and I'm starting out at 257 lbs. I'd be happy to join you on your weight loss journey.
  • growler04
    Options
    Hello Danielle, I am 5 feet 4 inches and I am 270 trying to lose 100 pounds. Once I reach that goal I will see if I'm happy there or if I need to keep going. I like the idea of having friends who are in the same boat so we can succeed together and understand where I'm coming from. I would like to be friends with you! so If you'd like, lets be friends. If not it's cool.
  • duchessglencairn
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I think I would complain about things at any weight. I'm not a good fit for you, but hi.
    hehe this is me also. But good luck. Having supportive friends is helpful! Glad your here
  • thelazydandelion
    thelazydandelion Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you for some of the lovely things said. I didn't set out to offend anyone by being so picky on who I added, it's jut who I am. This is more than a weight loss thing for me, I'm taking control of my life and seeking the things I want, being who I want. I often feel guilty because I don't add everyone who adds me but I shouldn't, you don't date every person that asks you out do you? lol

Seriously tho, good luck to everyone whatever your goal is.

Be happy. x
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle! I started off at 260 and as of Thursday I'm 208. Feel free to add me.
  • Clandahlina
    Options
    I weigh more than you do (325), but I might be taller, too (5'9"). I just started my weight loss journey, too. I understand what you mean about people who just want to lose a few pounds not getting what we're dealing with, but I've also seen a lot of people on these boards who WERE in our shoes but are now on the other side. It gives me inspiration.

tl;dr version: don't discount ALL the skinnies. ;)
  • shel0158
    shel0158 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    HI Danielle, You can add me if you want to. I am also obese. I started almost 2 weeks ago. Weighing in at 355 pounds. I know how you feel about hearing people who weigh less complain. My daughter is bad about that. She is a bean pole and constantly says she is fat. It erks me something awful, and makes me feel so much bigger. I dont think she knows that. I keep telling her she isnt fat but she has enough skin she can pinch so it is like talking to a brick wall.
  • dhouse6167
    Options
    I am also considered obese, I started at exactly 300 pounds, in a little over a week i've lost 9 pounds, i joined MyFitnessPal at 297.8 on February 15, I am now 291.2 as of this morning, I have a goal weight for now of about 225. when I get to 225 I will estimate my next goal
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm no longer overweight, but I used to be morbidly obese at 5'4 and 302 lbs. Anyway, I respect that you want other friends who are similar to you, but still wanted to say "Hi!".. Welcome!
  • losing270
    Options
    Hi I just started MFP and I weigh 270. The heaviest I have been is 298. I have had a weight issue since my college days. Up and down... I suffer from depression, anxiety, and post traumatic stress disorder. I was in an accident in 1993 which messed my back up and so I am disabled. This makes it hard to exercise. I am going to try and just count calories and once I am down so much in weight, I am hoping then it won't hurt so bad and I will be able to exercise. Tina
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name's Von and I've had a love of food since infancy. My highest weight was 367. Now I'm around 230. Feel free to add me.
  • aka_Kamalevantis
    Options
    Hi Danielle,

I know you want friend of a similar weight to yourself (so that you can slim down together) but if you would like to add me, I started out at 321lb in November 2012, I am now 191lb.

I am very active on here and have plenty to say some days (when work allows me the time to get near the phone or laptop) I am 40 years old and have been fighting my weight forever, but now I am begining to win the battle....

Good luck on your journey

xXx
  • TripleOG92
    Options
    Yep, I'm with you.

I'm 21, 5'6 and 207 currently. GW is 175 by the summer and 150 by my birthday in October

My largest size was 255 in May 2013.

I have friends that are small and complain about losing 5-10 lbs and its hard when you have over 20 lbs to lose.

You can def add me if you'd like. I'm here for ya with any tips or anything :)

Stay motivated!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    242 as of last weigh-in. On here pretty much everyday (other than the last couple but that's unusual for me).

Was at 264 when I joined in October. Final goal is in the 150-170 range (depending on what I look like at that point. I'm OK with 170 if it's looking toned...)

Add me if you wish....
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hi all feel free to add if to out feel like additional support
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I know how it is to hear people whining about money when they make more than I do, so can understand it's the same for weight loss. You should also look for people as friends who are in different phases but started with as much weight to lose as you did, since they can tell you more about what worked for them and got them through the tough spots.
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hey Danielle! Feel free to add me, I started my journey a year ago at 295lbs. I have lost 103lbs so far, 42lbs still to go. I am 5'4, 33yrs old, married for almost 13yrs & have 2 pretty awesome kids. I log in every single day & love to help support you on your journey to a better you :-)