Do you feel guilty if you don't work out?

Options
13»

Replies

• ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear about your mum..

Yes though, I always feel guilty. Even on some designated rest days i have to force myself to chill the funk out. I feel the same way, like an overwhelming feeling that all the weight I've lost is going to be back tenfold and that I'll never reach goal and on some crazier days that I never lost any weight to begin with and I'm still as fat as before. Dx I feel the same way when I overeat, I hate it i know I need to chill out but I can't help it. :ohwell:
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Due to life smacking me in the face, I haven't worked out in 3 weeks.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    First off I'm sorry about your mom, I pray things go well for her :)

Yes, I feel guilty too if I can't/don't workout. I have a buddy at work that goes with me, so we try to push one another to go after work in the morning. I have found that helps me.

Try to remember that sometimes life happens. It gets busy and we can't accomplish everything we would like to. This goes for exercise as well. I had the flu last weekend, was bummed about not keeping up with things here, but I figure as long as It doesn't become a long term habit, it will be alright. When the time is right, be it a day, or a week or two, you can get right back on track!

You can do it!
  • IrishGabriella
    IrishGabriella Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Guilt is an energy sucker. Now you need rest, so you can be strong for your mom. When you get a chance for yourself, do something that will give you joy. Sorry about your mom, sending you a hug.

+1

& guilt is a symptom of depression. You had a lot on your plate even before your Mum's diagnosis. Perhaps you were stressed or feeling low before & are using the exercise as a form of escapism, yes of course it's good for you too though. I obviously haven't a clue as I don't know you, but I know about using things as a form of escape & guilt.

Please don't be so hard on yourself.