Heart Rate Monitor

Options
2»

Replies

• kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I actually get higher calorie burns for some things on my HRM. The elliptical and the stair climber both come in at slightly higher than 10 calories a minute, compared to slightly less than 10 calories a minute before. For most other things though my HRM is way lower!
  • krystie99
    krystie99 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I hve the Polar F6, got it off ebay for $60 and it's amazing!! No more guess work! Love, love, LOVE IT!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Ah well, I have the FT40. Now a question on that:

On the F6, it set my day that it changed over each week and I couldn't change it to save my life. So every Monday it reset for the week, although my WW weigh-in day is Saturday. Combining the two has been very interesting! LOL!

Can I reset my weekly totals and have it stick on the FT40 - so that when my points, et. al. convert on WW, I can start with a clean slate on my HRM?
  • wandakusa
    wandakusa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I actually have two watches. I have the Garmin FR60 and the Polar FT4. I love them both.

The Garmin watch was not as user friendly and took me awhile to setup and use. Its a multisport watch and can be used for running, aerobic classes, biking, etc. But the thing I liked most about the watch was that you can upload your workout to Garmin's website and track your progress on their site. Its interesting to me to be able to look back at my workouts over periods of time to see my calories, burned, heart rate, duration, activity, etc.. I ended up messing up my chest strap on the Garmin so I got the Polar FT4 in the meanwhile until I order the Garmin chest strap.

The Polar FT4 was easy to use right out of the box. It has less features than the Garmin but I still love it a lot due to the ease of use. I've been manually tracking my progress in an Excel spreadsheet.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I recall that my polar f6 could upload to the polar site (not that I did it). I thought the f4 could as well, if you wanted...
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I actually have two watches. I have the Garmin FR60 and the Polar FT4. I love them both.

The Garmin watch was not as user friendly and took me awhile to setup and use. Its a multisport watch and can be used for running, aerobic classes, biking, etc. But the thing I liked most about the watch was that you can upload your workout to Garmin's website and track your progress on their site. Its interesting to me to be able to look back at my workouts over periods of time to see my calories, burned, heart rate, duration, activity, etc.. I ended up messing up my chest strap on the Garmin so I got the Polar FT4 in the meanwhile until I order the Garmin chest strap.

The Polar FT4 was easy to use right out of the box. It has less features than the Garmin but I still love it a lot due to the ease of use. I've been manually tracking my progress in an Excel spreadsheet.

I am a runner and looking for an HRM that tracks calories burned, distance and pace...do either the Garmin or the Polar you mentioned do ALL of that???