NOW you like me???

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when a person loses weight and starts to feel better about themselves, they start projecting a different vibe - more confidence, more openness. Maybe people are responding to your new vibe as much or more than your weight loss...I agree with the poster who said you may just be more approachable now...
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Is he hot
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I haven't directly dealt with this specifically, but there was a guy who blew me off in high school. I saw him years later at a bar with abunch of my friends. After talking with him for a few minutes, he wrote down his number. I turned around to walk back to my friends and I tore it up Vince Vaughan in Swingers style. It was awesome.

I had a moment like that once, too, MB! It was a guy I went to high school with, but this was when we were early 20's.

He starts trying to hit on me in a bar and while we're talking the conversation turns to this:

Him: "I remember you from school...you always seemed like such a know-it-all."
    Me: "I remember you, too. You always seemed like such an *kitten*."
    Him: "I was obviously really wrong about you..."
    Me: "Yeah...But I wasn't."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hahahaha, nice!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I haven't changed a huge amount from my before and after. But I DO get more comments... Because somewhere along the way I started loving myself and being comfortable in my own skin. That shines through and people have noticed me. I smile even more, laugh even more, and am pretty fun to be around.

Maybe you don't see it, maybe your sister doesn't, but maybe other do?

Also, taking better care of yourself is an attractive trait in itself. I can't fault someone for finding you more attractive because you are investing more into yourself.

Congrats on the loss!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    You are flat out gorgeous, if it took him this long he is crazy.
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You are flat out gorgeous, if it took him this long he is crazy.

Awww! Thanks!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    bumping for later.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Perhaps he liked you before but didn't find you sexually attractive.

We all like to pretend that looks don't matter, but that's a lie we tell ourselves. If you weren't attractive enough to engage his attentions before, that's as much on you as it is on him.

Good news is he still likes you enough on the inside to go ahead and express interest.

Don't blame him because you made yourself more attractive.

I745023.jpg

If I don't like someone's personality AND find them attractive, I'm not interested. If I like someone's personality and they change to become what I find attractive, I may be interested where I wasn't before. People can say that makes me shallow if they want. But I'm pretty sure those same people aren't interested in someone who they find physically unattractive for whatever reason either.
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options

We all like to pretend that looks don't matter, but that's a lie we tell ourselves. If you weren't attractive enough to engage his attentions before, that's as much on you as it is on him.

Good news is he still likes you enough on the inside to go ahead and express interest.

This. Fitness and being active are big turn ons for me and have before made a so so guy more attractive when they've turned a new leaf and started to get in shape. And you most likely are exuding more confidence since losing the weight.

I noticed the same trend when I stopped being such a tomboy and started wearing heels and skinny jeans. I still talk about cars and swear like a sailor, but some guy friends have sung a different tune towards me because they find the girlie side attractive. I don't find it offensive in the slightest. Sometimes even when a person makes no apparent changes they can become more attractive due to our changing perspective in life.
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to disagree with you guys.

I really DO agree with you in regards to if you've just met someone. Physical attraction is a HUGE part of it.

But if it's someone who has known you for a long time (which is what we're discussing here)...I've dated a few guys (and even married one) that were not at all what I find physically attractive...but who they were MADE them attractive to me. So, I found them incredibly handsome (even in a physical sense) once I knew them.

I really do believe that what's on the inside can make you attractive or ugly on the outside, as well.

But maybe that's just me...
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Might never happen, but just imagine, you put weight back on, or something else happens, like illness.

Would you trust him to stay by your side?
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    So you want a man who likes "who you are on the inside," but doesn't find you sexually attractive? Good luck with that...
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, just look at it as a decent confidence boost :flowerforyou:
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

This most people are visual
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options

I really DO agree with you in regards to if you've just met someone. Physical attraction is a HUGE part of it.

But if it's someone who has known you for a long time (which is what we're discussing here)...I've dated a few guys (and even married one) that were not at all what I find physically attractive...but who they were MADE them attractive to me. So, I found them incredibly handsome (even in a physical sense) once I knew them.

I really do believe that what's on the inside can make you attractive or ugly on the outside, as well.

Some of these guys are ones I've known for quite some time...at least 10 years or so. And I agree, a personality and mental connection are a must for me to legitimately get the real feel goods towards someone. But to be brutally honest...I have never met someone who was not physically attractive to me and their personality turned my mind on it. It might have been they were physically ok but it was something I never thought about since for whatever reason I viewed them as a friend only and later on developed feelings. I have a broad range of physical preferences though so maybe this doesn't matter. I tend to be attracted to active people, and with that comes a typical range of body types.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    No matter how long I have known someone, if I don't find them attractive they aren't someone with whom I would consider a relationship. Looks matter. When that is acknowledged, some like to accuse a person of ONLY caring about looks. But there is nothing wrong with wanting someone to whom your attracted to both for what's on the inside AND outside.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options

It's not just you. The face with a big honking nose can be very sexy if the mind/personality is sexy to me. But at the same time when I look back every man I have dated has had broad shoulders and narrow hips. Maybe it's a coincidence. Probably not.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    No matter how long I have known someone, if I don't find them attractive they aren't someone with whom I would consider a relationship. Looks matter. When that is acknowledged, some like to accuse a person of ONLY caring about looks. But there is nothing wrong with wanting someone to whom your attracted to both for what's on the inside AND outside.

Yup.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

But you're still missing the point. You are holding HIM accountable for something that was in YOUR control, making him answer for what appear to be your latent insecurities. This is on you, whether you think it should be or not. Going forward, when this comes up again (and it will, as you are quite attractive), try to react in a different manner, whether you are interested in him or not. If you're not interested, tell him so, but don't say it's because you didn't like me when I was fat. He didn't make you fat, so don't try to hold him accountable for it. It doesn't matter how long you've been acquainted, part of the attraction equation was in your control and you didn't fix it until recently.

Now I will agree that there's a ton of wiggle room in attractiveness. I find a woman at my work much hotter than she actually is strictly because her personality goes to 11.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options

QFT!