Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Yay
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I love them with protein before a workout!
  • candlechick27
    candlechick27 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I eat banana's with peanut butter... get my protein with it!! MMM...
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    A yonanas machine and pb2 replaced my need for ice cream,i have it daily in the warm months.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    I eat banana's with peanut butter... get my protein with it!! MMM...

don't use peanut butter as a protein source lol
    Lol people wouldn't eat it if they knew it was mostly a fat source! Shhhhhhh!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Bananas YEA I eat at least one a day. Quick nutritious snack and I'm losing. I really like them right before a workout
  • cstephen1234
    cstephen1234 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always have a banana 1/2 hour before a workout, it definately helps stop stomach cramps and hunger. I have been loosing weight slowly and steadily and bananas are very much part of this healthy eating. I have definately still a lot of belly fat to loose however but I think thats just a mummy thing nothing to do with bananas?
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I eat 5-10 a day,
    some people eat 20-30 and are stick thin
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Eat them.
  • Spacegirlley
    Spacegirlley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love bananas, I grew up on them. Doubt I will ever stop eating them.

I now have the banana song stuck in my head though >.<

http://youtu.be/J03R_62la4g
  • ladycadaverous
    ladycadaverous Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bananas are great. Id eat more if everytime I turned around they weren't brown already:)
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Banana and peanut butter on wholemeal bread... awwwww yeeaahhhhhhhhh!!!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    It amazes me that people try and pass off bananas as being unhealthy. My guess is it's probably because they are one of the higher calorie fruits (a medium one will set you back about 100 cals), a probably the 25 or so grams of carbs, due to the common diet trend of 'carbs are the enemy'. But no one food gives you belly fat. Too much of any food causes fat, in general.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Yea!

I don't eat every day. And, I do not eat more than 1-2 per day when I do have them on hand. But I do like them and I feel that they are part of a healthy diet.
  • chemteacher1987
    chemteacher1987 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love bananas and try to fit them into my diet on a daily basis. I find that they really aid in hunger pains

**just as a funny: there is a picture of a banana next to the response box right now***
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    It amazes me that people try and pass off bananas as being unhealthy. My guess is it's probably because they are one of the higher calorie fruits (a medium one will set you back about 100 cals), a probably the 25 or so grams of carbs, due to the common diet trend of 'carbs are the enemy'. But no one food gives you belly fat. Too much of any food causes fat, in general.

..yeah, but didn't you know that bananafats go directly to your tummytum?

...:drinker:
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Bananas are great! Their use is almost unlimited and can supress sugar binges. They have some protein and lots of fiber. I limit them to one a day.

banana_man_full_wall-01.jpg
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I think there is some confusion in this thread. The "controversy" was never over the healthiness of bananas (they are great!) Its over eye contact during consumption of the fruit.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Typically they're not my favorite use of 100 calories.. so I have them occasionally but it's definitely not a weekly thing.